C William Nylander (2014, 8th, TOR) VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Remember you posting a while back that Nylander started off slow last year in the AHL before taking off, and, what do you know, the same has happened at the NHL level.

Feels really lucky to have him on the Leafs :yo:

Yup, and I still remember the chirps several posters gave him at the time. One specific quote came from a misguided troll who bet Nylander wouldn't get more than 5 goals in his first AHL season.

Nylander ended up with 14. Never saw that guy again :laugh:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
This crowd sure turned on Kessel. Remember when he was supposedly better than Kane?

You know what, I have to be honest. When Kessel was at what was probably his peak a few years ago, I said that while I didn't think Kessel was Kane-good, I didn't see them as in completely separate categories. While things have changed since then, my opinion as it stood at that particular time hasn't changed (and Kane is my favourite player).

When Kessel is at his best, honestly, he's really a fantastic player.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
William Nylander has the best point-per-game ratio in the NHL of any forward from the 2014 draft.

Sam Reinhart
Leon Draisaitl
Sam Bennett
Jake Virtanen
Nikolaj Ehlers
Nick Ritchie
Dylan Larkin
Robbie Fabbro
Jared McCann
David Pastrnak

He's only played 21 games but in those 21 games, he has played with inferior players compared to any player on that list.

I expect him to put up 50+ points next season as a rookie.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
William Nylander has the best point-per-game ratio in the NHL of any forward from the 2014 draft.

Sam Reinhart
Leon Draisaitl
Sam Bennett
Jake Virtanen
Nikolaj Ehlers
Nick Ritchie
Dylan Larkin
Robbie Fabbro
Jared McCann
David Pastrnak

He's only played 21 games but in those 21 games, he has played with inferior players compared to any player on that list.

I expect him to put up 50+ points next season as a rookie.

Leon Draisaitl's is higher.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Another sneaky, quiet, unnoticeable 3 pt game.

Forgot stealthy

but you know..he floats and disappears at times, just a boxscore filler as one person called it....what a bust.

In all seriousness though, he'll put up 40-50 points next season no doubt in my mind.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
On the season yes, not if you factor in Drai's 37 games last year.

If you exclude his games last year, Draisaitl is on pace for about 56 points over 82 games, while playing with guys like Hall, Eberle and McDavid.

Nylander is on pace for about 51 points over 82 games, while playing with guys like Colin Greening and P-A Parenteau.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If you exclude his games last year, Draisaitl is on pace for about 56 points over 82 games, while playing with guys like Hall, Eberle and McDavid.

Nylander is on pace for about 51 points over 82 games, while playing with guys like Colin Greening and P-A Parenteau.
I know, I was just pointing out how you arrived at your numbers. Draisatls good but he benefited heavily from that period where Hall was playing at an elite level.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Lol!
He had 1 goal in 1 period of play this WJC, before being cheap-shotted, and last year he had 10 pts in 7 games.

William was on pace to score 21 goals at the WJC before that Swiss player knocked him out of the tournament.

:shakehead:sarcasm:

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Guys Nylander is a better player already than Kessel. He's so much more responsible on D (the best two way C on the Leafs), he isn't afraid to recover the puck, and he doesn't take as many low percentage possession wasting shots as Kessel.

I think some of you still view Kessel as an 80-point guy when the reality is he's a 60-point guy and incredibly one dimensional.
Kessel was/is such a talent, how could you already forget? I'm not sure a fully developed Marner or Nylander will ever make a Kessel rush off the wing look quite as easy. With that said, Nylander as a C playing this 200 foot game is more valuable.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
let's also remember Nylander couldn't buy a point let alone a goal for 3 or 4 games while he was getting chances and setting up teammates who would fail miserably...He could easily have 3 or 4 more points to his total which would get him near a PPG.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
let's also remember Nylander couldn't buy a point let alone a goal for 3 or 4 games while he was getting chances and setting up teammates who would fail miserably...He could easily have 3 or 4 more points to his total which would get him near a PPG
How about some of his recent games (prior to this one) where he looked quite poor? In fact his game against Buffalo was about as bad as someone could play. It hasn't all been good. Let's relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->