GDT: Calgary @ Ottawa, Wednesday on SportsNet @ 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Any guess to what are lines are going to be?

Ryan-Turris-Stone
Prince-Zibanejad-Michalek
McCormick-Pageau-Chiasson
Puempel-Smith-Neil

My guess is that one of Puempel/Prince will be on the 2nd and the other will be on the 4th.

BigBush*

Ryan-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Smith-Neil

My guess is that one of Puempel/Prince will be on the 2nd and the other will be on the 4th.

that'd be my guess. I am praying Methot is back

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Ryan-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Smith-Neil

I'm pretty sure Prince will stay where he is. Also play less minutes than Puempel and McCormick.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Crazy thay we have all of Prince, Puempel and McCormick in the lineup this early in the year. Damn injuries.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
parks-and-recreation-season-3-20110601115417253.gif

STOP . . . . LOSING.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Ryan-Turris-Stone
Puempel-Smith-Neil

Based on where Prince and McCormick played last game.
Puempel-Zibanejad-Michalek
Prince-Smith- Neil

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Really happy we're going to see more of Prince, Puempel and McCormick.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
After Chabot's preseason with the Sens, I'm confident saying he's better than Weircioch and would be better on the top pairing with Karlsson than Boro currently is.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
After Chabot's preseason with the Sens, I'm confident saying he's better than Weircioch and would be better on the top pairing with Karlsson than Boro currently is.

Would be a great way to ruin his confidence early on, especially the way this team has been playing. The kid needs to gain some strenght , as he said in camp players are much stronger and that was preseason still. To give him the responsiblity to cover for Karlsson against some of the best players in the league would be pretty stupid.

Chabot should stay where he is.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Would be a great way to ruin his confidence early on, especially the way this team has been playing. The kid needs to gain some strenght , as he said in camp players are much stronger and that was preseason still. To give him the responsiblity to cover for Karlsson against some of the best players in the league would be pretty stupid.

Chabot should stay where he is.

I'm not saying he should play, I'm just saying I think he's better.

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
There's no doubt in my mind that Chabot could step in on the first line but the risk of injury or shattering his confidence is too great and we already have 2 giraffes.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It's fun seeing the Ottawa analytics community double down on Patrick Wiercoch. They refuse to admit he's just not a good defenseman right now so they've taken to now blaming Ceci's play and saying he should be up with Karlsson.

Because that one time they played well together.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It's fun seeing the Ottawa analytics community double down on Patrick Wiercoch. They refuse to admit he's just not a good defenseman right now so they've taken to now blaming Ceci's play and saying he should be up with Karlsson.

To be fair, they played well for a good stretch. Even before Wier was paired up with Ceci he was playing well. Just in short bursts.

I still think he turns it around. He'll be better, just not good enough for the majority of posters here. He never will.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBush*

I'm a bit worried Chabot will be rushed into the NHL next season because he'll be obviously better then some of our Dmen

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Wait, what? Seriously?

I mean, Ceci hasn't looked good imo, but Wiercioch isn't getting dragged down by him, they are both just getting too much responsibility right now.

Ideal world, Wier should be a 3rd pair offensive Dman. That's where he can thrive. Play him with Karlsson when we're down and need some extra offense, but that's it imo.

Heck, the way they are playing, I'd almost start playing Wier Ceci in the sheltered mins 3rd pair role, and run Cowen Wideman as our second pair. If the latter can handle the responsibility, I think Ceci and Wier could thrive taking advantage of line miss-matches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xamar*

Not too hyped about this one. Western Canadian teams usually so really well at CTC. They always have lots of fans in attendance as well.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
To be fair, they played well for a good stretch. Even before Wier was paired up with Ceci he was playing well. Just in short bursts.

I still think he turns it around. He'll be better, just not good enough for the majority of posters here. He never will.

Don't confuse the vocal minority for the majority on this board. Most of the people on this board believe that Wier's ceiling is a 2nd pairing defenceman but on most teams, he'd be a reliable 3rd pairing guy. Right now, he's not playing like an NHL defenseman.

The majority of this board was fighting for him to get into the line-up last year. Especially when Maclean was playing Cowen over him and he was a trainwreck.

Wier needs to be better, and most of us know he can be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad