C Mikhail Vorobyov - Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL (2015, 104th, PHI)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Makes an impact from the 4th line in his 1st game back.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He could get caught in a numbers game in Philly considering they have other C's in:

Couts, Hayes, Patrick, Frost, Rubstov, Laughton

Aug 25, 2009
éal
What’s the plan with him? If he is not working out with the flyers maybe he would on another team? Maybe a team with a spot as a centre available on the top 9? Minnesota? Edmonton? Buffalo?

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
What’s the plan with him? If he is not working out with the flyers maybe he would on another team? Maybe a team with a spot as a centre available on the top 9? Minnesota? Edmonton? Buffalo?

I think at this point most teams would know he’s a replacement level player. Not good enough to be in a teams top 9

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
But I was told by Flyers fans the AHL will do wonders to him...

What could have been...If only he'd played his junior in Russia....

So what....now Russian can't play any hockey in NA until they make the NHL? Sometimes....they're just not good enough.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What could have been...If only he'd played his junior in Russia....

So what....now Russian can't play any hockey in NA until they make the NHL? Sometimes....they're just not good enough.
He was Russia's 1st liner at WJC and again I was told by the Flyers fans right here, that it was a good thing for his development to play in some inferior leagues in NA. He is not good enough is not good enough for me after watching dozens of them butchering their development in NA and on the other hand the not drafted players succed to become even above their draft day projection players developing in Russia.

This particular guy needed two at the least, but more like four years of fine tuning in the KHL.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He was Russia's 1st liner at WJC and again I was told by the Flyers fans right here, that it was a good thing for his development to play in some inferior leagues in NA. He is not good enough is not good enough for me after watching dozens of them butchering their development in NA and on the other hand the not drafted players succed to become even above their draft day projection players developing in Russia.

This particular guy needed two at the least, but more like four years of fine tuning in the KHL.

This line is always predictable after the fact, how about applying it to players at the exact time they move over from Russia to NA, otherwise it just looks like sour grapes.

He was a project when he was drafted and like most 4th rounders who do well in the AHL they are borderline NHLers plain and simple.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This line is always predictable after the fact, how about applying it to players at the exact time they move over from Russia to NA, otherwise it just looks like sour grapes.

He was a project when he was drafted and like most 4th rounders who do well in the AHL they are borderline NHLers plain and simple.
His failure was predictable, because he made a wrong choice. Kaprizov was a 5th rounder, Panarin was undrafted, Yakupov was a 1OA. Now what?

You can make a project work close to potential.. or not. Development is no lottery.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Misha feels like a 10-13 forward.If Kings asked for him as part of package in Toffoli trade (of course more parts) I would be ok with that.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

The guy is a 4th round pick. He's played more NHL games than all Phillys picks that year outside the 1st round, even if it isn't that many.

Wow, if only we could have sent those other guys over to the coveted Russian hockey leagues....maybe they could have become something huh? If only North America could learn how to properly train players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad