C Nolan Patrick - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2017 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Honestly, watching those highlights, I don't get the hype behind this kid.

Who is Ty Lewis though?
Undersized scoring phenom through his younger years. Great hands. Too small and injury prone his 16 and 17 year old season, but has grown now, 6 foot, and getting top 6 ice time. Speed is good, hands are great, vision is great, as a draft overager he is def worth a late round pick. Now he is bigger and more confident, he has a real shot at a pro career

JA

I see a Kopitar/Getzlaf mix

In an interview he said he models his game after Kopitar, Benn and Toews
Always take it with a grain of salt when a player compares himself to another player.

http://www.westmanjournal.com/interviews/journal-interview-patrick-clague-provorov-1.1411880
Journal interview: Patrick, Clague, Provorov
Lanny Stewart / Westman Journal
October 2, 2014 01:55 PM

Journal: Describe yourself as a player?

Patrick: I’m not the flashiest guy. I just try and be a solid two-way centre. I try and contribute at both ends of the ice and chip in offensively as much as I can.

Clague: You can expect an offensive defenceman. I’m obviously trying to get better in my defensive game because I know that’s where I need the most work. I want to be able to produce as much as I can as a 16-year-old D-man.

Provorov: I think I’m an offensive defenceman. I think I can skate and move the puck and can shoot it well from the point on the power play.

Journal: Name an NHL player you’d compare yourself to?

Patrick: Anze Kopitar. He’s a big centre. He’s good in both ends of the ice, so I try and mold my game after him.

Clague: I try to compare myself to a Drew Doughty or an Erik Karlsson.

Provorov: I’m more like a Drew Doughty as well.
http://whl.ca/video/2016-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-kale-clague
June 10, 2016
2016 NHL Draft Prospect Profile: Kale Clague

Which current NHL player do you feel you have a similar skill set and are trying to emulate?

I watch Erik Karlsson a lot and try to pick up skill sets from him to add to my game. I’d say my game would emulate more of a Morgan Rielly or a Duncan Keith type player. Good two-way players with great offensive instincts, great puck movers and skaters.

Self-comparisons are always a moving target.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Undersized scoring phenom through his younger years. Great hands. Too small and injury prone his 16 and 17 year old season, but has grown now, 6 foot, and getting top 6 ice time. Speed is good, hands are great, vision is great, as a draft overager he is def worth a late round pick. Now he is bigger and more confident, he has a real shot at a pro career

He's been a big breakout player for Brandon, and will be even better in his 19 year old season. I hope someone takes him with a late round pick.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Watched him in Saskatoon last night and he was great as always. It was obvious the Blades were keying on him as they had a player spying him every time he was on the ice and were always trying to start stuff with him. He had 2A and the 1st was because of his superior vision to find Mattheos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese