C/RW Jordan Kyrou - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2016, 35th, STL)

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Where are all the Blues fans in this thread? You guys are asleep at the wheel, this guy looks like a star.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I know most of our fans don't frequent the forums outside our home forum. Unless its the NHL or trade forums.

But trust me, after prospect camp this year a lot of people are expecting him to see a 9 game stint this season.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Where are all the Blues fans in this thread? You guys are asleep at the wheel, this guy looks like a star.

we're watching him too. we've had so many promising forward prospects fizzle out over the years that I think we tend to be shy about getting on the hype train and pumping tires

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

We are well aware if him and have high hopes for him. He's a highly regarded prospect in our organization.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

sometimes its nice when a stud is on a quiet fanbase on here... if Kyrou were on some other teams, it would be at probably the 4th or 5th continuation thread by now or something atleast

We can actually read normal replies and not have to skim thru pages and pages of garbage

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

We tend to not try and be obnoxious about of prospects. We're super pumped about guys like Kyrou, Husso, Walman, Kostin and Dunn. We just keep it to our board, keeps the drama down.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We tend to not try and be obnoxious about of prospects. We're super pumped about guys like Kyrou, Husso, Walman, Kostin and Dunn. We just keep it to our board, keeps the drama down.

I love Thomas too.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
sometimes its nice when a stud is on a quiet fanbase on here... if Kyrou were on some other teams, it would be at probably the 4th or 5th continuation thread by now or something atleast

We can actually read normal replies and not have to skim thru pages and pages of garbage

This. We can actually have rational discussion unlike if he was a prospect for another franchise.

Very impressed with him at the WJSS. Him and Makar have some good chemistry on the Canadian PP

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Lol. Don't worry, we are wide awake. Just because there haven't been a lot of Blues fans posting in this thread doesn't mean we aren't paying very close attention to JK's development. I think it's fair to say that as a fanbase, Blues fans generally keep the prospect tire pumping in our own forum.

The funniest part to me is that JK was recently voted our 8th top prospect behind (in order 1-7) Vince Dunn, Ivan Barbashev, Jake Walman, Klim Kostin, Ville Husso, Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson. There's been some discussion in the Blues subforum about the last time our prospect pool was this deep and talented and some posters think right now might be the best in Blues history.

Because Saint Louis is a smaller market and we haven't had a high pick since the early 2000's, our prospects tend to get overlooked quite a bit by non-Blues fans. I'm not complaining, it is what it is. I just think it's great that JK is finally starting to get some national exposure now that fans of others teams are getting to see what he can do. However, rest assured that Blues fans are very excited about Jordan Kyrou and are following his development closely.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Lol. Don't worry, we are wide awake. Just because there haven't been a lot of Blues fans posting in this thread doesn't mean we aren't paying very close attention to JK's development. I think it's fair to say that as a fanbase, Blues fans generally keep the prospect tire pumping in our own forum.

The funniest part to me is that JK was recently voted our 8th top prospect behind (in order 1-7) Vince Dunn, Ivan Barbashev, Jake Walman, Klim Kostin, Ville Husso, Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson. There's been some discussion in the Blues subforum about the last time our prospect pool was this deep and talented and some posters think right now might be the best in Blues history.

Because Saint Louis is a smaller market and we haven't had a high pick since the early 2000's, our prospects tend to get overlooked quite a bit by non-Blues fans. I'm not complaining, it is what it is. I just think it's great that JK is finally starting to get some national exposure now that fans of others teams are getting to see what he can do. However, rest assured that Blues fans are very excited about Jordan Kyrou and are following his development closely.

^^^^ truth

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
The funniest part to me is that JK was recently voted our 8th top prospect behind (in order 1-7) Vince Dunn, Ivan Barbashev, Jake Walman, Klim Kostin, Ville Husso, Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson.

I've been on record saying I wanted Kyrou with the #31 during his draft year with the Leafs pick.

That said, I'm not convinced either way that it was a bad move by the Leafs or a oversight. He's tracking very well though. The reason why I was a big fan of Kyrou in his draft year was his skating and skill combination.

The only Blues prospect I'd rank above Kyrou are Dunn, Kostin, and perhaps Thompson among the skaters. So 8th on the Blues list is a bit of a overstatement to me, personally.

Admittedly though, I have been high on the upside of Kostin for a while now (had him in the mid-late teens on my personal BPA list)- but obviously, having missed a large part of his draft year- he's very much a gamble.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I've been on record saying I wanted Kyrou with the #31 during his draft year with the Leafs pick.

That said, I'm not convinced either way that it was a bad move by the Leafs or a oversight. He's tracking very well though. The reason why I was a big fan of Kyrou in his draft year was his skating and skill combination.

The only Blues prospect I'd rank above Kyrou are Dunn, Kostin, and perhaps Thompson among the skaters. So 8th on the Blues list is a bit of a overstatement to me, personally.

Admittedly though, I have been high on the upside of Kostin for a while now (had him in the mid-late teens on my personal BPA list)- but obviously, having missed a large part of his draft year- he's very much a gamble.
As far as the voting on our board, he missed out on being number 6 by 7 votes and missed being number 7 by 1 vote.

Funny enough, there were a good amount of us (myself included) who were upset with the trading of Elliot for this pick, but I don't think you'll find anyone complaining now :laugh:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The internal prospect voting on the Blues forum is a little silly. If you're ranking prospects on what they've accomplished then Barbashev is easily the #1 guy. As a rookie last year he played his way onto the #1 line. I don't think Barbashev will finish his career as the best player in the current group of Blues' prospects. Ranking potential is a different animal.

If I'm voting potential then I'm going Kostin, Kyrou, Dunn, Thomas, Barbashev & then Thompson.

I'm hoping Kyrou blows the doors off at camp. He's everything the Blues are in more need of offensively.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The internal prospect voting on the Blues forum is a little silly. If you're ranking prospects on what they've accomplished then Barbashev is easily the #1 guy. As a rookie last year he played his way onto the #1 line. I don't think Barbashev will finish his career as the best player in the current group of Blues' prospects. Ranking potential is a different animal.

If I'm voting potential then I'm going Kostin, Kyrou, Dunn, Thomas, Barbashev & then Thompson.

I'm hoping Kyrou blows the doors off at camp. He's everything the Blues are in more need of offensively.

I'd go Kostin,, Thomas, Dunn, Kyrou, Thompson, Barbashev.... Potential wise kostin could be similar to a sean Monahan/Rick Nash(prime years) but on the wing, thomas i see a ton of giroux in, so much playmaking ability, Dunn i'm hoping can be a top 4 puck mover that can hold his own defensively. Kyrou i could see being similar to a schwartz whose motor never stops and has a ton of speed and can make plays at that speed, seems to be a heady player and understands how to play away from the puck. Thompson if he learns to use his size a little more effectively with that release could be a force in the middle 6 with 25+ goal potential and Barbashev i see as a guy who will either be a 2nd or 3rd line center, he's very good defensively, hard on the puck and is always on the defensive side, if his offense can continue to develop he could be a 50+ point center.

Obviously these are just my opinions but I'm very excited about the blues future and i think i'm the only one that still thinks Tage thompson is legit lol

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Regardless how you rank them, one thing is for sure, this is the best group of prospects I have ever seen for the Blues. And, they will all be reaching the NHL when the Blues still have Pietrangelo, Parayko, Edmundson, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn and Fabbri in their primes. If they don't win a cup in this period, im not sure they ever will lol.

Last edited:

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Regardless how you rank them, one thing is for sure, this is the best group of prospects I have ever seen for the Blues. And, they will all be reaching the NHL when the Blues still have Pietrangelo, Parayko, Edmundson, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn and Fabbri in their primes. If they don't win a cup in this period, im not sure they ever will lol.

They still need someone to become a true 1C for them to have a shot at the Cup

stl76

Jul 2, 2015

In bringing up the fact that Kyrou was ranked our 8th best prospect, I was just trying to emphasize how deep our pool is currently.

Everyone has different criteria for what they vote for in our prospect polls. Personally, I weigh NHL readiness a bit more than potential ceiling, but you also have to take in account the likelihood of reaching said potential. That's why I voted for Barbashev as our top prospect. Jordan Kyrou might have a higher potential ceiling, but Barb is more likely to reach his ceiling (IMO) and has already proven quite a bit in the AHL & NHL. I mean, Barb played several playoff games as our 1C on a line with Tarasenko and Schwartz last year and did pretty well all things considered.

Kyrou is a great prospect and I am happy he's in the Blues org, but he still has a lot to prove and improve in his game before I would rate him above guys like Barb or Dunn who have proven quite a bit at the pro level. I personally rate guys like Thompson and Walman higher than Kyrou due in part to their pro experience (limited as it may be). I also think Thompson is more ready physically and Walman's skating is just unbelievable - but the point is that I think both are closer to NHL ready than Kyrou. I would like to see Kyrou improve his shot, his play away from the puck, and continue to mature physically before putting him in our top 4 prospects.

Kyrou, Kostin, and Thomas are all fighting for #5 on my personal list. Kyrou's play at the WJSS has been outstanding but, given his age, his play SHOULD be outstanding. Thomas has looked very good as well, especially considering how young he is. Agreed that Kostin is a bit a wild card. Excited to see what he can do in the AHL this season.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Kyrou is leading the OHL in scoring with 34 points in 14 games. Put up 2 more goals and 4 apples last night.

If he was another teams prospect, he would likely be getting more love.

Reactions: RoarBacon

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Super early, but would love to see Kyrou playing in the Olympics...jus sayin!

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
STL fans use a forum from their post dispatch. This kid gets brought up multiple times a week. They are well aware of this kids upside. Hasn't gone unnoticed.

He will already be one of the best skaters in the NHL once he joins the blues. Currently leading the OHL in points. This kid will be a stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad