Votes: 14 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Missed the game because of an early flight to Brussels. @Cmox

But those are the types of goals we need more of.

Only took like 10 games for this moron coach to realize the line of Goodrow-Blais-Gauthier worked well in Detroit so lets try that again. Carpenter should never dress again unless it's for another club.
Awesome! Have fun.

She showed up so I thought of you.
1669901644178.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
See what happens when you dont make needless turnovers at your own blueline all game?

Miller had his best game in awhile. Kravtsov looked hungry on the puck forechecking which was very encouraging. Lindgren with one of his best games as a Ranger when they needed it. I know we all have PTSD about giving contracts to guys who play the style he does, but it would be a pretty massive mistake to move him for cap relief as has been floated around. Hes far more important to the Rangers success than Lafreniere or Kakko.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
A few observations:

- Gauthier has really turned himself into a nice depth player. He's strong on the boards, takes the puck to the net, keeps the game simple and is back-checking very well using his size and speed. If he continues then he will be more than a 4th liner shortly.

- Kravtsov was very noticeable and engaged. If he continues playing like this, he is a nice piece in the middle-6. You can tell he still needs to add strength but his skill and mind are at a higher level than his body.

- Trouba is clearly hurt. At some point, Gallant needs to make the decision for him to sit.

- Halak with a good, calm game. I'm sure it has been bugging him that his record and stats were not where he wanted them to be. He is still, to me, one of the better back-up goalies in the league. I think that by the end of the year, it will balance out.

- Miller also appears to be hurt to me. We saw this his rookie season about half-way through. He relies so much on his athletic ability that when something is wrong, his game deteriorates quickly. I'm seeing similar things from him.

- Vesey has been a really nice swiss-army knife find for Drury.

- Blais was really skating well last night. Best game I have seen from him in a while. Had more than a few chances. I think he is getting his confidence and legs back which would be a nice positive for this team.

- Panarin was back to his gliding, pull-up at the blue line, self. He's not creating space for him or his teammates when he plays like that.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
All of you loving Krav- serious question, we’re you more impressed by what he did during the game or has the bar been set so low that the fact that he got through the game with only 1 terrible penalty, no injury and a few noticeable minutes now equate to a good game for him?
The bar is low, but the redemption arc has to start somewhere. In a season full of frustration, a prospect showing signs of turning things around is worth celebrating.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Tob

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
The bar is low, but the redemption arc has to start somewhere. In a season full of frustration, a prospect showing signs of turning things around is worth celebrating.
fair- I think that makes sense and I would agree we need to start somewhere.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
See what happens when you dont make needless turnovers at your own blueline all game?

Miller had his best game in awhile. Kravtsov looked hungry on the puck forechecking which was very encouraging. Lindgren with one of his best games as a Ranger when they needed it. I know we all have PTSD about giving contracts to guys who play the style he does, but it would be a pretty massive mistake to move him for cap relief as has been floated around. Hes far more important to the Rangers success than Lafreniere or Kakko.
If your last point is true, all this back & forth bickering & speculation on this site is completely moot, as this team won't be going anywhere. I love Lindgren, & I understand his importance to the team, but that can only take you so far.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
All of you loving Krav- serious question, we’re you more impressed by what he did during the game or has the bar been set so low that the fact that he got through the game with only 1 terrible penalty, no injury and a few noticeable minutes now equate to a good game for him?
He was more engaged last night. Stronger on the forecheck and had some good positioning. He was doing the simple things and making the smart plays as a coach would say.. (add in something about if he keeps that up good things will come). But one of the stars from last nights game? No, not even close.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
A few observations:

- Gauthier has really turned himself into a nice depth player. He's strong on the boards, takes the puck to the net, keeps the game simple and is back-checking very well using his size and speed. If he continues then he will be more than a 4th liner shortly.

- Kravtsov was very noticeable and engaged. If he continues playing like this, he is a nice piece in the middle-6. You can tell he still needs to add strength but his skill and mind are at a higher level than his body.

- Trouba is clearly hurt. At some point, Gallant needs to make the decision for him to sit.

- Halak with a good, calm game. I'm sure it has been bugging him that his record and stats were not where he wanted them to be. He is still, to me, one of the better back-up goalies in the league. I think that by the end of the year, it will balance out.

- Miller also appears to be hurt to me. We saw this his rookie season about half-way through. He relies so much on his athletic ability that when something is wrong, his game deteriorates quickly. I'm seeing similar things from him.

- Vesey has been a really nice swiss-army knife find for Drury.

- Blais was really skating well last night. Best game I have seen from him in a while. Had more than a few chances. I think he is getting his confidence and legs back which would be a nice positive for this team.

- Panarin was back to his gliding, pull-up at the blue line, self. He's not creating space for him or his teammates when he plays like that.
Biggest issue I've seen with Panarin's play this year is not being strong on the puck when passing. He's been throwing entirely too many floating saucer passes at half speed in the general direction of teammates (ESPECIALLY on the backhand), and these are easy for defenders to pick off. In previous years, these passes were along the ice, crisp, and hard.

• Love
Reactions: egelband

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Biggest issue I've seen with Panarin's play this year is not being strong on the puck when passing. He's been throwing entirely too many floating saucer passes at half speed in the general direction of teammates (ESPECIALLY on the backhand), and these are easy for defenders to pick off. In previous years, these passes were along the ice, crisp, and hard.
He's been doing this for 2 years now. His new thing is blind backhand passes to the defenders in the slot.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If your last point is true, all this back & forth bickering & speculation on this site is completely moot, as this team won't be going anywhere. I love Lindgren, & I understand his importance to the team, but that can only take you so far.

Helped take them to the Eastern Conference Finals last year.

You cant trade a guy without a replacement. And its not like the Rangers are going to have much difficulty signing their RFAs at this rate. Trouba & Panarin are clearly becoming the problems for the team going forward anyway.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Webster and the Callahan Rangers defector are the annoying role characters in every Nickelodeon cartoon that aren't even given proper head shapes or facial geometry with the voice acting done by another characters voice actor pinching one nostril and crushing a pack of cryovac hot dogs between their chin and throat. Incoherent anger posting is always one level of respectability above that.

• Haha
Reactions: tlk

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Helped take them to the Eastern Conference Finals last year.

You cant trade a guy without a replacement. And its not like the Rangers are going to have much difficulty signing their RFAs at this rate. Trouba & Panarin are clearly becoming the problems for the team going forward anyway.
I don't want to trade Lindgren, but I'd be extremely reluctant to give him a deal when his current contract expires. Only because of his play style & how he acts like he's 225 instead of 190.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't want to trade Lindgren, but I'd be extremely reluctant to give him a deal when his current contract expires. Only because of his play style & how he acts like he's 225 instead of 190.

They'll cross that bridge when they get to it but Lindgren doesn't seem like a guy who is going to break the bank and squeeze every last dollar out of the Rangers considering he's playing with his best friend and we developed him into a top pairing defenseman. We've also seen what happens when he's out of the lineup and its not pretty

Reactions: skipmowerman

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

Life is just one Dan Girardi retirement contract to another Ryan Lindgren retirement contract.

Reactions: tlk

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Halak's best game so far.

Lindgren #1 star of the game.

Kravstov with a good showing, I would keep him playing. I would move him up to Breads line, move Kakko up to Mika's line and Vesey down to the third.
Yeah, so Kravtsov finally had a "good showing" and you wanna demote Vesey who has been (dare I say) pretty much their steadiest forward and getting a goal and an assist last night. Yeah, so lets demote him. that would be great timing.

GG: Hey Jimmy, great game but I am placing down to the 3rd line.
JV: But, but......but
GG: Yeah, I know. But, it's for the greater good. You are pretty much a has been, and this kid Kravtsov is going to be a star.
JV: But, he ditched the team last year and doesnt seem like he even wants to be a Ranger, he gets a toothache and is out for a week. A puck hits me square in the face, and I'm back out, same period.
GG: Yeah, I know.......but hockey is different here.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
vihxp93b9vm51.png

Girardi didn't suddenly became bad because of "play style." He always had the flaws that brought him down. They became more pronounced with both he and Lundqvist aging.

Lindgren is an obvious injury risk with his play style and that's something to consider but he's never had the flaws that Girardi had.

It's a bad comparison.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

To think Colorado bothered to developed MacKinnon and Rantanen. How quaint.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Yeah, so Kravtsov finally had a "good showing" and you wanna demote Vesey who has been (dare I say) pretty much their steadiest forward and getting a goal and an assist last night. Yeah, so lets demote him. that would be great timing.

GG: Hey Jimmy, great game but I am placing down to the 3rd line.
JV: But, but......but
GG: Yeah, I know. But, it's for the greater good. You are pretty much a has been, and this kid Kravtsov is going to be a star.
JV: But, he ditched the team last year and doesnt seem like he even wants to be a Ranger, he gets a toothache and is out for a week. A puck hits me square in the face, and I'm back out, same period.
GG: Yeah, I know.......but hockey is different here.

"Steady forward?" Yes, only because there were no expectations of him. So because everything he contributes in excess of "turns the puck over Trouba style, falls down, and allows his defensive assignment to score a goal" is viewed as a win, he can do no wrong.

He has 8 points in 23 games, almost half of those playing in the top 6. And if you are focused on analytics, his relative Corsi and Fenwick numbers are both negative as they have been for the past 3 seasons.

What exactly has he been steady at besides not looking like a complete nub on the ice, which at least 17 other players on the roster could also do, including ones who actually are rumored to have this elusive concept known as "potential"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad