Proposal: Calgary - New Jersey (Markstrom and Hanifin to NJ)

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Dawson Mercer for Markstrom

1 for 1
You can't be serious right?? Hopefully you aren't....

Don't wanna be mean but Mercer is a wildly inconsistent player. I think Sharangovich will be a better player for y'all than Mercer. Why? Sharangovich has more skill and talent. Mercer is the prototypical hard worker inconsistent player. He will never be a 70 pt player and he's quite overrated. He's benefitting largely from a league that is high scoring with poor defensive play. He'd never succeed outside of the tik tok generation.
Mercers hockey IQ and overall game is way better than Rango....This is laughable!!!!.....

Reactions: Guttersniped

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It wasn't a Flames fan who posted the offer. In a world where Monahan got a 1st anything is possible.
i can guarantee nemec is no option.

the devils core are:
jack and nico
luke and simon

those four won't move in the near future. the rest of the roster we can discuss.

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
To New Jersey:
Jacob Markstrom
Noah Hanifin

To Calgary:
Alexander Holtz
Jonas Siegenthaler
Graeme Clarke
2024 1st round pick (If this pick goes to SJS, moves to 2025 1st, and the conditional 2025 1st moves to 2026)
2025 conditional 2nd round pick (If NJ advances to SCF in either 2024 or 2025, this pick becomes a 2025 1st)
Vitek Vanecek
Chase Stillman
Jack Hughes for Markstrom seems fair

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Don't wanna be mean but Mercer is a wildly inconsistent player. I think Sharangovich will be a better player for y'all than Mercer. Why? Sharangovich has more skill and talent. Mercer is the prototypical hard worker inconsistent player. He will never be a 70 pt player and he's quite overrated. He's benefitting largely from a league that is high scoring with poor defensive play. He'd never succeed outside of the tik tok generation.

He'd never succeed outside of the tik tok generation.
What does this even mean?

• Haha
Reactions: Bone Density

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I agree that Monahan is an irrelevant player. The Jets have found that out the hard way already.

Markstrom will be a Vezina candidate for the 2nd time in the last 3 years. How do you figure he has no value?
He’s 34 with a bad contract

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He’s 34 with a bad contract
Bad contract? Um no. Huberdeau has a bad contract. Meier has a bad contract. Markstrom is a high end starter making 6M per. He's good value. Do you think Jack Hughes has a bad contract? He's a high end center. Markstrom is in the same category for goalies as Hughes is for centers.

You'd think of all fan bases Devils fans would get how critical a #1 goalie is. You guys won a cup with Bobby Holik as your number one center. How many do you win without Brodeur?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad