C Nolan Patrick (2017, 2nd, PHI) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
I was solidly on team Patrick pre-draft. All the people in this thread writing him off are being totally rediculous. I seriously challenge those fans to watch some flyers games because he is consistenlty one of their best players. He has all the tools and the hockey sense to put it all together. He's a special player, and he's going to be a force for a long time in this league

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
I was solidly on team Patrick pre-draft. All the people in this thread writing him off are being totally rediculous. I seriously challenge those fans to watch some flyers games because he is consistenlty one of their best players. He has all the tools and the hockey sense to put it all together. He's a special player, and he's going to be a force for a long time in this league

It’s impressive that since the new year he really has been consistently one of the best players on the team. He may not be getting the bounces, but he creates offensive pressure game in and game out. Awesome to see for a 19 year old. Nico and Patrick are looking like they can develope into stars one day, amazing considering all the chatter on the boards pre draft about no top end talent

Reactions: Zubrus Coffee Maker

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
He is definitely a 80+ Point potential center. Watching his confidence lately, it is easy to see the star potential in him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Patrick has been flat-out incredible for weeks now. He's been excellent dating back to January 1st but the last few weeks have been a whole different level. His skating is TODAY where I thought it would be after a couple of YEARS in the NHL.

Would be shocked if he isn't close to 60 points next season.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Nolan Patrick has been winning every puck battle for about two weeks now.

He keeps adding to his game. We are also seeing even more jump in his game. The Bruins goal, but also in other circumstances, the explosiveness of his skating is surprising.

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Patrick has been flat-out incredible for weeks now. He's been excellent dating back to January 1st but the last few weeks have been a whole different level. His skating is TODAY where I thought it would be after a couple of YEARS in the NHL.

Would be shocked if he isn't close to 60 points next season.
If he takes over Simmonds spot on the PP, 60 points is within reach next year. If he is on PP#2 45-50 is what I expect.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
He's playing great after all the struggles in the first half. He looks faster and is more confident with the puck, makes great plays.

Hope he starts to bury those wrist shots in post season. He's had a couple of chances but missed them all. He has a heavy shot so it should eventually go in.

I'm sorry for wanting Hischier pre draft. Patrick looks just as good. He'll be a huge force soon.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
And people worried about his skating...
Kid has looked so much faster the last couple months. I was a bit worried early in year but fortunately he wasnt a 100% and now that he is he is filthy and projecting more like a 1C than a 2C imo.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Good to see him turning it around and playing the way he has recently. Gotta laugh when you look back at the bust talk lol.
I remember reading 1 commenter on here patting himself on the back 6 weeks into the seasons acting as if his criticism toward's Patrick's game was already proven true lolol. Yeah being a teenage rookie coming off hernia surgery just before training camp def didnt have an impact or we shouldnt give him any more time ...

Kid has looked night and day since the start of the season. He's a solid 2 steps faster.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
2 assists his last 9 games...no wonder there has been crickets on here.

what has changed the past 10 games? he was on a role...

still #22 overall in rookie scoring.
Wow a rookie with limited PP time has 9 game stretch were he only scores a couple points ... he now has 17 pts in last 24 games and has been scoring at a 50+ pt rate since the new year. Overall sample size for last 3 months has been great.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I know he's not a prospect anymore but was just looking at the projected lines for Philly on another site. They have him slotted between JVR and Voracek on the 2nd line and 1st PP. This could be a hell of a sleeper pick in non keeper fantasy leagues

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I know he's not a prospect anymore but was just looking at the projected lines for Philly on another site. They have him slotted between JVR and Voracek on the 2nd line and 1st PP. This could be a hell of a sleeper pick in non keeper fantasy leagues
I sort of hope Patrick doesn't play on the top power-play unit. This will help keep his points lower and hopefully we can sign him to a cheaper deal long term. Then once signed, unleash him on the top unit. Let Simmonds stay there another year.

Look at Couturier. He had 2 PP points 2 years ago. He joined the top unit in November, then had 17 PP points.

Patrick being on the top unit vs the 2nd could sway his points by 15 up or down. Should be in the 45-60 range but he has the upside for more.

I am really excited to see what being able to work out during the summer does for him since he has not been able to do so the last 2 summers.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

as far as I remember, he was very good down the stretch for the Flyers. Late season boomer. a redraft I think down the road he will be better then Heschier due to his size and toughness.

Reactions: 99664987

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
as far as I remember, he was very good down the stretch for the Flyers. Late season boomer. a redraft I think down the road he will be better then Heschier due to his size and toughness.
From the end of Jan to end of the year, both Nico and Nolan produced at approx a 52 point clip.

I think both will have years where they are the better player and both teams will be quite happy with who they have.

I think the one thing that will happen is those predictions of "60 point guys" will look foolish in the coming years.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
From the end of Jan to end of the year, both Nico and Nolan produced at approx a 52 point clip.

I think both will have years where they are the better player and both teams will be quite happy with who they have.

I think the one thing that will happen is those predictions of "60 point guys" will look foolish in the coming years.

Nah, "weak draft." They're pernial 3rd line centers at best

Reactions: My3Sons

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Nico and Nolan are both filthy players, people throwing the 65 point cap shit out there are morons. Total nonsense. Both of these guys will be top 15, maybe top 10 Centers In the league in the coming years.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nico and Nolan are both filthy players, people throwing the 65 point cap **** out there are morons. Total nonsense. Both of these guys will be top 15, maybe top 10 Centers In the league in the coming years.
and here we go....let's get these kids to second base before they start hitting home runs here.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I sort of hope Patrick doesn't play on the top power-play unit. This will help keep his points lower and hopefully we can sign him to a cheaper deal long term. Then once signed, unleash him on the top unit. Let Simmonds stay there another year.

Look at Couturier. He had 2 PP points 2 years ago. He joined the top unit in November, then had 17 PP points.

Patrick being on the top unit vs the 2nd could sway his points by 15 up or down. Should be in the 45-60 range but he has the upside for more.

I am really excited to see what being able to work out during the summer does for him since he has not been able to do so the last 2 summers.
Do teams really do this? Hacking minutes away from good players so they don't produce as much so they can try and offer them less money and say "hey you didn't produce enough to earn more?"

I can't believe a professional sports team would actually do that.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
so okay....ummm seems like he can't stay healthy nor consistently produce....whats going on now with him???? was hoping he and Konecny would build chemistry and put up some big numbers.
I don’t think we should be writing him off after going pointless in the first two games of the season and then having an injury reportedly unrelated to his previous ones.

He looked increasingly good as the season went on last year and he was able to work out the rust of his prior injuries, and was Philly’s second best player in the playoffs. He has done nothing to suggest he is on a path below that which was predicted of him at the draft.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017

Nolan had quite a bit of PP1 time, Nico had none

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don’t think we should be writing him off after going pointless in the first two games of the season and then having an injury reportedly unrelated to his previous ones.

He looked increasingly good as the season went on last year and he was able to work out the rust of his prior injuries, and was Philly’s second best player in the playoffs. He has done nothing to suggest he is on a path below that which was predicted of him at the draft.
I am not writing him off, just asking what is up?? I watched his preseason as well, it didnt look good to me either...

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I am not writing him off, just asking what is up?? I watched his preseason as well, it didnt look good to me either...
Yeah, I agree with you there. In the Flyers game I caught, he was always in position and playing well enough, but not really doing anything one would consider dynamic. But that could be due to any number of causes and we shouldn’t be making comments on his tendency towards injury based on two unrelated injuries, or on his offensive consistency on a weak preseason and dull first couple of games.

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad