C Mikhail Vorobyov - Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL (2015, 104th, PHI)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
He certainly is more comfortable on the large ice than the small ice.
The KHL clubs have been using the smaller ice surface, the NHL or Finnish (60x28) size. I believe just one club is using the Olympic size.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What does this mean in your opinion, Flyers fans? That the organization has not given up on Vorobyev and are hopeful to see him back in 21/22?
Ffs, he is a loan. How have they have given up on him? He is not exactly setting the KHL on fire so far, but he is a prospect still.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Ffs, he is a loan. How have they have given up on him? He is not exactly setting the KHL on fire so far, but he is a prospect still.
I'm asking because team tends greatly to give up on 24 year old prospect who are not even playing in North America anymore.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I believe he signed a three year deal so he is not coming back any time soon. However the Flyers will continue to hold his rights during that time. Most likely a AAAA forward who doesn't make it but never know.

Reactions: IronMarshal

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You should be absolutely sure he doesn't have 3 year deal with SYu (which he does) before starting the sentence "ffs".

What does this mean in your opinion, Flyers fans? That the organization has not given up on Vorobyev and are hopeful to see him back in 21/22?
It's just 0 risk move for them to retain his rights, he can't even accept that offer now, whatever it is, it's just formality. It means they believe he might still have some relevance to the NHL teams in 2023 but not much else.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You should be absolutely sure he doesn't have 3 year deal with SYu (which he does) before starting the sentence "ffs".

It's just 0 risk move for them to retain his rights, he can't even accept that offer now, whatever it is, it's just formality. It means they believe he might still have some relevance to the NHL teams in 2023 but not much else.
That 3 year deal means nothing as long as the Flyers keep his NHL rights. KHL deals are easier to terminate.

Also if you would follow his threads you'd know I am not a fan at all. It's all about his status only. He is right now hitting the road I predicted for him and Rubtsov and was attacked for this by Flyers fans. Just another guy who thought leaving for NA early will help his development. Here we are though.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Vorobyov isn't loaned though, his deal with Salavat is full-time.
As long as the Flyers hold his rights it's a quasi-loan. He is probably still hoping to come back. I doubt that. That ship has sailed the day he went to NA istead of completing his education in Russia. There are always miracle revivals though.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad