Injury Report: Cam Talbot listed as "day to day"

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You do not rest your #1 in the playoffs, especially if he is arguably the #1 goalie on the planet. Benching Hank for a game is not just stupid, it's patently stupid.

You can say that all you want.
But if he is too exhausted to deliver that is a factual change.
Whether you want to hear it or not.

However, as indicated, while there is some risk of exhaustion particularly if there is a longer series, we have lucked out because due to timing, it will seem and feel like Quick has played 3 more games just prior to the Finals.

We should be good, but lack of Talbot would concern me.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

However, as indicated, while there is some risk of exhaustion particularly if there is a longer series, we have lucked out because due to timing, it will seem and feel like Quick has played 3 more games just prior to the Finals.

Me too.

But only for fear of what happens if Hank gets injured.

...not whatever typically wild scheme is in your head involving resting Lundqvist.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Has there been any more news on this?

Or on anyone for that matter? Like stepan still playing with 2 face "masks" and miller's groin concussion?

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
You don't sit Hank in this series, unless a particular game is a blowout for LA. There are no scheduled back-to-backs. Hank is not exhausted. His last game against the Habs was one of the easiest games for him, and he just had 5 days off. Where is this 'exhaustion' coming from? Signing autographs while surfing? No offense, but sitting him would be absurd.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The only reason to not start Henrik in any game is if he is injured and cannot go. Hopefully Talbot will be fine just in case. He is a very good backup goalie. You don't play your backup in the playoffs except out of necessity.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Rangers played 6 games in the last 22 days. It will be 7 games in 25 days by Friday. Plus Lundqvist skipped half a game against Montreal when he was pulled.

It is some of the physically easiest stretches of his career. I think a bigger concern is that he or the team is rusty. But they should be as fresh as unpicked apples right now.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
So, no Talbot at practice today... LeNeVeu backing up tomorrow? How sweet would that be, having "played" a game and if (when :) ) the NYR win, he'll have his name on the cup haha

AHB*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH.

Are you seriously advocating resting Hank? He just had six days off. That's like a year of time off at this point in the season.

If he's not rested now, we should forfeit the cup.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You don't sit Hank in this series, unless a particular game is a blowout for LA. There are no scheduled back-to-backs. Hank is not exhausted. His last game against the Habs was one of the easiest games for him, and he just had 5 days off. Where is this 'exhaustion' coming from? Signing autographs while surfing? No offense, but sitting him would be absurd.

It comes from Bern's warped and delusional mind. I have a feeling its so he can offer "ZOMG!11one Talbot for 3 1sts, he's just as good as Lundqvist and playoff proven!". :shakehead

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Rangers played 6 games in the last 22 days. It will be 7 games in 25 days by Friday. Plus Lundqvist skipped half a game against Montreal when he was pulled.

It is some of the physically easiest stretches of his career. I think a bigger concern is that he or the team is rusty. But they should be as fresh as unpicked apples right now.

It's not the 7 in 25.
It's the cumulative effect of playing so much of the season.

Would have had Talbot do another 10 or so games.
More importantly, just one more to give Hank rest during the playoff push.

be that as it may, the die is cast, it is what it is

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It comes from Bern's warped and delusional mind. I have a feeling its so he can offer "ZOMG!11one Talbot for 3 1sts, he's just as good as Lundqvist and playoff proven!". :shakehead

bold = your opinion.
You're pushing it, I'm being nice for now, no retort.

Except to say I would rather have an open mind that walks the fine line between genius and insanity than a closed one, likely full of hate, waiting to spew venom.

Watch it, I give as good as I get.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
News flash.Every goalie that was in the playoffs played the entire season. IIRC quick has not even been pulled this year in the playoffs despite allowing like 20 goals against the sharks in the first 3 games. that means he's played 21 games already without being pulled. Do you think the kings are going to start their backup? Please.

LGRDunDunDunDunDa

Mar 17, 2011
Not Start Lundqvist...
this thread is becoming so laughable it should be closed.
Mods give a warning shot or I'll start talking about Doug Soetaert!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hank played 61 games this season; That is not a heavy workload for a starter of his calibre. They should all be fresh.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
bold = your opinion.
You're pushing it, I'm being nice for now, no retort.

Except to say I would rather have an open mind that walks the fine line between genius and insanity than a closed one, likely full of hate, waiting to spew venom.

Watch it, I give as good as I get.

You are so ridiculous. I'm so frightened of you "giving as good as you get" :shakehead:

Your mind crossed the line between genius and insanity long ago. Why continue your hysterical and outlandish drivel?

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Having watched the interviews just after game 6, Hank was basically gushing about getting to the finals after having the "wait" 9 whole years. You could take out one of his legs with a shotgun for the next (up to 7) few games and he wont come out of that net. He owns it, he wont be pulled, even in a blowout i think AV lets him play through it.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Just because you say absurd things and call it a opinion doesn't mean it isn't downright idiotic.

You can say anything and hide behind "its my opinion" but just like almost every trade you propose, its downright absurd and really shouldn't even be respected as a rational thought, to be totally honest.

There is no "agree to disagree" here. Its just absolutely ridiculous to "rest" Hank in any playoff game ever.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Just because you say absurd things and call it a opinion doesn't mean it isn't downright idiotic.

You can say anything and hide behind "its my opinion" but just like almost every trade you propose, its downright absurd and really shouldn't even be respected as a rational thought, to be totally honest.

There is no "agree to disagree" here. Its just absolutely ridiculous to "rest" Hank in any playoff game ever.

Sounds like half of your posts.

all against boss, pile on boss.

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011

Agreed! MicDunah is probs tired too. I would consider sitting him for a game or two. Not the same one as Hank, now that would be ridiculous.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
News flash.Every goalie that was in the playoffs played the entire season. IIRC quick has not even been pulled this year in the playoffs despite allowing like 20 goals against the sharks in the first 3 games. that means he's played 21 games already without being pulled. Do you think the kings are going to start their backup? Please.

Actually Martin Jones (the Kings backup) has made two relief appearances in this year's playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad