C/RW Jordan Kyrou - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2016, 35th, STL)

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm very unsurprised given that Blues fans typically talk about their prospects on their own board.

However, it is funny how well Kyrou has done throughout the last two years and his thread just now reached its third page.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Well what is wrong with him, just 1 goal and 2 points so far. His partner in crime Ruzicka even worse.

B-prospects carrying the load so far for Sarnia.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
He is playing with a full face mask due to an injury sustained in the final couple regular season games. I would assume that it is effecting his game somewhat.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
He is playing with a full face mask due to an injury sustained in the final couple regular season games. I would assume that it is effecting his game somewhat.
He was never a clutch playoff performer though... Like I said, 4 goals in 24 career playoff games in the OHL is not good for an offensive player like Kyrou.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
He was never a clutch playoff performer though... Like I said, 4 goals in 24 career playoff games in the OHL is not good for an offensive player like Kyrou.
Mmmk. 8 of those 24 games are from this year tho, and prior to this year Kyrou was a PPG player in the OHL playoffs (16 GP 3G 13A). Not trying to say that Kyrou is a playoff beast or anything, but I'm not overly concerned yet.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Mmmk. 8 of those 24 games are from this year tho, and prior to this year Kyrou was a PPG player in the OHL playoffs (16 GP 3G 13A). Not trying to say that Kyrou is a playoff beast or anything, but I'm not overly concerned yet.
For sure, it doesn't mean he won't be clutch at the NHL level or that he's a bad prospect. It should be a little concerning that he can't produce more than PPG in Juniors. We're talking about a guy that almost averaged 2PPG this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Well what is wrong with him, just 1 goal and 2 points so far. His partner in crime Ruzicka even worse.

B-prospects carrying the load so far for Sarnia.
Are they on the same line? Dang, I was hoping Ruzicka was progressing well, but there's a good chance he's just along for the ride then.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I've seen a few of those playoff games and IMO he's been incredibly unlucky. Has not been as bad as the stats would suggest. You can tell he's pressing a bit. But in the games that I've seen, he's set up linemates for a few golden opportunities and they just haven't been able to convert. Last night's game was a perfect example. Made a couple really nice plays in the offensive end and linemates just couldn't convert in the slot or Culina made a great save. And then there were a few other times where he clearly was overthinking and overcomplicating things because he's pressing. The wrap around attempt with a wide open cage was a perfect example. Instead of shooting or cutting back to the net with Culina down and out, he didn't seem to want to challenge Stanley and instead opted to try to wrap around and was foiled (by both Stanley and Culina).

He'll be fine. Just needs one great game to get the monkey off his back IMO. I think it happens at home on Tuesday.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
For sure, it doesn't mean he won't be clutch at the NHL level or that he's a bad prospect. I should be a little concerning that he can't produce more than PPG in Juniors. We're talking about a guy that almost averaged 2PPG this year.
It would be great if he was lighting it up, certainly. Hopefully he turns it on soon and gets back to scoring PPG+. However, I am willing to give him a bit of a pass this postseason thus far due to injury.

I've seen a few of those playoff games and IMO he's been incredibly unlucky. Has not been as bad as the stats would suggest. You can tell he's pressing a bit. But in the games that I've seen, he's set up linemates for a few golden opportunities and they just haven't been able to convert. Last night's game was a perfect example. Made a couple really nice plays in the offensive end and linemates just couldn't convert in the slot or Culina made a great save. And then there were a few other times where he clearly was overthinking and overcomplicating things because he's pressing. The wrap around attempt with a wide open cage was a perfect example. Instead of shooting or cutting back to the net with Culina down and out, he didn't seem to want to challenge Stanley and instead opted to try to wrap around and was foiled (by both Stanley and Culina).

He'll be fine. Just needs one great game to get the monkey off his back IMO. I think it happens at home on Tuesday.
Thanks for the update Brock, would love to hear any more thoughts you have on Kyrou as the OHL postseason continues!

For the record, here's what Blues' GM Doug Armstrong had to say about Kyrou as per The Athletic's Jeremy Rutherford:
Doug Armstrong said:
He's banged up...He had a face shield on for a while, and that was kind of bothering him for a while. I don't know if he had his nose broken or what.
Blues notebook cleanout: The points that got away, inept...

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Congrats to Kyrou on scoring his first pro goal yesterday. Beautiful top corner snipe off a breakaway:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Prediction time: Kyrou and Thomas will have major breakthroughs next season with the Blues. I think they'll make some changes to the roster during this season and summer and these guys will play major roles next year and start thriving. They've both improved already a lot during this season and next season they will make a big impact in the NHL.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad