C/RW Jordan Kyrou - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2016, 35th, STL)

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I watched the Sting quite a bit this season. He was inconsistent, but he did have the ability to wow you on certain plays. His overall game got better after the prospects game. Good bet he continues to improve.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Does anyone have any insights on Kyrou? His stats have improved drastically so far this year, he was a standout for the Blues at the Traverse City tournament, and I love the scouting report. Speed. Offensive ability. Only lacking a bit in size. Sounds like today's NHL.

Has anyone watched many Sarnia games that might be able to spread a bit of knowledge? I'm really excited by what I hear but the one thing I'm missing is the actual ability to watch him play.

This is the pick the Blues received in the Elliott trade (35th OA).

thething

Jul 28, 2014
Kyrou's a well rounded player with excellent vision.

He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses in his game though he needs to get stronger.

He's a guy that you could see play anywhere in the lineup because of his strong overall game.

I would be surprised if he doesn't become a full time nhler barring injuries. St. Louis have got a good one.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Does anyone have any insights on Kyrou? His stats have improved drastically so far this year, he was a standout for the Blues at the Traverse City tournament, and I love the scouting report. Speed. Offensive ability. Only lacking a bit in size. Sounds like today's NHL.

Has anyone watched many Sarnia games that might be able to spread a bit of knowledge? I'm really excited by what I hear but the one thing I'm missing is the actual ability to watch him play.

This is the pick the Blues received in the Elliott trade (35th OA).

Same except for the U18 and he rocked it there. He might end up as a poor mans Schwartz.

Nealssens

Jun 5, 2013
Whats to expect from him going forward? He has a pretty impressive jump in production this year.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Even more impressive is that he had 36 more points than the next highest scorer on his team. He will likely be back in juniors next season, although he might get the 9 game look for the Blues. Unfortunately, he's too young for the AHL. He'll need to work on his shot and defensive play, but he's a dynamic, fast player whose style fits today's NHL. He has a decent shot at being a top 6 forward in a couple of years.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I think he has a decent shot of getting a 9 game look if he has a really good camp, but will likely get sent back to Sarnia. I watched him last year in Columbus for pre-season and he looked good in the O-Zone but chased the puck too much in his own zone.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
why such little chatter about him? Ive heard unreal things about the guy and figured I would see what everyone here is saying, but im only the 15th message????

I realize Blues fans don't really over hype prospects on here and are more less quiet, but still!!

some Blues fans are even thinking he will be getting a 9 game look next season

Last edited:

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
why such little chatter about him? Ive heard unreal things about the guy and figured I would see what everyone here is saying, but im only the 15th message????

I realize Blues fans don't really over hype prospects on here and are more less quiet, but still!!

some Blues fans are even thinking he will be getting a 9 game look next season

It is summer.......

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It is summer.......

exactly my point... this is when people go nuts talking about prospects and other stuff in the NHL. Especially when all teams have their development caps in July. Prospect area on this site goes crazy in the offseason as you can see when scrolling through everything with fans talking about who their top prospects are and all that

Not to mention the fact he was drafted in 2016 draft so people could have been discussing him for quite a while since being drafted

oh well, just curious is all... Blues have a gem here

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
exactly my point... this is when people go nuts talking about prospects and other stuff in the NHL. Especially when all teams have their development caps in July. Prospect area on this site goes crazy in the offseason as you can see when scrolling through everything with fans talking about who their top prospects are and all that

Not to mention the fact he was drafted in 2016 draft so people could have been discussing him for quite a while since being drafted

oh well, just curious is all... Blues have a gem here
Couldn't agree more sj08 , I'm really hoping he impresses in training camp & earns himself a 9game tryout & from there anything is possible . Hoping he could be a effective offensive force as early as this season , i can see him on the right side of fabbri & stastny & if he produces what he's capable of then look out , kid's got slick mits , wheels & high intelligence , potential under the radar future force ( fingers crossed ) .

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Kyrou was a weird draft eligible, in the sense that he was a player with visibly good hockey sense and obvious top 6 talent, but mediocre production.

Should have been obvious his numbers were going to increase in a big way in his 18YR old season.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It'll probably be a shame if Kyrou has to spend another year in the juniors. I don't see another year there benefiting his game. He'll have to really impress to get a 9 game look but I hope it happens.

It's probably unlikely that he sticks but he's more of what the Blues need.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It'll probably be a shame if Kyrou has to spend another year in the juniors. I don't see another year there benefiting his game. He'll have to really impress to get a 9 game look but I hope it happens.

It's probably unlikely that he sticks but he's more of what the Blues need.

That's one big perk for late birthday prospects who can make the jump to the AHL in their Draft +2 seasons.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Really strong game from Kyrou at the summer showcase today. He was probably the best player on the ice (either him or Brannstrom, who also impressed). 2 goals, 1 assist. Looked absolutely electric with the puck. Excellent stickhandling and vision, dangerous almost every time he touched the puck in the o-zone or on the rush. He still needs to work a bit on his positioning and play without the puck in the d-zone.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Looked great. Blues got another 2nd round steal it seems.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Very much impressed with him today. He looks like his game has grown a lot since he played with Zacha. His shot still looks a bit weak, but he reads and anticipates so well, and those hands. Blues fans should be hyped.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Kryou has looked good, seems to be on a steady upward trajectory. Nice pick by St. Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad