Cam Talbot on goalie interference.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
Probably a combination of the no-goal, and that he was interfered with here, but to arguably less of an effect.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any video of the play hes referring to?
Both goals in the Arizona game. The one that counted, where Dvorak ends up lying on top of him and the one called back, where Maroon brushes into Raanta, who makes no effort to make the save.

I prefer not to be that kind of fan considering every team gets bad calls, but we get all of them--all the bad calls. We haven't won a challenge all year and have seen countless non-calls (hooking, tripping, holding, interference) on Connor McDavid specifically. They're a bad team this year, but they've got a ref bias to work against as well.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Probably a combination of the no-goal, and that he was interfered with here, but to arguably less of an effect.

The refs got both of these calls absolutely right so I really don't know what Talbot is complaining about.

Maroon literally skates into Raanta's blocker side preventing him from fully raising his arm up, and in the second one an Oilers player pushes Dvorak into Talbot, OUTSIDE the crease, AFTER the puck is already heading into the net.

I really don't see how you can complain about either calls, other than jumping on the "goalie interference is a meme" bandwagon (which it is, tbf).

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Pretty clearly not goalie interference on the Arizona goal that counted, and pretty clearly goalie interference on the disallowed Edmonton goal. I think it's the right call in each instance.

Talbot is just whining and frustrated because his team is so terrible they just got shutout by the Coyotes.

Just remove the ludicrous coaches challenge completely and this issue goes away.

Reactions: Heldig

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
What this thread should be about: A discussion around terrible officiating, confusing and/or inconsistent rules, and a glaring bias for a certain team as it relates to when and how they're applied.

What this thread will be about: Bashing the Oilers, Oilers suck, Talbot is terrible, Talbot sucks make a save, etc. and other original posts along those lines.

Last edited:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The refs got both of these calls absolutely right so I really don't know what Talbot is complaining about.

Maroon literally skates into Raanta's blocker side preventing him from fully raising his arm up, and in the second one an Oilers player pushes Dvorak into Talbot, OUTSIDE the crease, AFTER the puck is already heading into the net.

I really don't see how you can complain about either calls, other than jumping on the "goalie interference is a meme" bandwagon (which it is, tbf).
Its not even the calls today, its more the way the season has been going for the Oilers and what happened last year to us in the playoffs. We have had 15 consecutive goal reviews go against us. Its not just this game that set him off.

Reactions: Kid Dynamite

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Its not even the calls today, its more the way the season has been going for the Oilers and what happened last year to us in the playoffs. We have had 15 consecutive goal reviews go against us. Its not just this game that set him off.
That's completely fair, it just would have made more sense to everyone else (or at least to me) to have this kind of outburst after a call that is so obviously wrong than two that most everyone would agree the refs got right.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
What this thread should be about: A discussion about terrible officiating, confusing and/or inconsistent rules, and a glaring bias for a certain team as relates to when and how they're applied.

What this thread will be about: Bashing the Oilers, Oilers suck, Talbot is terrible, Talbot sucks make a save, etc. and other original posts along those lines.
I don't remember the officiating in NHL games being this terrible, it was never really ever stellar, but it was adequate enough. Not anymore, I have no faith in them calling a game and here is one thing the league needs not to underestimate - the fans willingness to put up with it.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I get that I have a biased point of view (as a Coyotes fan)...

The first goal the puck was already past Talbot, Dvorak deflects it THEN contact is made outside the crease

The second goal Raanta is bumped into before he tries to make the save IN the crease.

Both calls were the right call to me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad