Calling out Ovi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
Ovie is hardly ever the problem, it's our secondary scoring that fails us which in turn puts a focus on Ovie when it isn't warranted. For the capitals to raise the cup, they need a Conn Smythe candidate not named Ovechkin or at least in the running with him.

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
Big series upcoming, will see how he performs

"
Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin has 26 points (12 goals, 14 assists) in 20 career playoff games against the Penguins, including two goals and five points in 2017.
Penguins center Sidney Crosby has 22 points (10 goals, 12 assists) in 19 playoff games against the Capitals, including two goals and five assists last season.
"
Capitals will play Penguins in Eastern Conference Second Round

Reactions: tacogeoff

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
Great playoff numbers but never really when they mattered (up until tonight those are the two biggest .goals of his career.

For example when the Caps were up 3-2 in 2013 and got shutout b2b in Games 6 and 7.

And then the famous "all series baby" in Game 1 of 2015 and then proceeded to score 1 goal the rest of the series. With the Caps up 3-1 and losing Games 5-7

He had also a goal in Game 2.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Ovie is most definitely a large 9.5m part of the problem with the Caps in the past. He doesn't contribute anything other than some big hits, if he's not scoring goals

but I'm very very happy that he's finally scoring goals in crucial moments such as today. Very giddy

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
I understand illpucks’ being down on the Caps playoff history... but I never did think Ovechkin was the problem or even a major part of it. Just never the right team to get past round 2 since he’s been here— an unfortunate coincidence. He’s one of the best goal scorers in history and you can’t the history of playoff failures on a single player like people do.

Reactions: Tmu84

malkins

Mar 28, 2008
Alpha Centauri
That's how some "bright dudes" go about "Calling out Ovi":
IMG_6639.jpg

Reactions: gtrower

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ovie is most definitely a large 9.5m part of the problem with the Caps in the past. He doesn't contribute anything other than some big hits, if he's not scoring goals

but I'm very very happy that he's finally scoring goals in crucial moments such as today. Very giddy

Ovechkin is top 5 in PPG in the playoffs and #2 in GPG for players with over 50 playoff games played since 2005.

You are wildly wrong.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Ovechkin is top 5 in PPG in the playoffs and #2 in GPG for players over 50 games since 2005.

You are wildly wrong.

you say top 5 ppg but don't mention how

98a9a7e179775076c9e319ade6cd230d.png

he has been ppg only once in the last 4 post-season appearance. 2015-16, which was also the year in which I had the biggest gripe with him.

I'm not a caps fan but because I put $ in the off-season on them to win the cup (before people thought a presidents trophy was possible), I was invested in watching their playoff games

Wingers that had better post-season appearance but without the cup wins: Benn, Pavelski, Kucherov

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Ovie is hardly ever the problem, it's our secondary scoring that fails us which in turn puts a focus on Ovie when it isn't warranted. For the capitals to raise the cup, they need a Conn Smythe candidate not named Ovechkin or at least in the running with him.
Last year goaltending was a big problem for us. That is the difference between last year and this year, so far. Our goaltending has been much steadier.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I don't want to get into semantics but your best player should be playing like he's a top 3 player amongst both teams. He carries a 9.5m cap hit to be one. We've seen Thornton, Burns and Pavelski do it the year the Sharks made it to the finals. Can you say with a straight face that Ovechkin was better than Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Murray/Guentzel/Dumoulin/Oshie in the last 2 Pittsburgh series?

That being said, it's really good to see him do what he should be doing right now (knock on wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad