Injury Report: Cam Talbot listed as "day to day"

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
dear god... i wonder what the injury is... could he have incurred it in the MTL game or more likely its a tweak from practicing?

Wolfy*

Cam had too much to drink during the celebration party and fell down the stairs ;)

Seriously, he was fine after game 6. Something probably happened outside the rink, I understand they've had a few days off.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I prayed for some further Divine Intervention so I would not have to elaborate on why a non-exhausted Hank is better for us than one exhausted, not only by recent workload but by cumulative load of year + playoffs.

While it appears Divine Intervention is having fun with me and my detractors as to Talbot, at least Quick has had to play 3 more games, 2 w/OT, 1 of which was a double OT. Hopefully Quick will not be quick but instead sluggish for the 1st game, at least, and we will pounce on that.

Reserve in case of injury, though.....
hope Cam is back.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I prayed for some further Divine Intervention so I would not have to elaborate on why a non-exhausted Hank is better for us than one exhausted, not only by recent workload but by cumulative load of year + playoffs.

While it appears Divine Intervention is having fun with me and my detractors as to Talbot, at least Quick has had to play 3 more games, 2 w/OT, 1 of which was a double OT. Hopefully Quick will not be quick but instead sluggish for the 1st game, at least, and we will pounce on that.

hope Cam is back.

Quick has played 1237 minutes in the playoffs. Lundqvist has played 1150. The difference is basically a game and a half.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

hope Cam is back.

You do not rest your #1 in the playoffs, especially if he is arguably the #1 goalie on the planet. Benching Hank for a game is not just stupid, it's patently stupid.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You do not rest your #1 in the playoffs, especially if he is arguably the #1 goalie on the planet. Benching Hank for a game is not just stupid, it's patently stupid.

Particularly when your #1 goaltender is unarguably your biggest asset.

GregNYR19

agitator
Oct 26, 2007
Fair Lawn, NJ
twitter.com
i believe every player on the team should wear a bumper ball until the finals start when they're doing anything non-hockey related. heres an example if you haven't seen them. you can run into walls or get hit by cars

2012-09-10-02-07-01-S-Bumper-ball2-1.jpg

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Quick has played 1237 minutes in the playoffs. Lundqvist has played 1150. The difference is basically a game and a half.

You are correct, but I was not wrong. I just said it poorly.
I meant 3 more games than he otherwise would have had to play if LA made quick work of LA after 3-1 lead.

Instead of 1 game, needed 3 full games to close the deal.
Hank got rest during much of that period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad