RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am fine with this if it passes

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Kempny-TVR
(Rozy)

Should be good top 4 ,, 3rd pairing if Kempny doesn't falter should be stable and Rozy can play his 30-40 games

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Amongst the doom and gloom of this offseason the Hawks will trot out a STUD albeit old as **** top 4. Prob the best they've ever fielded if Seabrook takes a step back in the right direction.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
1125.gif

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am fine with this if it passes

Keith-Seabrook
Campbell-Hjalmarsson
Kempny-TVR
(Rozy)

Should be good top 4 ,, 3rd pairing if Kempny doesn't falter should be stable and Rozy can play his 30-40 games

I would rather move TVR and play Pokka because by the end of the season I think he will be our best option.

BUT this is the best D core the Hawks have had since the resurgence.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Amongst the doom and gloom of this offseason the Hawks will trot out a STUD albeit old as **** top 4. Prob the best they've ever fielded if Seabrook takes a step back in the right direction.

Seabrook is the key. If the Hawks are going to do anything, he has to become a near elite defenseman like he's been in the past.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would rather move TVR and play Pokka because by the end of the season I think he will be our best option.

BUT this is the best D core the Hawks have had since the resurgence.

I think Pokka would have more value on trade market and think Hawks would probably want TVR and his experience (A full season of NHL hockey) as partner for Kempny over a rookie breaking in

And 2013 thus far was our best D overall

Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hjalmarsson
Leddy-Rozy

People forget just how good Rozy was for that team ,, Especially in playoffs when Leddy faltered

HawksFan37

Dec 27, 2007
I think Pokka would have more value on trade market and think Hawks would probably want TVR and his experience (A full season of NHL hockey) as partner for Kempny over a rookie breaking in

Not to mention Pokka is eligible for bonuses that would hit next year's cap, whereas TVR is locked in at $825K for the next two seasons.

If Campbell is indeed coming here, I think one of TVR or Pokka could be on the way out for a F.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

And 2013 thus far was our best D overall

Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hjalmarsson
Leddy-Rozy

People forget just how good Rozy was for that team ,, Especially in playoffs when Leddy faltered

I agree he would have more value but we need a replacement for Campbell (if he signs) next year. Pokka is a really solid d man who makes a good 1st pass. TVR has solid value to a team with no d and extra wings (Toronto and Edm)

The wild card here is if Seabrook has a resurgence and they can move him will they? I think they would which means we would need both Pokka, MK, and Forsling to slot into the top 4. This fixes our salary issues.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Strange..but while we have heard lots about how much Toews and Panarin are doing hard conditioning workouts ..we have heard zippy about Stabrook's comittment to getting back in better shape this off season...hope he had not been spending too much time at Tim Horton's eating the doughnuts.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Strange..but while we have heard lots about how much Toews and Panarin are doing hard conditioning workouts ..we have heard zippy about Stabrook's comittment to getting back in better shape this off season...hope he had not been spending too much time at Tim Horton's eating the doughnuts.

Timbits.....

No reports mean nothing.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
That was Seabrook ...not Stabrook..sorry on the typo. ..but if he gives us the "cannot move my feet in the d-zone cause it takes too much effort to MOVE and I do not have the energy cause I'm too heavy and too lazy"...if we get that Seabrook again we are Doomed.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012

That's a shame.
So many better doughnuts out there.

I'm still curious why people are blaming diet and weight ahead of possible injury. I haven't seen one bit of tangible evidence to put one ahead of the other. Blogs taking guesses don't count.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
That's a shame.

I'm still curious why people are blaming diet and weight ahead of possible injury. I haven't seen one bit of tangible evidence to put one ahead of the other. Blogs taking guesses don't count.

BK has been pointing out injury the whole time.
It just doesn't fit everyone else's narrative :shakehead

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
That's a shame.

Because we don't know if he was injured. It's possible. We do know that his face was doughier. There's no way he wasn't 15 pounds heavier than his fighting shape.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
What the hell does Seabrooks fitness have anything to do with signing Campbell?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That's a shame.

It's the easy thing to do.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Was looking on Hockeybuzz, we have 19 players signed with 5,315,706 left in cap space. So 4 players left to sign with that amount of money.

Eric Staal at 1 year/2 million
Brian Campbell at 1 year/1.5 million

We would have 1,815,706 left to spend on 2 players

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Because we don't know if he was injured. It's possible. We do know that his face was doughier. There's no way he wasn't 15 pounds heavier than his fighting shape.

There's no way I'm accepting emphatic assertion as fact.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Was looking on Hockeybuzz, we have 19 players signed with 5,315,706 left in cap space. So 4 players left to sign with that amount of money.

Eric Staal at 1 year/2 million
Brian Campbell at 1 year/1.5 million

We would have 1,815,706 left to spend on 2 players

We have closer to 6mil, not sure where/how they get 5.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad