Post-Game Talk: Cam the Jet Slayer - 2:1 Oilers

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I wonder if Perreault's injured. Noticed Armia took a faceoff when Burmi was thrown out and he's only taken 1 faceoff in the past 5 games and none in the past 3.

Avenger*

The bolded part is ****ing stupid. Quit announcing your affiliation when you post - it matters not one bit to the content of your post.

Jets are down 3 top 6 forwards (Little, Ladd, Ehlers), so that's a lot of scoring gone. No, Dano is not a Ladd replacement.

The problem here is complaining about not having a complete roster to justify the loss while discrediting the other team for having even bigger issues regarding an incomplete roster. Oilers are icing an AHL quality defence because of injuries.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
The problem here is complaining about not having a complete roster to justify the loss while discrediting the other team for having even bigger issues regarding an incomplete roster. Oilers are icing an AHL quality defence because of injuries.*

*bad drafting and free agent signings

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The problem here is complaining about not having a complete roster to justify the loss while discrediting the other team for having even bigger issues regarding an incomplete roster. Oilers are icing an AHL quality defence because of injuries.

... Well, that's too easy.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I would have commented on how their injury woes on D have been going on for 7 years now.

If I were immature enough to bite on something like that. Which I'm not.

I am immature enough to say McDavid sucks because he can't even score on Pavelec.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Scheifele looks good, he's about the only reason I'm paying attention at this point

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I'm ready to move on from him Hamonic or not. I would rather not have Myers on the Jets. I don't think we'll ever win with him.

I think saying we can't win with him is a little bit much. We wouldn't be a good team with him in the top pair. But #3/4 is fine. I think there is a lot of guys in our lineup right now we can't win with them having spots.... I wouldn't get rid of him unless we are fixing an issue. Either replace him for a LHD. Or a proven top 9 winger. Have to be careful. If we deal one of Trouba, Enstrom, Myers who plays top 4. We will never win with Stuart, Chairot, Postma playing top 4. Same goes for Morrissey for at least a couple more years.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Scheifele looks good, he's about the only reason I'm paying attention at this point

Agreed. Him, Wheeler, Perreault, Stafford are the only guys up front producing scoring chances. Armia a bit too I suppose. But Wheeler, Perreault, Stafford seem to have shut it down. Not that they arn't trying, I have liked all of there effort, just overall. Watching those 3, they just look like guys still trying, but vets playing meaningless hockey.

Avenger*

... Well, that's too easy.

Or focus on the subjective reason for the poor defence... Regardless, the Jets still lost to it.

The point being that this was one incomplete team vs another even more incomplete team. What is the real excuse?

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Incredibly messy/boring game.

Scheifele the only one that caught my eye on the Jets in a good way.

Pavelec flopping like a fish as usual.

NEXT
Wow, what are you excepting?
Pavs made a lot of good saves...and really did alright ...though perhaps you like to have him pull a flemish giant from his backside? Pavs ain't the best goalie but call a spade a spade.
I'm all for calling a guy out for playing like crap but this Pavs whipping boy seriously screams of not enough cuddle time from mom.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Or focus on the subjective reason for the poor defence... Regardless, the Jets still lost to it.

The point being that this was one incomplete team vs another even more incomplete team. What is the real excuse?

Eh, I doubt you're going to find many people here that are too upset about losing that game. I'd say the Jets were the better team and win that game 80% of the time, they just didn't today while on a back to back missing some very important players against a team that they're racing to the bottom. That's about as perfect as an outcome as I would have hoped for.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

I generally focus on subjective things when discussing. It makes for a much more interesting discussion than one where I claim that the moon is made out of cheese.

While I do see what you're saying and willingly concede the point that there is no real excuse for losing to the Oilers, I still think my fellow HFJets posters would argue that Little, Ladd and Ehlers is a greater net loss than Klefbom and RNH.

Personally, I don't think one game is particularly telling of the rosters' abilities. Also, I think Talbot is better than Pavelec.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wow, what are you excepting?
Pavs made a lot of good saves...and really did alright ...though perhaps you like to have him pull a flemish giant from his backside? Pavs ain't the best goalie but call a spade a spade.
I'm all for calling a guy out for playing like crap but this Pavs whipping boy seriously screams of not enough cuddle time from mom.

Pav was much better than he was against Montreal. He was lucky in that game and Montreal was really bad. He looked startled by every shot.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Scheifele strings together some really solid games: many are clamoring to sign him for 7+ mil per year.

Myers strings together a couple bad games: we'll never win with that bum on our team.

Yep, sounds about right.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Like someone mentioned before ... it feels like pre-season games.
How many scoring chances did the Jets only to have the wrong handed player unable to shoot ... looks like poor coaching to me.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Oilers-2-Jets-1-300x200.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio and the 3 Stars of the night.

Click here.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Haha. I wasn't even comparing them to excuse the loss, bub. At this point, I'll take every loss the Jets can get. He came in here, waving his dangly bits about for whatever reason, so I told him about our top-6 problems. Every team is dealing with injuries at this point of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad