Injury Report: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part IV: Not A Prospect, Always Injured Ed.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
No he wouldn't be putting up Makar numbers on the Avs.

Makar has tremendous offensive ability no matter how you look at it. Heiskanen doesn't create as much offense and relies more on others to get points. Makar is an offensive powerhouse, while Miro will never have the same ability he is better defensively.
Pass the puck to Nathan and Mikko enough you are going to get points. I have no doubt Miro could put up monster numbers on this Avs roster and the style of game the Avs play.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Makar sits at the top of the pile right now, but these guys are going to be playing king of the mountain for the next 10 years.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’ll say this.

Taking into account age and potential, the only defenceman in the NHL I would trade Makar for is Dahlin. I wouldn’t even feel that confident about that trade either since Makar is the better player right now.

I’m just not as much of a Miro guy as some though. I think he’s fabulous, but I would take Hughes over him too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think there's a decent chance he's the Avs next captain. I'm not sure Nate wants to deal with the extra attention and media responsibilities. He hates it already as it is.

Why do we even talk about next captain? Landeskog's going to have a longer run than Sakic did when it's all said and done. 9 years down and probably another 6-8 to go. :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He has the temperament for it. Nathan as captain would be interesting just to see him cuss out reporters for asking him dumb questions haha

He needs someone to rein him in and then pick him back up when he starts losing it.

m2CsioU.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Why do we even talk about next captain? Landeskog's going to have a longer run than Sakic did when it's all said and done. 9 years down and probably another 6-8 to go. :laugh:

Yup... hell, Landy could realistically outlast both Makar and MacK here! :laugh:

Reactions: Avs_19

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Because we were talking about Makar being a special person and player.

Also because Landy is 6 years older than Makar and has been dealing with hip issues for a while now. Barring some unfortunate event, I don't see how Landy outlasts Nate and Makar on the Avs. That defies common sense.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Solid interview. Kid is a gem of a player. I love how he talked about the teams focus in the bubble. They'll be back.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If that happens something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. No offence to Landy :laugh:

Yeah... but Landy could easily be a lifer here. His next contract will be 7-8 years and take him to his mid 30s. At that point those sorts with the Avs tend to stick around year over year until they are done. Landy playing here at 38/39 wouldn't shock me at all.

Reactions: McMetal and Avs_19

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If Landy retires at 38/39 which may be optimistic with his hips, then Makar will be 32/33, and probably still playing at a high level because of his elite skating and hockey IQ.

The only way Landy outlasts Makar on the Avs is if they let Makar walk as a UFA, which seems very doubtful.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Yeah... but Landy could easily be a lifer here. His next contract will be 7-8 years and take him to his mid 30s. At that point those sorts with the Avs tend to stick around year over year until they are done. Landy playing here at 38/39 wouldn't shock me at all.

I expect him to be an Av for a long time too. I just also think MacK and Mak are going to be around a while as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I expect him to be an Av for a long time too. I just also think MacK and Mak are going to be around a while as well.

Makar should be at least 9 more years, and MacK should be at least 11... but strange things happen over a long period of time. Really Landy is the only player I feel supremely confident will end his career an Avs. Well maybe Jost too, but not sure that counts.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He needs someone to rein him in and then pick him back up when he starts losing it.

m2CsioU.gif
My favourite part of this gif will always be Bednars face at the end. Hes trying not to laugh so he does that face. I dont care what anyone says thats what happening there. When a batch of snow fell off a tree and landed on a guy shoveling the snow this was the same face I made.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Makar sits at the top of the pile right now, but these guys are going to be playing king of the mountain for the next 10 years.

Once Byram joins Avs next season we will not be talking about Makar as much as we do now. We are like little kids playing with a brand new toy. One day when we get a new shinny toy, we will forget about the older one. Byram is the top NHL prospect not in the NHL.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Makar should be at least 9 more years, and MacK should be at least 11... but strange things happen over a long period of time. Really Landy is the only player I feel supremely confident will end his career an Avs. Well maybe Jost too, but not sure that counts.

So you're telling me that Jost's NHL career is over now? :sarcasm:

Reactions: henchman21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad