C Nico Hischier - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2017, 1st, NJD) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA

Expectations for Nico have been high for quite some time among Swiss observers:

In a December 2015 article published by Blick, Nico was named one of the potential future stars of Swiss sport.

Translations by Google Translate.

http://www.blick.ch/sport/schweizer-sport-hoffnungen-das-sind-unsere-groessten-talente-id4508155.html
Swiss sports hopes
These are our greatest talents
Published on 30.12.2015 | Updated on 30.12.2015

What connects Roger Federer, Simon Ammann and Fabian Cancellara? Our athletes are 34 years old, their careers are drawing to a close. Whether they are ever to be replaced, we do not know. But some young athletes make us dream of it.

Nico Hischier (16): The next NHL star?

He still wears a helmet, needs a chauffeur to come home after the games. Nevertheless, the only 16-year-old Nico Hischier is already playing with professional players. The Valais striker is regarded as a decade-old talent. Wherever he was, he stood out everywhere. For the SCB he already put it on 12 assignments, scored even a goal. "He is clever, willing to learn and very pleasant," said Lars Leuenberger.

Hiker came to hockey through his four-year-old brother Luca. Both started in Visp VS. Both are now playing in Berne. And both live with their aunt in Köniz. Nico, who can not intercede at the SCB, said in April at the U18 World Cup: "Luca was my role model. I always wanted to do what he did. "Even at home in Naters VS. Nico worked with Luca in the underground car park on his floor technique for hours.

The sport was put into the cradle of Nico. Mother Katja was a swimmer. Father Rinaldo kicked at FC Naters. Nico also played football until he was 12 years old. But now his goal is NHL. For the Draft 2017 he is highly in the course. At the end of the season the striker could switch to the Canadian Junior League. "I do not hope he's going," Leuenberger says.

http://www.planetehockey.com/interview-thomas-roost-environ-un-tiers-des-m18-feront-une-belle-carriere,499.html
Thomas Roost: "About a third of the U18s will have a good career"
28/04/2015 at 10: 18: 22
Bienne, Vincent Criblez

A few days after the superb 4th place by the Swiss team at the M18 World Championships, Planète Hockey met Thomas Roost, a talented scout and scout for the NHL. At the age of 54, he who also works closely with HC Bienne takes stock of these global games and gives his opinion on training in Switzerland.

Thomas Roost, players from 1997 to 1999, who represent the future of Swiss hockey, have just won a 4th place at the U18 World Championships in Switzerland. Were you expecting such a performance?

On the one hand, yes. There is a lot of talent in this age group in our country. On the other hand, it is necessary to know to relativize: the team certainly finished 4th, but it lost more matches than it won. The system makes a team like Switzerland could have played against relegation if it had been a little less fortunate. Playing Russia in the quarter-final and not the United States also played in his favor, as the Russians seemed to take this meeting high. But I am delighted with the result and it is deserved. The future looks very good.

In your opinion, how many of these young hockey players will one day be able to win a professional contract?

I think about 30% of them will be on NHL or NLA. The rest will have to be satisfied with the NLB, even amateur hockey. Let us not forget that these boys are only 17 or 18 and that many things can still happen in their careers. Statistics show that only a third of the internationals of this age really manage to break through.

In the lot, the names of Jonas Siegenthaler and Denis Malgin are those that emerge most ...

Yes of course. For my part, I almost want to say that Siegenthaler is a bit overrated and that Malgin is rather underestimated. Let's take the case of Siegenthaler: in Zurich, he plays greatly for his age, but he receives a very defensive role. Marc Crawford asks him to play hard and start again, nothing else. There, at the world championships, he had much more offensive responsibilities and it was found that, for example, his shot is not yet finalized. I think he has the ability to play one day in NHL, but only as a defender with an ultra-defensive mission.

What other players in this group can expect to achieve a good career?

My favorite is Nico Hischier, a Viègeois who plays in the juniors of CP Berne. He is only 16 years old, but he already knows how to do everything. I've rarely seen such talent. He just missed a few pounds during these World Championships, but it's normal since he was two years younger than his teammates. This is certainly a name to remember...

http://www.laliberte.ch/news/sports/hockey-sur-glace/les-stars-de-demain-en-suisse-281187
The stars of tomorrow in Switzerland
Mondiaux M18 • The best young players on the planet hockey have an appointment today in Zug and Lucerne. Strong competition for the Swiss team.

"Experienced" Players

The Swiss M18 version 2015 will have to raise its level of play if it intends to succeed something. Canada, Finland and the Czech Republic will be dangerous opponents. Only Latvia, promoted, should be within reach of the selection of Manuele Celio. But Switzerland has "experienced players" in its ranks. Jonas Siegenthaler and Denis Malgin proved with the Zurich Lions that they had the stuff of stars at the Swiss level. Makai Holdener and Damien Riat, two Romans left in Canada and then in Sweden, have already played against men.

But the one to which a good part of the glances should converge is called Nico Hischier, player of the Valaisan brother of Luca, player of Berne. Nico Hischier, a striker like his brother, was one of the few players born in 1999 when the vast majority of the participants were 97 and 98. In 25 matches with the elite novices he scored 70 points (32 goals, 38 assists ). Called with the junior elite of Bern in play-off, he added 6 points (3 goals, 3 assists) in 10 games.

The tournament begins today. Switzerland are competing tomorrow night against Finland and then on Saturday night against Canada. She faces Latvia on Monday and the Czech Republic on Tuesday. The top four of the two groups are qualified for the quarterfinals. The last of each group are fighting against the relegation in a series to the best of the three matches.

JC18947.jpg

http://sport.ch.sportalsports.com/sportch/generated/article/eishockey/2015/04/17/portrait-ueber-nico-hischier-ein-riesentalent-mit-bodenhaftung-id43129900000.html
Portrait about Nico Hischier
A giant valleyent with ground adhesion
17.04.2015, 15:30
By Adrian Ehrat

When you talk to Nico Hischier experts in the hockey field, you get things like '' the next Swiss Riesentalent '' or '' he has skills that we have not seen in young Swiss players for a long time. ' . The experts agree: the young Oberwalliser has the facilities to become a very big one.

'' I can get it with you, 'admits Hischier. '' I read what is written about me and had to give some interviews. '' It is not a question for him to think about it. "It honors me, but it does not mean anything," said the 16-year-old, who repeated sentences such as "I have not achieved anything yet" or "I try to hide it".

The rise of the great talent began at the tender age of three years, when he attended the hockey school. "I was able to co-operate early with the older people and realized that I was talented," he looks back. "Nevertheless, I tried to do more than the others. Talent has many, but what makes it important is important. '' What sounds like a flop, the U18 national player has internalized. He knows that only hard work leads to success.

The sport was practically put into the cradle of little Nico. The father 's footballer, the mother swimmer movement, was written in the Hischier family. And with his older brother Luca (today 20), the aspiring youth had a perfect role model in hockey.

'' Some say it can be a disadvantage if you have a bigger brother who plays ice hockey. I see it differently, it's a huge advantage, "says the 16-year-old. '' If I have problems or questions - whether it's a game situation or something private - I can always get to it. He has helped me so often. '' Admiration is still great today. '' I still look up at him, he's still my idol. ''

In the coming season, the center, which has the attributes technology and game overview ('' I can score goals, but like the passport ''), is the biggest sign of the SCB, especially in the elite A juniors of the SCB . He sees potential in himself, especially in his speed and - not quite surprising for a 16-year-old - at the physique.

"This summer, I will mainly focus on strength." 'Hischier,' says Hischier, 'is not a lot of fun for him, but it just does not matter. In the back of my head I know that I will benefit from it. '' The Sion fan is aware of the importance of the coming months for his career. "Especially at a young age I can not think I am good enough. There is always something you can do better. ''

Almost wise, his words follow. 'If you think you are something, you have ceased to be something.' 'Hishier's life motif - free to Socrates - reflects the values ​​of a model professor. Good prospects for Swiss ice hockey. (Ade)

This is what Manuele Celio (U18-Nationaltrainer) says: "He has incredible abilities to read the game, he is very often in the right position, be it offensive or defensive, he sees where he must run and can anticipate what the opponent Nico has qualities that can not be learned very much and have not been seen in young Swiss players for a long time, he is modest and diligent enough to work hard on himself So far, he has a great future ahead. "

1449869556168-H2-0611.jpg

http://www.beerleagueheroes.com/2015-ivan-hlinka-memorial-awards/
August 18, 2015 / Beer League Hero
2015 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Awards

Best 2017 Draft Eligible: Nico Hischier
(Runner Up: Nolan Patrick, Kailer Yamamoto)

The final award goes to Nico Hischier as the top 2017 draft eligible through this tournament. As one of only a few 1999’s in this tournament, Hischier surpassed all expectations set and was by far the best player for a 7th place Switzerland side.

He finished the tournament tied for 3rd in scoring with 6 points in 4 games (3 goals; 3 assists), and was far and away one of the best forwards in this tournament. A strong playmaker who also possess some two way in his game, as he is always the deepest forward in his own zone. His skating was much better than anyone else’s on his team and playmaking abilities were heavily utilized by the Swiss. He was the most played player on his team and was always on the ice in the last 5 minutes, regardless of the score.

He beats out two of the top 5 2017 draft eligible, Canadian Nolan Patrick and American Kailer Yamamoto because of how he dominant he was on a 7th place team and how he always stood out in the games he played in. It will be good to see if Nico makes the switch over to NA hockey in the coming years and if he can push to be a top pick in the 2017 draft.

http://www.1815.ch/news/sport/wallis/luca-und-nico-hischier-zurueck-in-visp/
Luca and Nico Hischier back in Visp
What: 1815.ch
The Visper Eigengewächse and brothers Luca and Nico Hischier are equal in the "double pack" back in Visp.

While Luca, who can look back on a successful start in the NLA with the SC Bern to make a comeback in the first team of the EHC Visp, it is for his 16-year-old brother Nico the debut in the National League. Nico counts as "Jahrhunderttalent", played for the U18 national team last season and is already in the (expanded) squad of the U20 national team, as the EHC Visp Sport AG writes.

Nico has been training daily with SC Bern's first team in the national league for one month. The "Hischier-Brothers" have learned their craft for the most part in the Visper junior. Nico changed only 1 year ago to the city. He will be one of the youngest players ever to play in the National League.

As a result, the first-ever "unification" of both brothers is on a national league level. While Nico Hischier will stay in Visp for a long time (from the start until the national team break in November), his brother Luca will be a guest game for tomorrow's game in Winterthur.

The loan of these two players is due to the partnership between SC Bern and EHC Visp.
Pd / rul
22 October 2015, 16:08
asset-version-3d7f6c1084-DATA_ART_3556856.JPG.JPG

http://www.lenouvelliste.ch/articles/sports/hockey-sur-glace/le-valaisan-de-16-ans-a-fait-ses-debuts-en-lna-avec-berne-462135
19.11.2015, 10:21
At the age of 16, the Valaisan Nico Hischier made his LNA debut with Bern

Ice hockey - The young 16-year-old forward, on loan from Berne to Visp, made his LNA debut with the club in the capital last weekend. Its future looks bright.

Six days ago, Nico Hischier scored for the first time an LNA ice during the meeting Bern-Lausanne (2-5). 15800 spectators attended the baptism of fire of the young high-valaisan attacker (16 years).

Still entitled to play with the under-17 team of the Bernese club, Nico Hischier is currently the best count of the ... M20, he also evolves with the HC Visp in LNB. Its future looks bright. "I try to play my best hockey, no matter whether it's 15,000 or LNB, I still have time to develop, and I've noticed that in LNA everything goes much faster than It was impressive. "

http://thehockeywriters.com/wjhc-examining-switzerland-denmark/
WJHC: Examining Switzerland & Denmark
December 17th, 2015 Dennis Schellenberg

Nico Hischier (C, SC Bern, top prospect 2017)

16-year-old Nico Hischier is one of the most talented hockey players Switzerland ever produced. Because of injuries occurred to his club SC Bern, he currently plays in the Swiss National League A and scored already his first professional goal lately.

According to sources covering SC Bern, he is ahead of Roman Josi and Mark Streit at that stage of their careers. While you shouldn’t have too much expectations on Hischier, it will definitely be fun to watch him against much older opponents. He is going to be a top pick in the 2017-Draft.

http://www.watson.ch/Sport/Interview/538179414-Thomas-Roost-jagt-in-der-Schweiz-NHL-Talente--%C2%ABNico-Hischier-hat-etwas-von-Wayne-Gretzky%C2%BB
Thomas Roost chasing NHL talents in Switzerland: "Nico Hischier has something of Wayne Gretzky"
Many young hockey talents dream of the big NHL. One who closely monitors Swiss prospects is NHL scout Thomas Roost. He predicted a great future for 17-year-old Nico Hischier.
1.10.16, 11:51 12.10.16, 15:25
Janick Wetterwald

From Wednesday, the best ice hockey players in the world are back on the ice: the NHL starts in a new season. The Swiss hanger sign, Roman Josi and his countrymen, Niederreit, Streit and Co. - all of them want to make a sensation in the best hockey league in the world.

The way to it starts early and to the star in the NHL it is long and troublesome. One who knows exactly what is needed is Thomas Roost. He is NHL-Scout in Europe with special attention to the Swiss talents. We talked to the hockey expert.

On your Twitter profile you can read the following quote from Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots, you do not take". How come?
Thomas Roost: It's one of those trivial hockey moves. I often criticize such talks, but I like this quote. It is aimed at European hockey, where often a passport is too much. With a shot on goal, however, you give the goalie the chance to make a mistake.

What are currently the biggest hockey jewels in Switzerland?

Nico Gross (16) and Tobias Geisser (17, both ECC, Red) are two very hot irons. From today's point of view, Nico Hischier (17) has the best prospects. He is perhaps the greatest Swiss talent I have seen during my 20 years of work.

What makes him special?

Its game intelligence, the complete thinking and the good game overview. He sometimes sees players and passages, which others do not see - I find a touch of Wayne Gretzky. Although predictions among players at this age are very error-prone, I believe that he is making the leap into the NHL.

A bold statement.

Yes, but this boy is really exceptional. Usually I watch the talents in 5 to 10 games before I make a recommendation. But at Hischier, as a junior U14 junior, I was still in the service of SC Bern, I sent SMS to Sven Leuenberger after only one game third: "Try to commit immediately!"

asset-version-3435b69b31-6y7bb60.jpg

A Hockey's Future interview with Nico from September 2015: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/128375/2017-nhl-draft-qa-team-switzerland-forward-nico-hischier/
2017 NHL Draft: Q&A with Team Switzerland forward Nico Hischier
By Chapin Landvogt
September 2nd, 2015

As an underager who will first be talked about once the 2017 NHL Draft rolls around, young Nico Hischier was recently Switzerland’s most outstanding player at the 2015 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. Pivoting the first line, the 5’11”, 163-pound forward often wowed the crowd with some spectacular goals and strong overall play in a very creative capacity. Having finished the tournament with three goals and six points for the seventh place Swiss entry, Hischier clearly displayed that he will be the most closely watched Swiss prospect over the next two winters.

HF: What did Switzerland learn at this tournament?

NH: Switzerland learned quite a bit. Most of us played for the first time against the best players coming from countries like Canada and Sweden. It was a great opportunity to measure ourselves against that level of play and see where we’re really at.

HF: Did you experience anything here that surprised you?

NH: Coming in we had heard that the level of play is extremely high, because the countries are pretty much bringing all their best guys. And this was basically exactly how it was. That made it all that much more fun.

HF: Manuele Celio was the long-time coach of the U18 team. Now your coach is Thierry Paterlini. Have you already noticed some differences between the two?

NH: It’s naturally a normal thing that coaches have different tactics and that is something I’ve experienced right off the bat. Both are excellent coaches and do their thing tip-top. I’ve enjoyed playing for both.

HF: At the moment, the scouting community can’t identify a current Muller, Fiala, Siegenthaler or Malgin in this group of youngsters. Do you see that differently?

NH: I try not to spend any time thinking about things like that. When I’m playing, I try not to think at all that there are scouts up there who are analyzing us. I just try and concentrate on my game. I try to do what’s asked of me and have fun. I feel that when you have fun, you’re pretty much playing the best you can. That’s what makes the game so enjoyable. Otherwise, I just try to ignore what the media is writing and saying as well.

HF: So do you have another favorite player? Anybody anywhere…

NH: Definitely. Pavel Datsyuk. He has magic hands and he is great defensively. He’s quite the showman, but not without being responsible in all three zones. That’s a guy to look up to.

HF: How would you describe yourself as a player?

NH: I read the play and the game well. I’m a technically adept player who is a good skater for my age. I like to make things happen when I’m on the ice.

http://www.rro.ch/cms/an-den-oberwalliser-sport-awards-in-brig-holt-eishockey-jungtalent-nico-hischier-ueberlegen-den-titel-in-der-kategorie-nachwuchs-der-sc-goms-gewinnt-bei-den-mannschaften-88093
Oberwallis: Nico Hischier and SC Goms radiant winner
At the Oberwalliser Sport Awards in Brig, hockey-young talents Nico Hischier won the title in the junior category. SC Goms wins with the teams.
18.11.2016, 20:18

The elections at the Oberwalliser Sport Awards met with great interest this year. More than 5700 people participated in the vote. Together with the votes of the members of the Panathlonclub Oberwallis, this was a representative choice.

In the category newcomers, the ice hockey player Nico Hischier received the most votes. The young talents won the championship with the SC Bern last season with the Elite-A-Juniors. In the running season, he makes a big splash with the Halifax Mooseheads in the Canadian junior league.

oberwallis-nico-hischier-und-sc-goms-strahlende-sieger-77152.jpg

http://www.lenouvelliste.ch/articles/sports/hockey-sur-glace/hockey-nico-hischier-au-canada-du-yoga-du-pilates-et-du-quinoa-632144
04.02.2017, 06:30
Hockey: Nico Hischier in Canada? Yoga, pilates and quinoa ...
By Gregory Cassaz

Meeting - Upper Valaisan Nico Hischier, 18, continues his momentum. The Halifax Mooseheads striker did not think he could adapt so quickly and well to his new life in Canada. A life made of hockey but also yoga, pilates and quinoa ...

Dartmouth, the former city of Nova Scotia in Canada, has been part of the Halifax Regional Municipality since 1996. It was here that Nico Hischier packed his suitcases last summer. Include 2.5 Canadian dollars and 15 minutes on the oldest saltwater ferry service operating in North America to move from one city to another. "But I almost never take it," smiled Nico Hischier. "As another player lives two streets away and drives, he picks me up every day for training."

A first in a host family

In Dartmouth, Nico Hischier is staying with his family for the first time. "The Valaisan is not on his first move. At 15, he leaves the family nest to take the direction of Bern. "Homesick ? I do not feel it, even if, of course, it's not the same as living in Valais or Switzerland, "he says. "But my parents and my friend have already come to find me. My sister, she stayed with me here during the months of November and December. Not to mention that my host family is really nice. She's still there if I need anything. "

In Canada, the days of Nico Hischier are very structured: between yoga, pilates, quinoa - you know this pseudo-cereal rich in iron and protein - English classes, 4-hour training and a small moment in a secret room Home of his host family, the Valaisan does not have time to get bored ...

http://www.blick.ch/sport/eishockey/yoga-quinoa-training-und-schule-so-lebt-top-talent-hischier-in-kanada-id6177101.html
Yoga, quinoa, training and school
This is how top talent Hischier lives in Canada
That Nico Hischier (18) can play hockey excellently, he shows again on Sunday. But what makes our future hope beside the ice?
Published on 07.02.2017 | Updated on 07.02.2017

Last summer, Nico Hischier ventured into the cold water. As a 17-year-old, the Walliser leaves his home country, moves from Bern to a host family in the Canadian Dartmouth.

The Halifax Mooseheads (Halifax and Dartmouth belong to the same district) Hishier becomes one of the most sought-after strikers of his year, some scouts even see him as the next number 1 draft (BLICK reported) !

On Sunday evening the now 18-year-old proves once again his skills: with Halifax '7: 2 victory against Moncton in the QMJHL, one of the three highest junior leagues of Canada, the Swiss with two goals and three assists man of the And now the third-fastest scorer of the league (76 points in 43 games).

"We are trying to make our home a home for him," says the guest's father, "SRF".

He feels that way. Because the former Visp and SCB players can even reach the floor and puck in their own four walls - in a room is a small field with gangs and gate installed!

As the Nouvelliste knows, Hischier's days are very structured. In this structure, yoga and pilates would have a place, as well as quinoa in the nutritional plan.

Besides, he is studying English fluently. An 80-minute course is available every morning.

Most important day in everyday life is for Hischier as a hockey player still the daily training with his Mooseheads. There he travels with a team colleague who lives nearby. (Str)
e8f54fab-7ab5-466f-b3ba-c47c14739ed0_JDX-NO-RATIO_WEB.jpg

An interesting article about Nico's options next season, with statements from former SC Bern general manager and director of player development -- currently a senior advisor with the organization -- Sven Leuenberger.:

http://www.watson.ch/Sport/Eismeister%20Zaugg/295637904-Der-SC-Bern-rechnet-n%C3%A4chste-Saison-mit-Supertalent-Nico-Hischier
SC Bern will be next season with Supertalent Nico Hischier
One of the world's best young players next season at SC Bern? Sport-General Sven Leuenberger has included this possibility in his plans.
14.01.17, 16:10 15.01.17, 00:14
Klaus Zaugg

Nico Hischier has three options for the next season: the NHL, the Halifax Mooseheads at the juniors or the SC Bern. Because he is not yet 20 years old, he can not be sent to a farm team (AHL). This is generally known.

The return to the SCB has hitherto been mentioned as a nice theoretical possibility. However, it is clear that in Bern the possibility of a return from Nico Hischier is taken seriously. Sven Leuenberger is a sports strategist at SCB. While Alexis Chatelain is concerned about day-to-day business, Leuenberger is in charge of planning and planning the day ahead. He says: "From the beginning, we have written the contract with Nico Hischier in such a way that he can only play with us in the event of a return."

SCB at the NHL-Draft on site

If the "Wunderkind" is not yet available in the NHL next season, he will be in for the SC Bern. Another season with the juniors would not bring Hischier any further. After the guest performance of Auston Matthews at the ZSC Lions (he played the season before the draft in Zurich) the reputation of our NLA as a training league in North America has increased further.

How does Sven Leuenberger rate the chances of a return Hischiers? "A forecast is now impossible. Where he will be next season is the decision of his NHL club. "He says the SCB will be there at the Draft in Chicago in June to get the first talks with the NHL club, the rights to Nico Hischier .

The question is, of course, also: Would the SC Bern have room for Nico Hischier next season? The planning has to run in two ways: with and without the young midfielder. "That would not be a problem," says Sven Leuenberger. "Our foreign strikers (Andrew Ebbett and Mark Arcobello, the Reds) can easily play on the wing position." If Nico Hischier, one of the two foreign centers would simply turn to the wing and in the first or second storm the young Walliser Platz do.

One thing is clear: when Nico Hischier's NHL club decides for a "year of apprenticeship" in Berne, the "apprentice" is expected to have a central position in the team. Coach Kari Jalonen would have to take that into consideration. Sven Leuenberger: "Actually, it does not make sense to give a young player an important role that we know he can only stay for one season. But in that case, we would like to accept that, of course. "The SCB would then have the most spectacular center axis of the league. Because next season, with Biels Center Gaëtan Haas (24) comes the best of those young Swiss strikers who do without a North America adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Islanders matched up the Brisebois-Meloche pairing against him and they completely shut him down. In the 3rd the Halifax coach was actually benching Hischier until that pairing got off the ice to try and get him away from them

JA

Islanders matched up the Brisebois-Meloche pairing against him and they completely shut him down. In the 3rd the Halifax coach was actually benching Hischier until that pairing got off the ice to try and get him away from them
I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, so I tuned in to 95.7.

Hischier hit a crossbar in the first period, and I actually heard his name called more times in the third period than in the first two periods. It sounded to me like bad luck, as numerous passes hopped over sticks; on a chance coming out of the corner, he nearly slipped the puck in the net but never recorded a shot on goal from that opportunity.

He had three shots on goal, which was tied for the team lead in shots that game. All of those shots were taken in the third period. He was 11/17, or 64.7% on faceoffs.

His linemates yesterday, Ben Higgins and Max Fortier, had two shots each. That trio, in total, had 7 shots on goal -- 6 of those in the third period.

Much of the game was spent killing penalties. The Islanders had 7 powerplays yesterday -- five in the first two periods; the Mooseheads had two powerplays.

The game was close in spite of 7 penalties and a 39-26 shot deficit.

Hischier and Somppi were relied on heavily to win faceoffs; Joel Bishop was 1/10 on faceoffs. There was a lot of defensive zone play that game due to the penalties. There was even a twenty-second 5-on-3 for the Islanders in the second period; Hischier was out there to defend and won that faceoff against Daniel Sprong to clear the zone.

Hischier's best chance was on a one-timer from the right side of the right faceoff dot.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm not watching the game, but he isn't listed in the box score, and I can't see anything about it on twitter, but does anyone know why he isn't playing today?

JA

Full credits to Shawinigan for playing a great defensive game, but that was easily his worst game I've seen.
He must have been injured in that game. He missed last night's game with what the Mooseheads have called a minor injury.

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/bathurst-blasts-herd-9-0
February 17, 2017
Bathurst blasts the Herd 9-0

The Mooseheads played without star Nico Hischier who sat out with a minor injury, while defenceman Walter Flower and goalie Blade Mann-Dixon were out again with injuries of their own.

It appears that he will also miss tonight's game:

JA

Nico returned to the lineup today and scored an assist in a 2-1 Mooseheads victory. The Mooseheads out-shot the Moncton Wildcats 43-18.

Hischier had 6 shots on goal, 4 of which were categorized as dangerous shots. His line had 15 shots on goal in total.

He finished with a +1 rating and was 9/14 on faceoffs.

He assisted on the game-winning goal, which was scored in the final minute of the third period. The play involved Hischier carrying the puck into the zone at high speed, circling around the net, and putting the puck into the slot for his teammates to pounce on; McIsaac took the first swing, then Fortier capitalized on the loose puck.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
3 points in the last 5 games. I'd expect that in one game by now. Is he slumping or what?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
3 points in the last 5 games. I'd expect that in one game by now. Is he slumping or what?
Missed two games, with what is rumored to of been a flu. He was due for a slow path again at some point. I doubt he was elite as his November, but not as bad as his first month. Like all players, he'll have hot and cold streaks. Outside of that one beat down of Moncton (a joke of a team) his numbers haven't been great in the last month. He's still pretty clearly in the top 2, as no one behind him has really launched a challenge. Patrick also hasn't really been using this slow patch to put some distance between them.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
i wonder whats his split #'s like from playoff teams vs non playoff teams
im sure jetsalternate can help me with that
88% of the QMJHL makes the playoffs. It hardly matters. All you would do is basically subtract Moncton and Baie Comeau right now. Which would mean he'd lose 15 points in 7 games vs Moncton, and would lose 3 points in 2 games vs Baie Comeau. The only other bottom dweller he beat up on was Sherbrooke with 5 points in 1 game, but he didn't do much vs Rimouski and Drummondville. I doubt if you took out his points vs the bottom 5 teams it would make much of a difference. Granted, the only top 5 team he's beaten up on is Charlottetown.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
88% of the QMJHL makes the playoffs. It hardly matters. All you would do is basically subtract Moncton and Baie Comeau right now. Which would mean he'd lose 15 points in 7 games vs Moncton, and would lose 3 points in 2 games vs Baie Comeau. The only other bottom dweller he beat up on was Sherbrooke with 5 points in 1 game, but he didn't do much vs Rimouski and Drummondville. I doubt if you took out his points vs the bottom 5 teams it would make much of a difference. Granted, the only top 5 team he's beaten up on is Charlottetown.

Yeah forgot about that part
Or rather first top half team vs bottom or something like that if u get what i mean

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
In Canada, the days of Nico Hischier are very structured: between yoga, pilates, quinoa - you know this pseudo-cereal rich in iron and protein - English classes, 4-hour training and a small moment in a secret room Home of his host family, the Valaisan does not have time to get bored ...

Is this supposed to be a mast*rbation comment/joke?

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Goes to show how weak this draft is when it comes to top-end talent. This guy is a consensus #2 right? He would have been 6th in ranking (Matthews, Laine, Dubois, Tkachuk and Pulju ahead of him) last year considering if he was a year older and his this season --> 2015-16.

LarrysMustache

Feb 29, 2016
Goes to show how weak this draft is when it comes to top-end talent. This guy is a consensus #2 right? He would have been 6th in ranking (Matthews, Laine, Dubois, Tkachuk and Pulju ahead of him) last year considering if he was a year older and his this season --> 2015-16.

ahead of tkachuk and puljujarvi in terms of upside easily, might be ahead of dubois because of his wjc and his fundamentals. So yeah not really

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
ahead of tkachuk and puljujarvi in terms of upside easily, might be ahead of dubois because of his wjc and his fundamentals. So yeah not really
He wouldn't have been viewed as ahead of Puljujarvi, Puljujarvi has pretty ridiculous upside. It is also not factoring in post draft performance. He may have went third if in the draft because he is most likely a center, but the consensus would most likely be that Puljujarvi is the better prospect. The view on Patrick if he was in the last draft is that the highest he possibly would have gone is 3, but more likely goes in the 5-8 range. Considering most view Patrick as the better prospect, I don't know how you can say Hischier has higher upside than Puljujarvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille