Proposal: Calgary Flames Offseason Re-Tool

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Yes I do ...just like Drai can be a good player without mcdavid...oh wait
You’re right Drai is garbage without McDavid... not sure why you are bringing the Oilers into this though? Are you that insecure in your intelligence that you can’t support your statement with anything indicating there is a basis for your assumption.

Moving on...

You are the first Flames fan I have heard say that Monahan would be better player without Gaudreau. I am interested in what other intelligent, mature Flames fans think of your opinion though.

Reactions: Ragdoll

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yes I do ...just like Drai can be a good player without mcdavid...oh wait

Leon Draisaitl won a freaking Art Ross and Hart trophy because his scoring went up after being separated from McDavid last year. Monahan hasn't proven shit without Gaudreau.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You’re right Drai is garbage without McDavid... not sure why you are bringing the Oilers into this though? Are you that insecure in your intelligence that you can’t support your statement with anything indicating there is a basis for your assumption.

Moving on...

You are the first Flames fan I have heard say that Monahan would be better player without Gaudreau. I am interested in what other intelligent, mature Flames fans think of your opinion though.
That’s because Oilers fans are trolling on every flames trade thread?

when the line is not working, split them up, it may work? It’s not the first time it may happen unless you just started watching hockey

you have nothing useful to add on Monahan

Reactions: Boomstick

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
That’s because Oilers fans are trolling on every flames trade thread?

when the line is not working, split them up, it may work? It’s not the first time it may happen unless you just started watching hockey

Trolling? Flames thread? This is the main boards.

Wow... are you OK?

Reactions: TFHockey

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Rakell
Tkachuk-Danault-Mangiapane
Dube-Bennett-Denisenko
Lucic-Ryan-Leivo/Ritchie/Phillips

Hanifin-Tanev
Giordano-Dumba
Valimaki-Nutivaara
Kylington

Markstrom
Rittich
Treliving and the Flames have made their choice - Sutter over Gaudreau/Monahan.

I can't see how either Gaudreau or Monahan can return next season.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Why would Detroit would trade Mantha straight up for a guy who would slot on their third pairing behind Hronek and Seider?

Reactions: Reddwit

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2019

Moving on...

I would like to see them at least try Tkachuk-Monahan-Mangiapane for a few games... nothing to lose right. Mony in the high slot with Chucky in the crease and Mang chasing the puck around the corners could work, while Monys skating is questionable he can shoot, especially with some traffic. See how Lindy does centering
Gaudreau, not that I think that is the best either... we just don't have the right type of center for that matchup.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Wings pass, RD is like the last thing they need moving forward

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
OP somehow likes to make Calgary worse in all his proposals. It's like a talent. For a bad team, it's amazing we can look even worse.
Loool if you think that team is than our current bottom-5 roster idk what to tell you... ya man shipping out Monahan and Rasmus and Backlund for Dumba Rakell picks and prospects and cap space for a legit top-6 C definitely makes us a worse team. It’s like a skill hey. You honestly continue to amaze me by talking frequent sh*t about this core on the flames board and then still not being able to overcome ur bias about our players value and stick with what doesn’t work. You’re literally Brad lol

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Shut her down mods, another dumpster fire of a thread.
lollll. fitting for our dumpster fire team. I'd love to hear your suggestions for what we should be doing if not trading for picks, a top-line RW, a top-pair D and/or cap space lol. Lemme guess Monahan+ for Eichel or stay the course?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
lollll. fitting for our dumpster fire team. I'd love to hear your suggestions for what we should be doing if not trading for picks, a top-line RW, a top-pair D and/or cap space lol. Lemme guess Monahan+ for Eichel or stay the course?

You shuffle deck chairs in all your proposals, with never addressing the actual issues with this roster. Calgary’s issue is we have no impact centre.

How do you fix this? Trade two top 9 centres, replace internally and give similar level players multi year deals.

Not joking, have you ever had a single person on the Flames end agree with a single one of your proposals, like, ever?

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
You shuffle deck chairs in all your proposals, with never addressing the actual issues with this roster. Calgary’s issue is we have no impact centre.

How do you fix this? Trade two top 9 centres, replace internally and give similar level players multi year deals.

Not joking, have you ever had a single person on the Flames end agree with a single one of your proposals, like, ever?

hahahah no man I've never had a SINGLE flames fan agree with my proposals. Not even a friend or anything because I get all my validation / criticism from awesome strangers like you lol. get real lol u keep clamouring for a sell job and a tank job but yet have no actual desire to improve this team. Monahan for 1st+prospect? How does that get us any closer to being good? oh wait because we need to re-tool and we aren't getting Eichel hahaha. like honestly you say we never address the actual issue, please let me know how (aside from re-building or at the LEAST re-tooling) we can possibly address it

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
hahahah no man I've never had a SINGLE flames fan agree with my proposals. Not even a friend or anything because I get all my validation / criticism from awesome strangers like you lol. get real lol u keep clamouring for a sell job and a tank job but yet have no actual desire to improve this team. Monahan for 1st+prospect? How does that get us any closer to being good? oh wait because we need to re-tool and we aren't getting Eichel hahaha. like honestly you say we never address the actual issue, please let me know how (aside from re-building or at the LEAST re-tooling) we can possibly address it

I figured as much.

There's no magic bullet for Calgary, and that's very, very, apparent. The only answer is to lose as many games as possible the remainder of the season and get the most valuable asset we can come draft and see what shakes loose then.

But hey, we should just make lateral moves, sign players that don't move the needle, and hope for the best. AMIRITE?

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I figured as much.

There's no magic bullet for Calgary, and that's very, very, apparent. The only answer is to lose as many games as possible the remainder of the season and get the most valuable asset we can come draft and see what shakes loose then.

But hey, we should just make lateral moves, sign players that don't move the needle, and hope for the best. AMIRITE?
Honestly I think we are way closer in our valuations tho if you think the Monahan trade is fine. The Mantha/Rakell deal was more of targeting an area of need but if you're low on those guys in terms of being core guys thats super fair and not my first choice, I just think both guys have long-term RW1 upside whereas Rasmus tops out as a good RD2. Monahan for futures isn't lateral tho so we both agree to sell what we can. I also don't think we should sell everyone I really don't but I'm not opposed to trading our overvalued C's and replacing them. I think that's a better strategy then just sticking with it when we suck and could at least add a 1st+prospect or 2. Also not saying they have to be deadline moves but summer for sure gotta make some moves. As for adding Danault, he's a polarizing player who some people don't think moves the needle and others (like Nathan Mackinnon) view him as one of the hardest C's to play against in the whole league. I'm definitely on Nathan's side for this one lolol. Like Backlund 4 years ago and a UFA who we can sign to a similar deal while shipping out one of the existing C's for a 1st+. Not sure how that's lateral when we're actually getting younger and adding 1st+

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
Loool if you think that team is than our current bottom-5 roster idk what to tell you... ya man shipping out Monahan and Rasmus and Backlund for Dumba Rakell picks and prospects and cap space for a legit top-6 C definitely makes us a worse team. It’s like a skill hey. You honestly continue to amaze me by talking frequent sh*t about this core on the flames board and then still not being able to overcome ur bias about our players value and stick with what doesn’t work. You’re literally Brad lol
You're literally the fan of a team not named the Calgary Flames.

Reactions: JPeeper and Bond

Ledge And Dairy

Acquiring a rental top 6 RW after selling the rest of the top 6 is a complete waste of assets. As stated above, all you are dping is shuffling deck chairs

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
You're literally the fan of a team not named the Calgary Flames.

Acquiring a rental top 6 RW after selling the rest of the top 6 is a complete waste of assets. As stated above, all you are dping is shuffling deck chairs

Ah, the classic responses. I admit Rakell isn’t a good target cause of the contract situation u guys are right we’d need an RW w more term. But what I think is the most funny is that I have advocated for a full rebuild for over a season, to which you both specifically have said ‘we just signed Tanev and Markstrom to compete, we can’t do that! Now I’m making a proposal to re-tool, and you guys say I’m shuffling deck chairs. Lol. It’s literally gotta be one or the other. I admit we’d need more value than Rakell and if I was brad I wouldn’t pull trig on deal 2. Having said that deal 1 (Monahan for picks+prospects) and 3 (Backlund+pick for Dumba) and signing Danault will 100% make us a better team in the future without a masssive sacrifice right now. Isn’t that exactly what we all want? I honestly still think we should sell even more and fully rebuild cause we’re absolutely awful, but I understand management might not want that/ might not be feasible with some of our vet guys. So I’m proposing a re-tool/ shuffling of the deck chairs, which you guys specifically have told me is the only way for us to make changes. So before I go on justifying why I’d make these deals cause it’s some of the best value we can get for Monahan and Backlund, please let me know what you guys would do if you were brad. I see you guys shoot down 95% of proposals (which is totally fine I get you guys are very risk averse), but it’s at the point where we all know we have to do something. So again, what would you guys actually do if you were brad?

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
I've always wanted Monahan on the Ducks.

What about:

Silfverberg
Steel
2nd round pick (2021 or 2022, CGY choice)

for

Monahan

This horrible year aside (for pretty much all Ducks players), you know what you get with Silf. 20G ~40 pts, great two-way player and a nice playoff resume. I don't think Steel has shown all he can do, but I don't think he is going anywhere on the Ducks, especially now that Lundestrom has passed him and he's relegated to 4th line ice time/duties. Bit early to call him a reclamation project, but would be interesting to see what kind of chemistry he can find in CGY with some of their wingers. The pick should be early in the 2nd, especially if this year's is chosen.

Ducks add a smart, skilled 2C who can play at 1C as needed and is still young and signed for a few years.

Ledge And Dairy

Ah, the classic responses. I admit Rakell isn’t a good target cause of the contract situation u guys are right we’d need an RW w more term. But what I think is the most funny is that I have advocated for a full rebuild for over a season, to which you both specifically have said ‘we just signed Tanev and Markstrom to compete, we can’t do that! Now I’m making a proposal to re-tool, and you guys say I’m shuffling deck chairs. Lol. It’s literally gotta be one or the other. I admit we’d need more value than Rakell and if I was brad I wouldn’t pull trig on deal 2. Having said that deal 1 (Monahan for picks+prospects) and 3 (Backlund+pick for Dumba) and signing Danault will 100% make us a better team in the future without a masssive sacrifice right now. Isn’t that exactly what we all want? I honestly still think we should sell even more and fully rebuild cause we’re absolutely awful, but I understand management might not want that/ might not be feasible with some of our vet guys. So I’m proposing a re-tool/ shuffling of the deck chairs, which you guys specifically have told me is the only way for us to make changes. So before I go on justifying why I’d make these deals cause it’s some of the best value we can get for Monahan and Backlund, please let me know what you guys would do if you were brad. I see you guys shoot down 95% of proposals (which is totally fine I get you guys are very risk averse), but it’s at the point where we all know we have to do something. So again, what would you guys actually do if you were brad?
I still dont think we should rebuild. Like you pointed out from previous posts I've made, we just invested 10.5M into 2 30+ players. But you also didnt retool here either.
You sold Monahan for some futures to a win now team that lavks a legitimate 2C. Sure, thats fine and makes sense, I'mmore open to mobing Monahan now than I was a year ago. I personally think Lundell is close to NHL ready (but not cup winning 2C ready) and would rather try and get him and a capdump like Stralmam.

The issue is you moved Backlund and a 1st for a RD we dont need to then move Ras for a RHS LW we dont need. Would you really rather have Dumba and Rakell over Backlund, Ras, and a 1st? I know I wouldn't. Ras is having a bad year but hes also stapled to Gio who is playing even worse.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
As a fan of neither team i can say this is rather assuming . A few observations and points. Its time f9r a tear down in flame land. I easily predicted before the season started the flames would finish 5th or 6th in the north . Others laughed and said they woukd challenge the top teams LOL... losing brodie hurt....johnny G isn't what he should be. No 1C etc..
Leon D is easily the second best offensive player in the league and worth more than any player on the flames by a huge margin.
Sutter isn't the answer. This was a ridiculous move. Can't blame Sutter for taking the deal though.
This is the beginning of some very dark times ahead for the Flames

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I've always wanted Monahan on the Ducks.

What about:

Silfverberg
Steel
2nd round pick (2021 or 2022, CGY choice)

for

Monahan

This horrible year aside (for pretty much all Ducks players), you know what you get with Silf. 20G ~40 pts, great two-way player and a nice playoff resume. I don't think Steel has shown all he can do, but I don't think he is going anywhere on the Ducks, especially now that Lundestrom has passed him and he's relegated to 4th line ice time/duties. Bit early to call him a reclamation project, but would be interesting to see what kind of chemistry he can find in CGY with some of their wingers. The pick should be early in the 2nd, especially if this year's is chosen.

Ducks add a smart, skilled 2C who can play at 1C as needed and is still young and signed for a few years.

all day. If he’s broken this year than you are getting a good player. If not, yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad