Post-Game Talk: Cam the Jet Slayer - 2:1 Oilers

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I know you guys hate outsiders. Oiler fan here in good faith.

Game 3 pre-game vs. the Ducks last year gave me chills. I was ready to run through a ****ing wall when Grapes started talking.

Davidson is literally a phoenix from the ashes. He's a huge loss for us.

But objectively, that was a hockey play. Big Buff is 260 LBs driving to the net hard at full speed. He did nothing wrong, when you watch it at full speed he's driving to the net for a goal.

Byfuglien is simply a beast, definitely nothing wrong on the play imo. The reality is you have a 260 LB man built like an NFL linebacker driving to the net at high speed. Collisions are bound to happen.

I'll take Big Buff on my team any day. Oh yeah, Scheifele is a damn good hockey player.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I know you guys hate outsiders. Oiler fan here in good faith.

Game 3 pre-game vs. the Ducks last year gave me chills. I was ready to run through a ****ing wall when Grapes started talking.

Davidson is literally a phoenix from the ashes. He's a huge loss for us.

But objectively, that was a hockey play. Big Buff is 260 LBs driving to the net hard at full speed. He did nothing wrong, when you watch it at full speed he's driving to the net for a goal.

Byfuglien is simply a beast, definitely nothing wrong on the play imo. The reality is you have a 260 LB man built like an NFL linebacker driving to the net at high speed. Collisions are bound to happen.

I'll take Big Buff on my team any day. Oh yeah, Scheifele is a damn good hockey player.

Thanks for recoginizing reality. But thats what drives us Jets fans NUTS: He does use his size and strength, does nothing wrong at all and just drives the net because he can and it leads to a penalty for him :laugh: For high sticking :laugh: It was obvious the ref just looked for any reason to give him two minutes for driving the net hard as a tank and colliding with another player who turned out injured.

It's only against Winnipeg where you'll see this happen and result in a PK for the Jets. But when Stralman runs around, kneeing players without the puck and crunching them in vulnerable positions, breaking their neck, it's a "good hockey play".

#JustJetsandNHLthings

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks for recoginizing reality. But thats what drives us Jets fans NUTS: He does use his size and strength, does nothing wrong at all and just drives the net because he can and it leads to a penalty for him :laugh: For high sticking :laugh: It was obvious the ref just looked for any reason to give him two minutes for driving the net hard as a tank and colliding with another player who turned out injured.

It's only against Winnipeg where you'll see this happen and result in a PK for the Jets. But when Stralman runs around, kneeing players without the puck and crunching them in vulnerable positions, breaking their neck, it's a "good hockey play".

#JustJetsandNHLthings

Western Canadian toughness.

No further disciplinary action should come from this. It was a high speed collision, it happens in our game. Someone from the Oilers should of fought Buff (but let's be real, who wants to drop them with Buff?).

You'll hear no objections from me for Buff's net drive. The man is trying to make a play, injuring Davidson's knee was the last thing on his mind, he's trying to score. The upset comes from how good Davidson is (objectively, he's a good hockey player).

What happened wasn't Buff's fault though. A man of his size and strength driving to the net, **** happens. That's reality. You want to step in front of Buff, good luck :). He's a unique specimen to the NHL and I love the way he plays.

You guys are so lucky to have Buff. Great signing, any true hockey fan would take him on their D in a heartbeat.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
To visiting Oiler fans: "I come in peace" doesn't excuse trolling. You WILL receive an infraction if you engage in that pastime in this PGT. Fair warning.

For those who are being civil - welcome.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
To visiting Oiler fans: "I come in peace" doesn't excuse trolling. You WILL receive an infraction if you engage in that pastime in this PGT. Fair warning.

For those who are being civil - welcome.

I just want them (see: all HF posters) to stop with the 'xxx fan, coming in peace' crap. It's a meaningless phrase in every context. "Oh, he said that phrase! That means he's not here to crow about his win or talk trash about our team!" It's stupid. Your post will determine whether you're here in peace or not, not whether you put that prefix in or not.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I just want them (see: all HF posters) to stop with the 'xxx fan, coming in peace' crap. It's a meaningless phrase in every context. "Oh, he said that phrase! That means he's not here to crow about his win or talk trash about our team!" It's stupid. Your post will determine whether you're here in peace or not, not whether you put that prefix in or not.

Yep. It's a bit like saying "No offense, but ..."

If you didn't intend offense, then your statement will reflect and demonstrate that.

204*

agreed its a forum not frickin united nations! lol :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We played Edmonton 3 times. We scored 3 goals (how did we win one). We outshot them 118-74. Their goaltenders played .975 against us.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Looking at the Jets roster and seeing them play, I have to wonder how they are not a top ten team this year. It baffles me...

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Looking at the Jets roster and seeing them play, I have to wonder how they are not a top ten team this year. It baffles me...

Goaltending and special teams are things that popular "advanced stats" don't account for. If you're watching a game and thinking a team should be winning but isn't, it's usually those two things that are working against them. The Jets have been losing on those two for years.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Goaltending and special teams are things that popular "advanced stats" don't account for. If you're watching a game and thinking a team should be winning but isn't, it's usually those two things that are working against them. The Jets have been losing on those two for years.
You are completely right , i've said it before and i'll say it again , get rid of Vincent and our minor league goalie coach Flarety and we might actually win more games . I would love to see Hawerchuk get Vincent's job .

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

two words: coaching and goaltending and in that order!

PS there is a big divide between; players love to play for him and he is a good coach, sooner or later more will come to understand.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
maybe it's the video guy, maybe his editing skills are lacking.

See if I was the video guy I'd like add a sad trombone to the audio track when a goal is scored against the penalty kill or a laugh track to a failed powerplay, or mix in some inspirational hidden messages, special effects, computer animation, some of Garret's graph, etc.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Wow hfjets is not friendly to visitors. *laugh*

7.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm ready to move on from him Hamonic or not. I would rather not have Myers on the Jets. I don't think we'll ever win with him.

Pretty negative! He's not nearly that bad. I could see it if he was our top RHD but he is 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad