C William Nylander (2014, 8th, TOR) V [Mod warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Over PPG in the AHL as a teenager.

It's hilarious when people try to discredit him.

Please show me where he is over a PPG as a teenager in the AHL.

32 points in 37 games last year.
If we included playoffs, 35 points in 42 games.
If we included all seasons as a teenager in the AHL, 39 points in 45 games.

Unless you mean he has 4 points in 3 games this season alone? That's kinda silly, I mean, it's 3 games. Using that logic, Dylan Larkin is a PPG player in the NHL as a teenager. But that would be stupid to say.

Yes, he is a great prospect, I agree. But people discrediting him is about as funny as you making statistics up.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Unless you mean he has 4 points in 3 games this season alone? That's kinda silly, I mean, it's 3 games. Using that logic, Dylan Larkin is a PPG player in the NHL as a teenager. But that would be stupid to say.

Yes, he is a great prospect, I agree. But people discrediting him is about as funny as you making statistics up.
well he know has 5 pts in 4 games.

NylanderBros

Jun 22, 2014
Sudbury, Ont

5 points in 4 games this season as a 19 year old. That makes him a ppg teenager..

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014

Just because it's a small sample size doesn't mean he isn't doing it. Whether he keeps it up or not remains to be seen.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Jiri Tlusty threw up some solid seasons in the AHL. He didn't amount to much in the NHL. AHL sometimes is just not a very good indicator. But having said that, i don't know too many players who struggled in the AHL and became bonafide NHL stars either. So it's a promising first step on his journey, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

bobbyt 91*

If you remove his 1st 5 games he is a ppg player

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Jiri Tlusty threw up some solid seasons in the AHL. He didn't amount to much in the NHL. AHL sometimes is just not a very good indicator. But having said that, i don't know too many players who struggled in the AHL and became bonafide NHL stars either. So it's a promising first step on his journey, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

That must have hurt.

bobbyt 91*

Lol you cant just remove games. If you remove every game john scott was held pointless, he would be ppg too.

OK let me rephrase, lets give Nylander and L.D a 5 game grace period to adjust to the AHL. So with that in mind Nylander is a ppg player. So now lets see how L.D does after he adjusts

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think we all know Nylander is capable of putting points in the AHL. Really the debate of PPG or just under is just majoring in minor things.

The question is when and what Nylander will do in the NHL for me.

Mar 12, 2009
Well no, he was a teenager last year too. So if we are including all of his teenager stats, he is not a PPG teenager.

He was referring to this season alone, which is technically correct. You're splitting hairs as much or more than he is. Funny.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
According to eliteprospects.com he has 423 points in 338 recorded games, which is 1.25 PPG. So yes, he is a PPG teenager.

He was talking about the Marlies and his AHL stats.

Technically he is correct. Nylander has 40 points in 46 games which is just under a PPG. Not sure why everyone is jumping all over him for just correcting what PPG is.

Now as I said just above, PPG or just under PPG is majoring in minor things, since I think Nylander has proven he can produce at the AHL level. I don't need to see a 100 game sample(that word again sample size)to know this.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Jeez, nitpicky.

As a 19 year old he's a point per game. And yes, that even includes two playoff games in the days following his 19th birthday.

No one said "as a 19 year old".....he was still a teenager at age 18, he didn't just turn a teenager at age 19.

Honestly, I wouldn't have even said anything if he would have simply called Nylander a PPG player as a teenager in the AHL. But he said he was OVER a PPG as a teenager in the AHL which is going from a reasonable "Ok, he's not quite technically a PPG player but it's close enough we can call him a PPG player" to "He's actually UNDER a PPG as a teenager in the AHL but we're going to say he is OVER a PPG as a teenager in the AHL."

I see the first one as a reasonable statement and the second one as an obvious deception of the actual facts.

Shwaguy*

^^When someone goes to that level of nitpicking you know he has some inherent form of bias lol. Literally nobody else interpreted that post that way.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

He put up crazy numbers in the SHL, and is now putting up crazy numbers in the AHL.

I think he'll have success.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He put up crazy numbers in the SHL, and is now putting up crazy numbers in the AHL.

I think he'll have success.

I would not term the numbers he put up in either league as 'crazy'. They are respectable to good numbers. Let's not get too carried away. I think this was also the point of the poster. Nylander is a very good prospect, but Leafs fans do not have to prop him up. His play will hopefully do this. I say this as a level headed Leafs fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad