Injury Report: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part IV: Not A Prospect, Always Injured Ed.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I understand a lot of this talk is in jest, but the kid hasn’t had injury issues prior to the NHL, he misses 13 games in his rookie season and is now injury prone?

If he missed 13 games in one stint instead of two, this conversation wouldn’t be happening imo.

Reactions: Gnome17

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Pfff
Don’t like this one. Just one year and he was awasome this year.​
Remember Peter the great #21.
injured prone. If Cale (and I think he can) can be like him.

GO man show them you're gonna be a legend !!!

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Until they see this...

6th best defenseman in the league and missed a bunch of games during a shortened season.

Since they have Dougie Hamilton (who missed most of the season) it seems like it's their list of best dmen in a vacuum and not those who had the best season?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
6th best defenseman in the league and missed a bunch of games during a shortened season.

Since they have Dougie Hamilton (who missed most of the season) it seems like it's their list of best dmen in a vacuum and not those who had the best season?
It’s who they think is the best right now. It’s not perfect but it’s better than most lists and appreciate them actually acknowledging that young players can be good and guys like Doughty have slowed down.

I love Kevin Weeks. Any list he’s apart of is usually one I like.

Reactions: Balthazar and 5280

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
One thing that’s interesting with these defence rankings that have come out recently is Heiskanen is not on them.

He’s valued a lot more highly on HF than he is by media. Personally, I would have had him above a few of the guys listed.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
How come every single Defenseman list that comes out be it Calder, Norris, best Defenseman etc.... always has Makar way ahead of Hughes but Canucks fans always insist that Hughes is the better dman. It’s very clear at this point who the majority of people think the better dman is except a couple of writers for sportsnet and Canucks fans

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
How come every single Defenseman list that comes out be it Calder, Norris, best Defenseman etc.... always has Makar way ahead of Hughes but Canucks fans always insist that Hughes is the better dman. It’s very clear at this point who the majority of people think the better dman is except a couple of writers for sportsnet and Canucks fans

Don’t forget henchy!

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
One thing that’s interesting with these defence rankings that have come out recently is Heiskanen is not on them.

He’s valued a lot more highly on HF than he is by media. Personally, I would have had him above a few of the guys listed.

I just don't think Heiskanen has the offense to compete with Makar/Hughes/Dahlin. He'll probably be the best defender out of the group but I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation points wise.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I just don't think Heiskanen has the offense to compete with Makar/Hughes/Dahlin. He'll probably be the best defender out of the group but I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation points wise.
He isn't as flashy, but he's a good two-way player. His numbers are kind of depressed by the heavily defensive and low-scoring playstyle of the Stars, he certainly is no Makar but he shouldn't be thought of as a purely stay-at-home player either.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He isn't as flashy, but he's a good two-way player. His numbers are kind of depressed by the heavily defensive and low-scoring playstyle of the Stars, he certainly is no Makar but he shouldn't be thought of as a purely stay-at-home player either.

No I agree, he's a two way guy, I just don't think he'll ever be at the offensive caliber that the other three will be at.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Dahlin isn't there either.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dahlin isn't there either.
With all due respect to Dahlin who is incredible, especially at his age. I simply don’t think he’s top 20 yet. He will be. I’d bet my house on it. But he’s a little overrated based on his current abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad