Calder Finalists: Barzal (NYI), Boeser (VAN), Keller (ARIZ).

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

The 2015 draft could go down as the greatest of all time.

Still early, but lots of guys who could be big time NHL players who have yet to crack the big club.

But already guys who look to be solid for years to come. McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski, Rantanen, Barzal, Connor, Boeser, Konecny, Aho....

These guys are all 21. If the usual amount of guys start cracking the NHL big at age 22-24, lots of prospects

2003 is often considered the bar, but MAN a lot of that class are burning out early and most of them did not hit the ground running till they were 22.

pomx

May 15, 2014
Boeser has a lethal shot and can beat any goalie. 50 goals for him is not out of the question. But hey some people prefer assissts lol.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Why do you think anyone with a different opinion is wrong or being salty. He could’ve easily scored 40 goals this season and was on a horrid Vancouver team. We get it, you have no ounce of homerism in you mr. Fair guy.

I seriously thought your first comment was made in jest but this makes it clear it wasn’t. Wow. Guess the logic of “things would be different if they weren’t the same” is alive and well.

Congrats to all 3, Barzal Wins in a unanimous vote.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Crazy that Boston whiffed on two of these guys with their three picks in the first round.

And Connor who while not nominated put up a pretty solid year of his own.

Bruins still cup contenders so don’t think they’re losing too much sleep about what could’ve been although boy they’d be scary.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
You know it was a good year when a 31 goal rookie season doesn't even get you nominated. Barzal will win the Calder though. As he should.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I am going out on a limb and say Barzal wins this

And that limb is twenty feet wide and two inches off the ground. Dangerous territory my friend. :p

As an unbiased canucks fan I think you have to give this to Boeser.

As a life long Vancouverite, it's not even close. If Boeser remained health, it probably would have been a tight race, but IMHO, only if he managed around 40 goals and 70pts. Anything less, and Barzal squeaks it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Boeser has a lethal shot and can beat any goalie. 50 goals for him is not out of the question. But hey some people prefer assissts lol.

I personally value the goal a bit more than the assist but man ohh man chill out lol

Very excited year for rookies and all deserving of praise. Even those who didn’t make it as a finalist.

McAvoy had a ridiculous year.

smokingwriter

Apr 21, 2018
The people who vote are the ones that matter though and goals>assissts all day.
Last time I checked, a shot that goes into the net produces just as many points on the scoreboard as a play that leads directly to a goal.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Will not be surprised if the photo shows 1st, 2nd and 3rd in that order. Barzal should, and will be, the clear #1 (I wouldn't be surprised if the west coast media throw a couple of 1st places to Boeser though), Boeser's goal scoring will nab him 2nd and Keller put in a very good rookie season for 3rd.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This one is a formality just like last year. Barzal will win in a landslide...Matthews was one vote away from unanimous, pretty sure Barzal should win unanimously.

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
This one is a formality just like last year. Barzal will win in a landslide...Matthews was one vote away from unanimous, pretty sure Barzal should win unanimously.

Laine had 3 votes, thank you very much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad