GDT: Calgary @ Ottawa, Wednesday on SportsNet @ 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
Haha I wasn't saying that...

Was just pointing out a difference between the now team and the Cinderella team.

I do think though that having someone else in Neil's spot would allow us to roll our 4th line for more than 7-8 mins a night, and that that would be a good thing.

Ouch.

I think Chiasson is more of a probleme (Yesterday he was okay) . Neil as been alright not good but not terrible

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Neil playing 7-8 minutes every night against the opposition's worst line probably has a 1% correlation to the final score.

Saying Chris Neil is a major part of why we are not good is like saying a faulty hinge on a glove box was a major part of a car crash.

Gave me a laugh, ty. :)

IMO the team played it worst game of the season and it really is hard to understand what is wrong.

While I think Neil serves little purpose now, the fact is the top end players are just not competing.

There is no question the D needs to improve, but the forwards were atrocious in the D-zone last night.

After 3 days of practice they played an uninspired game, lacked compete, couldn't make a 10 foot pass and generally just look awful.

Not sure what is wrong with this group, but it is starting to look like Murray needs to shake up the team with a trade.

Last edited:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I think Chiasson is more of a probleme. Neil as been alright not good but not terrible

Evaluating or analyzing the performance of 3rd and 4th line players after a game like last night is really ignoring what is wrong, no?

Fact is the bottom six accounted for 11 of the 23 Senators shots and 2 goals, so why the focus on any of those six?

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think Chiasson is more of a probleme (Yesterday he was okay) . Neil as been alright not good but not terrible

I don't like Chiasson either. He is my second least favourite guy on the team behind Weir. But he didn't just play ok yesterday. He played great, easily his best of the season. He made a few good plays from behind the net, made some calculated risks, played smart, and looked engaged.

I still don't like him, but he deserves praise for this game.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I don't like Chiasson either. He is my second least favourite guy on the team behind Weir. But he didn't just play ok yesterday. He played great, easily his best of the season. He made a few good plays from behind the net, made some calculated risks, played smart, and looked engaged.

Agreed

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

He made a few nifty moves in close as well, and used his frame to make some space.

He would be a very serviceable third liner if he could consistently play like he did last night.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Anymore on this? Missed the game for my own hockey last night and keep hearing about it....any .gif around or perhaps a quick recap?
the ref got caught puck watching. reacted to the result of Ryan running over Hiller, when in fact, it was obvious that Ryan had been pushed into the goalie after trying to get to a loose puck

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

He also had a few impressive backchecks.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The fact that we could score 4 goals (5 if you include the shootout win) without guys like Hoffman, MacArthur and to a certain extent, Lazar, keeps on evidencing that offense isn't the problem here.

We have enough depth to be able to package some of it to a team looking for some O, to get a good D.

Before Christmas would be nice.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The fact that we could score 4 goals (5 if you include the shootout win) without guys like Hoffman, MacArthur and to a certain extent, Lazar, keeps on evidencing that offense isn't the problem here.

Yes and no. I think the pieces are there for a good offense, but it has to be utilized correctly. The lines have been pretty bad so far this year, and we just went through 5 periods where we scored 2 goals. I believe it was directly related to player deployment.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yes and no. I think the pieces are there for a good offense, but it has to be utilized correctly. The lines have been pretty bad so far this year, and we just went through 5 periods where we scored 2 goals. I believe it was directly related to player deployment.

And all the goals came when Cameron finally relented and put Bobby with Turris and Stone. It sparked the team.

So of course he resets the lines to what it was for the Detroit game.

Maclean was stupidly stubborn in how he switched lines too quickly if they didn't work.

Cameron seems stupidly stubborn in admitting his lines DON'T WORK.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
And all the goals came when Cameron finally relented and put Bobby with Turris and Stone. It sparked the team.

So of course he resets the lines to what it was for the Detroit game.

Maclean was stupidly stubborn in how he switched lines too quickly if they didn't work.

Cameron seems stupidly stubborn in admitting his lines DON'T WORK.

Yip. Which makes it pretty frustrating, especially since it's pretty obvious that Zib and Ryan, if played together, need a play maker for example. Yet he sticks Puempel in there. Maddening really. Isn't it the definition of madness? Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
These Ford ads are really annoying

I don't come on this site with my phone anymore as it's become unbearable having a pop up every single time you switch pages. Can't zoom in on it either, so the x is crazy small and you end up clicking the ad and it going to that site. :laugh:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I don't come on this site with my phone anymore as it's become unbearable having a pop up every single time you switch pages. Can't zoom in on it either, so the x is crazy small and you end up clicking the ad and it going to that site. :laugh:

Yea that happens to me too but I have a Note 5 with the S Pen so its not too bad :naughty:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I wasn't able to watch the game but listened to it on TSN 1200 and also looked at the highlights after the game and I have to say the plays he made we're really good and looked a lot more like what was expected of him when he first got to Ottawa. Just like you, he's my 2nd least favourite player on the team after Wiercioch and I'm really happy to see him have a good game atleast. The bottom 6 has been fine so far this season.

Without factoring Lazar, MacArthur, Prince, Puempel (who have either not scored or played both top 6 and bottom 6 - Lazar has the only goal here)

So far this season, the bottom 6 ( Michalek, Pageau, Smith, Neil, Chiasson) have scored 9 goals.

On the other hand the top 6 ( Ryan, Zibanejad, Turris, Stone, Hoffman) have scored 14 goals. (One was an empty netter which I didn't count)

We've had very good support from the bottom 6 so far.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Agreed, I payed for a star just to get rid of the constant ads, its supposed to be one of the perks, why am I still getting these?

This site is unusable on mobile.

Yea that happens to me too but I have a Note 5 with the S Pen so its not too bad :naughty:

Hey guys, here is a link to the Support forum where you can note these kinds of things and an admin will help you out:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad