Post-Game Talk: Cam the Jet Slayer - 2:1 Oilers

Derfel*

Love how Oilers fans in their PGT are all puffy about the win, after getting peppered by a tanking team that just traded its captain and is without two top forwards, playing on the second night of a back-to-back. :laugh:

Talbot >>> Pavs : that is all.

How many first overall Oilers picks does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Not sure - let's wait for them to get another this season and find out!

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd like to see one of the other young guys get a shot with Schiefele-Wheeler while Ehlers is down.

Dano seems like an obvious one, but could make a case for Armia too.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-bench-March-6-2016-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Adam Lowry, Ondrej Pavelec & Mark Scheifele.

To listen click here.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Love how Oilers fans in their PGT are all puffy about the win, after getting peppered by a tanking team that just traded its captain and is without two top forwards, playing on the second night of a back-to-back. :laugh:

Talbot >>> Pavs : that is all.

Oiler fan here mostly in peace. Should point out that we're now down two top 6 forwards and - now - three regular defencemen, two of them top 4. Davidson was having a fantastic year, really sucks for him to go down like that.

Anyway, may the odds be ever in your favour.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Pardy finished tied for second on the Oilers' defence with 22:44 TOI. Really too bad he never cracked the lineup here, especially considering how much he gets paid in comparison to Stuart.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I wasn't there and I was bored out of my mind for the most part. To fight traffic, pay for parking and the game is more than I could handle. Not even Bobby Myorrs could make it exciting. Only 2 Jets to watch with interest were Buff and Fefe.
Build from there for 2017-18.

Derfel*

Oiler fan here mostly in peace. Should point out that we're now down two top 6 forwards and - now - three regular defencemen, two of them top 4. Davidson was having a fantastic year, really sucks for him to go down like that.

Good for you.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Just two tanking teams playing out the string. Oil has a better goalie, because Jets are burying their best in the minors down the stretch. 85 shots by the Jets in the past 2 games, and 0-2. Great for the tank, and kinda funny.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Just two tanking teams playing out the string. Oil has a better goalie, because Jets are burying their best in the minors down the stretch. 85 shots by the Jets in the past 2 games, and 0-2. Great for the tank, and kinda funny.

Coming out of Rexal today at City Place I ran into Chipman and Daly. Daly looked at me right in the eye, even though Chipman was talking to him, and I could tell the lottery is rigged. True story.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Outside of two players there was no offensive creativity. Lots of easy saves for Talbot.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

The bolded part is ****ing stupid. Quit announcing your affiliation when you post - it matters not one bit to the content of your post.

Jets are down 3 top 6 forwards (Little, Ladd, Ehlers), so that's a lot of scoring gone. No, Dano is not a Ladd replacement.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Random fun fact: in their respective careers with the Jets so far, Trouba has 67 points in 194 games and Bogosian has 68 points in 194 games.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Went to the game with the wife and we always have fun however tonight was like the day after the party vibe so we split after the second period to beat the rush so I could get home earlier.

Preseason type game.

McDavid is as advertised.

Pavs was one of the better Jets

Ehlers being injured really sucks and makes it allot more boring.

Morrissey not being in the line up kind of BK'd the evening as well.

All in all she was a snooze fest .

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
boring game, did some of you even watch it? just lol

jets dominated but was pretty back and forth, very wide open.

all 4 lines creating opportunities, just got outmatched by talbot. scheifs was dangerous every time he touched the puck. good games from everyone out there. myers played awesome, totally redeemed himself from last game. trouba looked like a horse out there. buff was a force as per usual

and burmi was trying things in the o zone which was nice, he did some good things. liking his confidence moving up the lineup

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Went to the game with the wife and we always have fun however tonight was like the day after the party vibe so we split after the second period to beat the rush so I could get home earlier.

Preseason type game.

McDavid is as advertised.

Pavs was one of the better Jets

Ehlers being injured really sucks and makes it allot more boring.

Morrissey not being in the line up kind of BK'd the evening as well.

All in all she was a snooze fest .

Good job Whilee! ;)

Feel for Armia being stuck with Burmi, hope Burmi's NHL career ends on April, 9, 2016 guy is not an NHL player and never will be!

Schief one of the few Jets trying, oh they did all try in the final 3 minutes!:shakehead

Copp has looked good since his benching!:handclap:

Pavs actually good once he woke up after the first goal he allowed.

Nice to see Stafford, Wheeler, Perreault and a few other vets already resting up for next season!:sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Myers kills a lot of promising offense. His passing skills are so far below his puck carrying skills. He's becoming a frustrating player to watch. I think he's extremely over rated. No wonder Snow won't take him for Hamonic.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Myers kills a lot of promising offense. His passing skills are so far below his puck carrying skills. He's becoming a frustrating player to watch. I think he's extremely over rated. No wonder Snow won't take him for Hamonic.

lol myers is so much better than hamonic its not even funny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad