C William Nylander (2014, 8th, TOR) VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
PPG in his last 11 games. Really impressive stretch. Couple of stinkers, but mostly been contributing and working hard. Can't get complacent, needs to stay committed.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
PPG in his last 11 games. Really impressive stretch. Couple of stinkers, but mostly been contributing and working hard. Can't get complacent, needs to stay committed.
13pts in 21 games (.62 PPG)

19 Y/O playing Centre.

Ridiculous.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Indeed. Kessel was a sublime passer.

So wonder where the Ehlers debate stands now? The refrain early in the year was he was superior because of his numbers in the NHL vs Nylander's in the AHL

Do you really want another fan base coming in here trying to tell you how crappy Nylander is in comparison to their prospect?

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Guys Nylander is a better player already than Kessel. He's so much more responsible on D (the best two way C on the Leafs), he isn't afraid to recover the puck, and he doesn't take as many low percentage possession wasting shots as Kessel.

I think some of you still view Kessel as an 80-point guy when the reality is he's a 60-point guy and incredibly one dimensional.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

Just like his AHL progression - started out with just a few points his first 10 games, then upped his production with every 10 game stretch.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He'd also be shooting an unsustainable 30%. Really excited about his chances to be a star, but his numbers show he hasn't been a victim of bad luck.

It's not his posts as much as the set-ups in my opinion. His on-ice sh% was a bit low for what you'd expect last time I checked, especially considering the pure quality of the chances he's set up.

At one point he had 7 in a row where he gave a linemate a grade A chance (open goal, puck on the type on a cross crease pass, breakaways etc). Things are starting to even out though for sure.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Indeed. Kessel was a sublime passer.

So wonder where the Ehlers debate stands now? The refrain early in the year was he was superior because of his numbers in the NHL vs Nylander's in the AHL

I'd take Nylander over both Larkin and Ehlers. He's got his feet wet...based on how he's played so far I bet he's going to be a Calder threat next year. If Babcock continues to play him centre he's definitely challenging for Calder trophy.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Doesn't count. Those points were against a non-playoff team :sarcasm:

Remember you posting a while back that Nylander started off slow last year in the AHL before taking off, and, what do you know, the same has happened at the NHL level.

Feels really lucky to have him on the Leafs :yo:

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
William Nylander has 13 points in 21 games.

Jake Virtanen has 13 points in 54 games.

Markus Naslund was the GM of MODO when Nylander was there. How could they pass on him?

Shwaguy*

Guys Nylander is a better player already than Kessel. He's so much more responsible on D (the best two way C on the Leafs), he isn't afraid to recover the puck, and he doesn't take as many low percentage possession wasting shots as Kessel.

I think some of you still view Kessel as an 80-point guy when the reality is he's a 60-point guy and incredibly one dimensional.

Nylander is pretty good defensively, especially for his age. But Kadri is very good defensively.

Shwaguy*

I'd take Nylander over both Larkin and Ehlers. He's got his feet wet...based on how he's played so far I bet he's going to be a Calder threat next year. If Babcock continues to play him centre he's definitely challenging for Calder trophy.

His biggest competition. Matthews and Marner, will be on the same powerplay unit as him :naughty:

Shwaguy*

Bad night on faceoffs though.

Not that I really care that much lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad