Injury Report: Cam Talbot listed as "day to day"

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
probably happened in practice. Quick too a shot off the collar bone but they say he's fine. Still could have an uncomfortable bruise but nothing to stop him from playing.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nah, this guy makes even ME look like a genius.

Dude, change your screen name. It makes you look ridiculous. I can't take someone seriously whose #1 thing about the Rangers while they are in the Stanley Cup Finals is to fire the GM who assembled this team from scratch. I don't care about 2001. I don't even care about 2006. I care that the team he assembled is 4 wins away from a parade from having a parade under my office windows.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Dude, change your screen name. It makes you look ridiculous. I can't take someone seriously whose #1 thing about the Rangers while they are in the Stanley Cup Finals is to fire the GM who assembled this team from scratch. I don't care about 2001. I don't even care about 2006. I care that the team he assembled is 4 wins away from a parade from having a parade under my office windows.

Meh, its been my name since I changed from nYr LuNdMaRk 26 (lol) in 2003. I haven't had a problem with Sather since the team has been a regular playoff team since the '05 lockout after my first 7 years as a fan saw no playoff games.

I've defended him on here many times since and truthfully haven't wanted him fired for awhile. You won't see me in that other thread where people can't get over 2000-2004 like you said. Really I've grown to like him. Hell, you can even say hes been one of the better GMs in the league since 2005.

I just never wanted to change my name. Just the type of person that hates change, I guess. Its been 11+ years with this name.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
Yeah.. this is like a total nonissue.

Honestly, we could have no backup goalie and just forfeit if hank needs to be pulled and it'd be the same thing.

The odds of winning a game after your starter is pulled (for performance reasons) is so low it's not even worth considering.

If we're going to get 4 wins it's going to be hank's names on those wins.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I think the NYR should call up Jason Missiaen and Scott Stajcer and dress both tonight, like this, all three of Hank, T-Bot and LeNeVeu can rest up for games 8 and 9 of this 7 game series lol

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers put Talbot in game 5 because 1. Henrik didn't have it that night and 2. to see if they could get the attention of the rest of the team which didn't have it either and it did change the momentum of the game--for a while.

It's a matter of having faith in your starting goalie and respect for your opponent in that if you give games away by playing your backup those games and your team might not ever come back. Bruce Boudreau when he was coaching the Caps could never make up his mind between Theodore, Varlamov, Neuwirth and Holtby in the playoffs and his team never went anywhere and we watched the same crap from him again this year--when he basically threw Hiller under the bus and gave the starts to John Gibson who may be a future elite goalie but had very little pro experience. It didn't work out. Now there's all the what if's for Ducks fans to think about over the summer.

You put your best team out night after night. We've seen teams come back from 3-0--the Kings and 3-1--the Rangers to win a series. Chicago almost did that to the Kings and IMO Crawford is not a great goalie but he is the best they have.

Bernmeister's ideas are more like **** being flung at a wall to see what sticks. IMO--he'd be worst than Milbury or Esposito as a GM. Stanley Cup finals you don't **** around experimenting--you go with the guys who got you there.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Bernmeister's ideas are more like **** being flung at a wall to see what sticks. IMO--he'd be worst than Milbury or Esposito as a GM. Stanley Cup finals you don't **** around experimenting--you go with the guys who got you there.

I'm very close to putting him on my ignore list. his posts are an absolute joke.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's not the 7 in 25.
It's the cumulative effect of playing so much of the season.

Would have had Talbot do another 10 or so games.
More importantly, just one more to give Hank rest during the playoff push.

be that as it may, the die is cast, it is what it is

bold = your opinion.
You're pushing it, I'm being nice for now, no retort.

Except to say I would rather have an open mind that walks the fine line between genius and insanity than a closed one, likely full of hate, waiting to spew venom.

Watch it, I give as good as I get.

You are so ridiculous. I'm so frightened of you "giving as good as you get" :shakehead:

Your mind crossed the line between genius and insanity long ago. Why continue your hysterical and outlandish drivel?

Bern, seriously you sound like a patient of a mental hospital... Fine line between Genius and Insanity? The fact that you're making that self assessment indicates you should probably go get checked out... just saying. Secondly why so stereotypical with the quiet person? Not every one of them are *this close* to exploding on the next person they come across.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If Lundqvist is tired from the cumulative effect of the season, one game rest won't do much.

On the other hand, if one game off would help him, then he should certainly be well rested from playing only 7 games in the last 25 days, with 6 days off directly before the SCF.

Honestly, I would've given The Bot 2-3 more starts during the season, but you don't run your backup, particularly a rookie in the playoffs.

That said, I hope next year T-Bone starts 25 regular season games and Lundqvist 57 to keep him nice and fresh.

AHB*

Meh, its been my name since I changed from nYr LuNdMaRk 26 (lol) in 2003. I haven't had a problem with Sather since the team has been a regular playoff team since the '05 lockout after my first 7 years as a fan saw no playoff games.

I've defended him on here many times since and truthfully haven't wanted him fired for awhile. You won't see me in that other thread where people can't get over 2000-2004 like you said. Really I've grown to like him. Hell, you can even say hes been one of the better GMs in the league since 2005.

I just never wanted to change my name. Just the type of person that hates change, I guess. Its been 11+ years with this name.

We are four games from the cup. You better not change your name. That's insane superstition wise. Do not do it.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
If Lundqvist is tired from the cumulative effect of the season, one game rest won't do much.

On the other hand, if one game off would help him, then he should certainly be well rested from playing only 7 games in the last 25 days, with 6 days off directly before the SCF.

Honestly, I would've given The Bot 2-3 more starts during the season, but you don't run your backup, particularly a rookie in the playoffs.

That said, I hope next year T-Bone starts 25 regular season games and Lundqvist 57 to keep him nice and fresh.

Only way talbot gets that many games is if we have a playoff spot locked up early.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It's too bad, but I really don't think it's a big deal. If Lundqvist can't play, the series is over--whether Talbot is healthy or not.

T-Bone was great during the regular season. I would think that the team would have enough confidence in him to work hard. He is better than Tokarski who did a good job keeping his team in that series.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
T-Bone was great during the regular season. I would think that the team would have enough confidence in him to work hard. He is better than Tokarski who did a good job keeping his team in that series.

I've been very happy with Talbot's play as the backup this year and I'm thrilled that he's signed for next year, but when was the last time Talbot started a game? And how much experience does he have in the playoffs, at any level? Tokarski had been playing regularly in the AHL and had significant experience in big games as he worked his way toward the NHL.

Even if Talbot was completely healthy, I think it's more likely he'd be completely overwhelmed with starting in the finals. The Rangers have already lost a game, there's really not much room left, even with one of the best goaltenders in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad