C Tim Stützle (2020, 3rd, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Just watched his first goal. Thing of beauty. Has some things to work on but he's the kind of prospect that I believe will get there.

But my question is, his name pronounced Stutzle or Stutzla?

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Just watched his first goal. Thing of beauty. Has some things to work on but he's the kind of prospect that I believe will get there.

But my question is, his name pronounced Stutzle or Stutzla?

The "le" on the end sounds like how the French pronounce the word "Le" as in Le Big Mac.

And the ü is pronounced like the French say Oeuf.

If you don't know French, none of this helps.

markusschoen76

Death by a thousand cuts
Aug 4, 2017
Germany
The "le" on the end sounds like how the French pronounce the word "Le" as in Le Big Mac.

And the ü is pronounced like the French say Oeuf.

If you don't know French, none of this helps.

As a German who also happens to speak French, this is not really true... the "oeuf sound" would correspond to the German ö. The ü comes closer to the English "ee" if you pronounce it really quickly but that is also not 100%. The "le sound" comes close but I would say it is rather the French "les sound" without pronouncing the s.

So kinda like "Shdeetzle(s)".

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
Sens got so lucky Kings took Byfield.

They might as well have gotten lucky NYR took Lafreniere in couple of years time. We will see but his game is ultra suited for pro hockey.

I am going to give Byfeild another year before I waiver on his highest ceiling belief I have of the 2020 top picks

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I am going to give Byfeild another year before I waiver on his highest ceiling belief I have of the 2020 top picks
Everybody should unless you are terribly biased or ignorant, like the poster you quoted.

That aside, Stützle is an electrifying player. Awesome he is playing in the NHL already, so most can watch him.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hm to me it's so simple to pronounce.

a as in "hard", ä as in "hand", o as in "force", ö as in "first", u as in "pull" and you derive ü in the same way, mostly by moving your tongue closer to the front of your mouth. If you do that and say "pull" you get "püll". Concentrate on the tongue with the other examples.

The sound AFAIK isn't in the english language but it's all generated the same way so that really shouldn't matter.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
How has he looked, I only really saw the game vs the Leafs when he got his first. Outside of the goal I thought he looked awesome, the talent is obvious when the puck is on his stick.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
He played in the game against the Canucks on Monday. Tough game for the kid but he'll rebound. Fully expecting him to bag a couple points in the rematch tonight!

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Not a good showing tonight.

If I was the Sens I would send him back to his German team before the 1st year of the contract kicks in.
He missed 3 games with a minor injury and it was his only third game. Took McDavid a few games to get into it. He's had his moments. He's going to stay the season.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Not a good showing tonight.

If I was the Sens I would send him back to his German team before the 1st year of the contract kicks in.

Starting to lean this way myself. Was dead against it at the beginning of the season but watching this shit show every game I'm not sure its best to stay right now. Hard to keep confidence up when your team gets caved in every night.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I'd send him back too. Playing on this Sens team is not good for anyone's development.

He's also physically overmatched right now.

Reactions: lawrence

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think sens should send him back regroup for next year instead. If you allow the crappy Canucks score 12 against you in 2 games then the team is really bad. In our view these 3 games was considered by a lot of Canuck fans the battle of the 2 worst Canadian teams.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I think sens should send him back regroup for next year instead. If you allow the crappy Canucks score 12 against you in 2 games then the team is really bad. In our view these 3 games was considered by a lot of Canuck fans the battle of the 2 worst Canadian teams.

Sens are in a whole other class of bad. Dumpster fire level incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad