Injury Report: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part IV: Not A Prospect, Always Injured Ed.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I think he means that Jost watched too many episodes of Dragonball and has been wearing additional weights during games...someone finally noticed and told him he can take them off. Turns out Jost is actually a generational talent

That's actually Josty enough to believe it.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
So is Miro. I mean Makar will probably be PPG defenseman while Miro is probably closer to 50-60 points. But Makar probably never gets Miros shutdown ability which evens them out most likely.

I don't know how you could watch Makar in the playoffs and say that he can't reach that level defensively. He was a rock on the backend, controlled shots better than anyone else on the Avs. I think Makar is just scratching the surface.

Reactions: Makar27 and Zolik37

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They need an entire NHL Mic'd up segment where its the guys yelling "CALe MAkar" or "is that the new synergy stick? "

How many times next year is someone gonna see him in the locker room and go, "Cale Makar???!!!!!" :laugh:

He's just done for. Only thing that may save him is that he's such a nice guy nobody wants to mess with him too much. It'd be like picking on Joe Sakic or something.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
How many times next year is someone gonna see him in the locker room and go, "Cale Makar???!!!!!" :laugh:

He's just done for. Only thing that may save him is that he's such a nice guy nobody wants to mess with him too much. It'd be like picking on Joe Sakic or something.

MacK will pick on him and call him a dork for sure and then Landy will laugh at MacK for winning the Lady Byng which will throw the latter into a pit of rage that will resurrect Wilson.

Last edited:

Muzza

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2004
Hey, not sure if this was already posted, but thought Altitude's post-Calder interview with Cale was interesting.

The 20 mins of interview were cool, with your expected dose of hockey player cliche, but whoever posted didn't cut out the last of it where Kyle Keefe and Peter McNab are talking between themselves.

McNab says he thinks Makar may better than Mackinnon some day and Keefe reckon he'll wear the C one day.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
70 point pace in regular season despite clearly needing time to adjust, being eased in with relatively low minutes, the injury affecting him a bit etc.

The playoff version of Makar is probably close to what we will see from him this decade. If that is the case he will easily be a top 5 Dman as almost nobody can put up huge numbers and have a solid all-around game at the same time.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
70 point pace in regular season despite clearly needing time to adjust, being eased in with relatively low minutes, the injury affecting him a bit etc.

The playoff version of Makar is probably close to what we will see from him this decade. If that is the case he will easily be a top 5 Dman as almost nobody can put up huge numbers and have a solid all-around game at the same time.
I dont think we even seen the best of Makar yet. Not even close in fact. If he stays healthy this guy is gonna do things we havent seen an Avs dman do since Pascal Trepanier was on the team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I dont think we even seen the best of Makar yet. Not even close in fact.

True but we (me included) tend to see Makar as some 19 year old kid or something...he isn't though. Like I said the other day Mack is 3 years older than Makar and Girard only 5 months.

Rants had a 84 pts season at that age.

Makar is going to get better with more experience but physically he's already in his prime.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I don’t think it’s going to be much strength related improvements, although Makar was a late bloomer. I do think he will still get more comfortable and a touch less conservative/hesitant. It seems to me that he was really trying to not be a liability (which that’s good!) but he’d hang back a little too much.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah I don’t think it’s going to be much strength related improvements, although Makar was a late bloomer. I do think he will still get more comfortable and a touch less conservative/hesitant. It seems to me that he was really trying to not be a liability (which that’s good!) but he’d hang back a little too much.

A better defensive partner will allow him to open it up even more, though I don’t really have as much issue with Graves as a lot of others do.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
A better defensive partner will allow him to open it up even more, though I don’t really have as much issue with Graves as a lot of others do.
I think the Graves hate comes from him playing a role that’s way over his head as opposed to him just flat out sucking. I think any team in the league takes him to play a bottom pairing role and kill penalties. Plenty would even put him in their top 4. However for us he’s playing on the top pairing and beside our love child so you know we’re gonna bash on him.

Reactions: LTC Pain

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think the Graves hate comes from him playing a role that’s way over his head as opposed to him just flat out sucking. I think any team in the league takes him to play a bottom pairing role and kill penalties. Plenty would even put him in their top 4. However for us he’s playing on the top pairing and beside our love child so you know we’re gonna bash on him.

If he was actually good on the PK I'd stick up for him more, but alas.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If he was actually good on the PK I'd stick up for him more, but alas.
He was a decent PK’er this year imo. He had a few god awful PK’s in the playoffs that people will focus on and I don’t blame them but he was a solid PK’er for us during the season

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He was our best PK’er this year imo. He had a few god awful PK’s in the playoffs that people will focus on and I don’t blame them but he was a great PK’er for us during the season

Wasn't our entire special teams unit sub par in the regular season?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wasn't our entire special teams unit sub par in the regular season?
Yeah and I edited my post too because after I reread it I thought I was pushing it saying he was our best lol. But I definitely thought he was solid. His shot blocking in particular stands out for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad