C Tim Stützle (2020, 3rd, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
You really need to calm down a bit. What were you expecting? He is playing 12 minutes a night with Tierney and Brown as a 19 year old rookie and people expect him to carry the whole senators team. I never understood why they wanted him so bad to play with this dumpster fire team this year. Nevertheless he had a really bad first game against the canucks especially defensive but he played decent yesterday.

Well, I mean isn't that some of his more ardent fans were suggesting? That he would come in and go gang busters? The fact that he isn't is not a problem but it does suggest that expectations for a lot of these prospects be tempered...considerably.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
He's a bit out of his element at the moment IMO. What he needs is the AHL. Can the Senators loan him overseas or nah?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
He's a bit out of his element at the moment IMO. What he needs is the AHL. Can the Senators loan him overseas or nah?
The AHL would be exactly the place for him right now. Unfortunately it's not certain at this point what's happening with the Canadian AHL teams, one of which is the Belleville Senators. Maybe the Senators could loan him to another AHL team. I'm not sure how that would work with Covid protocol though with him crossing the border.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

If he goes anywhere, it will be Mannheim

I personally think you should try putting him on a line that actually complements his play style before you send him anywhere. Using the "shelter" strategy feels(and is starting to look more) like intentional tanking. Outside of that play at the blue where he got burnt he looked awesome. There were a couple instances he moved the puck to a player and the Sens should have scored. Most notably the powerplay he put right on stepans tape. High danger area, no D coverage, goalie out of position, but awful shot.

Truthfully sending him anywhere, but to a line with other high end offensive skill players seems wildly misplaced. The things he needs to develop, need to be developed with and against NHL players.

It might sound like sacrilege to Sens fans to suggest, but break up the Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson line. "But why would anyone break up the only line that consistently generates offense and in general works". Hmmm, I wonder if distributing some of the teams actual speedy offensive threats would make more than 1 line consistently effective? Just to clarify that statement is peppered with sarcasm.

First and foremost Brady Tkachuk is an incredibly unique talent because he has the ability to make just about any line dangerous. Colin White actually looked great in this most recent game and in the brief time Tkachuk - White - Dadonov were a line they were dominant.

Now, for Tim. Hampering his ability to produce offensively by saddling him with strong defensive, but average offensive presence players limits how much you can even utilize Tim as a player. The Sens staff seems to determined to force shelter a kid that would otherwise generate offense with other high offensive presence players.

Would a 2nd line of Stützle - Norris - Batheron, not be wildly more complementary to his play style? This is rhetorical because it does not take a hockey scientist to see Josh Norris and Drake Batherson have the speed, creativity, and play driving ability to elevate any line. Specifically it would blend perfectly and allow the team to actually utilize Tim.

3rd line Paul - Tierney - C. Brown. If you watched their first few games you know why this line works. They looked great together and really brought out the best play in each other.

4th line I personally would only roll 3 and give these guys splashes when needed. This isn't the line I would rollout as I would have more youth on the 4th line, but I could realistically see the coach going Galchenyuk - Stepan - Watson. Watson has actually been pretty good in his specific role.

There is no fixing the D or net presence, but the offense can easily improve.

Beautiful post.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
I'd rather keep him close in the AHL. Probably less time wasted to quarantine as well. Although who knows with that.

I thought I heard he can only go to Manheim, can't play in the AHL. Not sure why, maybe a clause when they let him come to Ottawa?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I watched the entire Sens/Canucks game on Monday and you know I could single out Stützle as looking out of sorts etc. but only if I then chose to ignore the fact that he was surrounded by 20 other guys - most of whom arent rookies - who looked equally out of place in an NHL rink. That may have been one of the worst team performances in the NHL Ive seen. Granted I try to not watch bottom feeder teams usually, so maybe thats just par for the course for tanking teams.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I watched the entire Sens/Canucks game on Monday and you know I could single out Stützle as looking out of sorts etc. but only if I then chose to ignore the fact that he was surrounded by 20 other guys - most of whom arent rookies - who looked equally out of place in an NHL rink. That may have been one of the worst team performances in the NHL Ive seen. Granted I try to not watch bottom feeder teams usually, so maybe thats just par for the course for tanking teams.
Maybe they all hoped to get traded to Winnipeg...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I thought I heard he can only go to Manheim, can't play in the AHL. Not sure why, maybe a clause when they let him come to Ottawa?
Clearly he needs to mature physically, and in his understanding of the game. Is it best he does that with the Sens or in the German league? I’m wondering if that German league might be too easy for him?

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

I think that just further supports the point that this isn't the best place for him to develop.

We are singling him out because this is his thread.

Reactions: Kleefeld

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

OTT w/o Stützle: 2.72 xGA/60
OTT w/ Stützle: 4.66 xGA/60

I haven’t seen many of Ottawa’s games so far but the stats make it sound like there’s an awful hockey team that only gets worse (defensively) when Stützle is on the ice.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Stützle has played all his games against the top two teams in the league in expected goals for. Would seem a bit harsh to place much of the blame on him and his 13 minutes of ice time even if he's not exactly a Selke candidate at this point.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He isnt the problem ....This kid will be fun too watch,and will score lots of points...He is just playing on the worse team he has likely ever played on

Reactions: Fixxer

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
I thought he looked good playing with Batherson. Someone he can cycle and make plays with. Playing him with Tierney and Brown was hard to watch, no disrespect intended to those guys, but he needs players who can make plays with him.

In my eyes he improved each game against Vancouver. Looked more confident with the puck towards the end of the three game series. I think we need to be patient, Ottawa has really struggled these past few games and he's going to need some time to adjust to the NHL. From the Del to the Chel babyyyy. Was nice to finally see him on pp1 too! He's so slick.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
The First One VS. The Anointed One

I guess this is more for fans of global development than just prospects or the NHL, but what do you guys think about the Title/focus for tonight's matchup? I wanted to focus on the German Storyline haha. Really wish the sens would get Nico Sturm or something so this could be branded the "German Hockey Civil War". Domestic and international marketing opportunity missed, but oh well

FliegerKorps

May 10, 2018
I hate the Sens. But good god i'm jealous of you for this beautiful prospect.

He looks like what Jonathan Drouin should have been. That makes it even more painful.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I love watching him but I still think he should spend the rest of the year in Europe to be honest. Not many 18/19 year olds are strong enough to play in the NHL and he probably wasn't able to do as much training this past off-season because of his hand injury. He gets overpowered and thrown off balance pretty often. He also doesn't really have a sense of NHL positioning yet and I worry that playing in DJ's "system" might be actively detrimental to that. But mainly I want to just insulate him a bit from all this toxic losing and not ruin his confidence or drive.

I think (hope) he has the talent and force of will to succeed either way though.

Reactions: Kleefeld

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Another beauty goal.

He's actually getting better and more involved in the play on a game-to-game basis.

Unfortunately, he's not a defenceman because we only have two.

Reactions: kalle wirsch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad