Rumor: Campbell Likely to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHFan

Aug 9, 2015
Was looking on Hockeybuzz, we have 19 players signed with 5,315,706 left in cap space. So 4 players left to sign with that amount of money.

Eric Staal at 1 year/2 million
Brian Campbell at 1 year/1.5 million

We would have 1,815,706 left to spend on 2 players

Does that factor in Panarin's bonus? Wasn't that almost 2 million that needed to come out of this year's cap?

I hope Seabrook comes back with a vengence and doesn't go the way of Bickell. The hit would be twice as painful as Bickell and last twice as long if this is the begininning of his decline. It's interesting to note that Seabrook had his best year as a Hawk last year as far as points -- 49 and scored 5 more goals and 7 more points than Keith. Yet he always seemed to look slow. He must have been doing something right. Let's hope a full summer of rest and laying off the brewskis does the trick.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Was looking on Hockeybuzz, we have 19 players signed with 5,315,706 left in cap space. So 4 players left to sign with that amount of money.

Eric Staal at 1 year/2 million
Brian Campbell at 1 year/1.5 million

We would have 1,815,706 left to spend on 2 players

I can't see Campbell taking less than 3 million. That is a steal in itself. 1.5 million is a slap in the face.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
This would be ideal. Same deal for Staal.

Staal can't do bonuses.. he's not old enough (35 and over)

I can see Campbell and Staal at 2 each

I have it working with the cap and 300k to spare!

Staal - toews - shmaltz
panarin-anisimov-kane
panik-kruger-hossa
hinostroza-rasmussen-desjardins
mashinter

keith-hjalmarsson
seabrook-campbell
tvr-kempny
rozsival

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
Yeah, no reason not to give it to him. he will be up all year, and CHI isn't selling at the deadline no matter what.

Isn't the expansion draft in June 2017? Wouldn't an NMC for Campbell force us to protect him? (Which we couldn't do, because we already have the 3 defensemen we want / have to protect.)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1125.gif

Jon Hamm always looks totally hammered in every non-Mad Men thing I see him in :laugh:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Well, if Campbell doesn't work out, Wisniewski just got bought out

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I am fine with this if it passes

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Kempny-TVR
(Rozy)

Should be good top 4 ,, 3rd pairing if Kempny doesn't falter should be stable and Rozy can play his 30-40 games

This is GREAT D. This is like way better than anything we have had since what 2013? 2015 Cup D was 4 guys. This CRUSHES what we WON a CUP with in 2015. I think that D would be TREMENDOUS.

I agree with this post expect one thing. I don't think, barring injuries, Rozy gets CLOSE to 30 games. I can see him getting 20, about once a week, give Kempy a break, again barring someone out.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Amongst the doom and gloom of this offseason the Hawks will trot out a STUD albeit old as **** top 4. Prob the best they've ever fielded if Seabrook takes a step back in the right direction.

THIS. 7 will be better 100% sure. I would bet anyone on that for this year.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I would rather move TVR and play Pokka because by the end of the season I think he will be our best option.

BUT this is the best D core the Hawks have had since the resurgence.

Yeppers. To me what is best about it is it is the strongest 5-6 in a LONG time. We have (2) 4-5 guys playing in the 5-6 hole, that is yummy. We have had 7-8-9 guys playing in the 5-6 hole for years. AND a cheap Rozy to be ready and not eat much cap. Perfect. I love what Stan has done to get us to this point, umm if we get our D to this point :).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The 'best D core in years' claim requires that Seabrook elevate his play significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad