Injury Report: Cal Clutterbuck UPD: Placed on IR

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
the only reason I don't see Clutter long-term on the team is because I think he'll demand too much money to reasonably consider.

Wish one of Seto, Zucker, or Clutter were a center. love to see that as a line right now as all are reasonably fast, all are tenacious, and none are shy playing physical. I think they'd end up creating a lot of loose pucks and at least Seto and Zuker could capitalize on a few of them. could try Cullen on the first line...Not too sure how that would work out but i really don't think it would be any worse than Coyle--that isn't a knock on Charles' future but right now he doesn't look like he fits there.
Plus there's another center there when Koivu get's tossed.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I like Rupp. He's done everything right since he got here. IMO Konopka and Brodziak deserve to sit more than Rupp.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
clutterbuck is like a sparkplug of energy, he has ignited this team many times over the years. anybody who cant see that i wonder how much you know about hockey. you cant have a team full of creampuffs like kim johnsson.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
clutterbuck is like a sparkplug of energy, he has ignited this team many times over the years. anybody who cant see that i wonder how much you know about hockey. you cant have a team full of creampuffs like kim johnsson.

And we don't, even without Clutter.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Interesting...Wonder who Granlund and Bouchard are skating with?

Also looks like Kuemper is on his way back to Houston as he is not on the ice, neither is Rupp.

Konopka and Mitchell? Granlund will probably find himself in the pressbox again on Saturday.

Shame about Kuemper. He did really well.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Konopka and Mitchell? Granlund will probably find himself in the pressbox again on Saturday.

his play isn't the reason, its because he will sit too much here and get too few shots, they will rotate him and Hackett, now Kuemper goes to be the top dog in houston while Hackett gets a few cups of coffee then probably rotate again if Harding isn't back.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT

He did very well. But, apparently Hackett is playing well now, so Kuemper can go down and play more games, no use for him to sit on the bench 90% of the games.

Edit: Nervermind. Fletch said Kuemper is just sore. No recall for Hackett. https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/309381553912438784

Last edited:

THEALLKNOWING*

Hopefully CC is healthy enough to use as trade bait. Nice guy, full of energy, but he will never be more tradeable than now. Longer-term, considering the prospects, where is he going to play other than the fourth line? There are only so many slots, and no doubt there will be others coming our way if Fletch does his magic.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Hopefully CC is healthy enough to use as trade bait. Nice guy, full of energy, but he will never be more tradeable than now. Longer-term, considering the prospects, where is he going to play other than the fourth line? There are only so many slots, and no doubt there will be others coming our way if Fletch does his magic.

Wild have no one that can fill his role in the system. I don't know what prospects you think are gonna be playing on the third line in his place.

THEALLKNOWING*

Wild have no one that can fill his role in the system. I don't know what prospects you think are gonna be playing on the third line in his place.

Thank goodness there is only one Cal. Can't shoot, can't pass, can't cycle the puck, can't carry the puck. He can tip the puck well, and no doubt finishes his checks behind the play like no other. But that is fourth line stuff, those kinds of players are always available.

Bulmer is a possibility, and he's bigger. He looked very good last year at the beginning, but has been injured quite a bit since.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00