Camp Set

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
2.3 million for one year only.

We have something like 12 million in cap space, so I think Id do it if I were Poile. But it would mean either Saros or Maz goes to Cincinnati, unless someone claims Hutton, which they won't, and that might be why Poile doesn't do it

As much as I'd like to have a better option than Hutton, if I were making the decision I'm not sure I'd pay someone 2.3 million to sit on the bench either.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
As much as I'd like to have a better option than Hutton, if I were making the decision I'm not sure I'd pay someone 2.3 million to sit on the bench either.

I don't know if 2.3 is all that much by backup standards these days. Khodobin's getting 2.2. Calgary has Hiller and Ramo at 4.5 and 3.8 respectively. He's a free agent after this season aswell. I have all the faith that Rinne is still an elite goaltender, but I don't have the utmost confidence in his health. For a team with aspirations to go deep, I wouldn't have a problem bringing in depth at that position.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd do it, the cap hit is only concern for this season, which isn't a concern. While I don't have a ton of faith in what Scrivens can do, I have even less with Hutton. Would pick him up, waive Hutton and not look back.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
2.3 is not too bad to have a better insurance policy plus have someone you can trust to give Pekka more rest down the stretch to prepare for the playoffs.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
2.3 is not too bad to have a better insurance policy plus have someone you can trust to give Pekka more rest down the stretch to prepare for the playoffs.

I agree but I still dont think Poile does it unless he intends to keep Hutton here as our 23rd player and have a healthy scratch goalie every night. I dont think he would want to mess up either maz or Saros playing time in Milwaukee

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Let him clear, offer them a swap after. Makes the hit more bearable cause we sure aren't gonna' get anyone to take Hutton....

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Let him clear, offer them a swap after. Makes the hit more bearable cause we sure aren't gonna' get anyone to take Hutton....

They would not take Hutton and just what would you send to Edmonton for Scrivens? We have the cap space for him. He is being sent down because Talbot has earned the starting spot over him.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
They would not take Hutton and just what would you send to Edmonton for Scrivens? We have the cap space for him. He is being sent down because Talbot has earned the starting spot over him.

I guess the question would be, is it worth sending Nystrom the other way?

Otherwise, you pick up the guy for free and waive Hut. Either works for me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd take Scrivens over Hutton all day. Plus, if Hutton's bench interviews will be missed, Scrivens has a history of doing notable things there too:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Devane waived. Puts us at 22 23.

Edit: apparently either I miscounted or the Preds are missing someone from the roster page on their site.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad