Rumor: Campbell Likely to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Was looking on Hockeybuzz, we have 19 players signed with 5,315,706 left in cap space. So 4 players left to sign with that amount of money.

Eric Staal at 1 year/2 million
Brian Campbell at 1 year/1.5 million

We would have 1,815,706 left to spend on 2 players

We only need 22 boss. We won't break cap with 23 guys. So from 19 3 guys left.

Campbell
Staal
Vet F at 1.1 if Campbell comes in less than 2.9.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
We can't fit him at 3m. We need to sign a couple forwards.

We could do 3.0 MAX. 2.8 left us at 300,000 left and that might not be enough. Soupy will sign at 2.5 with some bonus bucks next year for games played or something easy for him.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Staal can't do bonuses.. he's not old enough (35 and over)

I can see Campbell and Staal at 2 each

I have it working with the cap and 300k to spare!

Staal - toews - shmaltz
panarin-anisimov-kane
panik-kruger-hossa
hinostroza-rasmussen-desjardins
mashinter

keith-hjalmarsson
seabrook-campbell
tvr-kempny
rozsival

YEP, that would be AMAZING!

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Campbell's gonna fall right around $2 million.

If he is under 2.5, we can then get aggressive with one more plus contract body (Staal). I have been posting 2.8 for Soup in all my teams before, you guys are getting me down to 2.5. I just can't see it that cheap though, I mean someone would take Campbell, #3D for 4M right now. Why doesn't Edm for example, these D poor teams. Anyway, I hope you guys are right, it's a huge bonus anything under 2.5.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
click on multi -beside quote-, until you have quoted the 2nd last person, and the last person you quote you just hit quote.

Thanks! I will try it, I am always behind the threads and then just reply as I see stuff, most times others are saying the same thing.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
Was looking on Hockeybuzz, we have 19 players signed with 5,315,706 left in cap space. So 4 players left to sign with that amount of money.

Eric Staal at 1 year/2 million
Brian Campbell at 1 year/1.5 million

We would have 1,815,706 left to spend on 2 players

Depends who they have on the roster but I think you can 2 and 2 and you should be ok since you have cheap forwards like baun Rasmussen machinter at less than 700k

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The 2013 D was loaded. Rozy was a solid #4-5 then and Leddy was our 6.

With Campbell this would be the second best defense we've rolled with if Kempny can play/Q doesn't overuse Rozy.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
hope soupy signs but then we have a trade that Stan needs to make.TOO many D

honestly can't figure out the cozy signing, it makes no sense at all even to babysit kempney.....

were ****ed unless Stan has a deal in place which he very likely could have.

I for one hope it is TVR and Svedberg that is dealt and we keep pokka/gus......he can give rundblad away for a bag of pucks going the other way with bladder.....

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
hope soupy signs but then we have a trade that Stan needs to make.TOO many D

honestly can't figure out the cozy signing, it makes no sense at all even to babysit kempney.....

were ****ed unless Stan has a deal in place which he very likely could have.

I for one hope it is TVR and Svedberg that is dealt and we keep pokka/gus......he can give rundblad away for a bag of pucks going the other way with bladder.....

Stan and Q always say we need 8-10 D men in your org that can play. So what is wrong with having young D assets that can play in the NHL. Yes they have value. We can't trade 2 young good D men for say a 3M forward since it just doesn't fit the cap. So while their value might get that for us, which is great, we can't fit it. So let them season in the AHL, ala Johns.

Tvr
kempy
rozy
gus
sved

there is 9. Pokka and forsling as well are assets. So that is 11. They always say 10ish. So don't know if that is enough. I just don't see how to move them. For picks only, we don't need picks, we need NHL able wings that are better than our
hinastroza, bauns, hartmans' etc. THAT is what we need, an NHL kid ELC that doesn't suck lol.

For the record, I think motte will be the best of the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad