C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
To me - Grigorenko, Yakupov and Forsberg have superstar potential.

That is the kind of player every team needs, but especially the Leafs. Since Sundin and maybe Mogilny, they haven't had a real superstar franchise player. Obviously they won't be able to get Yakupov, but the other 2 are possible.

Why bro, why do you do this? why must you remind me of Sundin / Mogilny era ?:(

Roboholic

Sep 21, 2005
I know TSN rated him 12th but I really didn't expect him to be a available at this point. He could be a huge steal at this point.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
flRWu.gif

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Pumped. Any Q guys have any words for us Sabre fans? We wanted to tank for this guy at one point way earlier in the year and he slips to us. Didn't think he'd fall out of the top 5 with Montreal and Toronto.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Pumped. Any Q guys have any words for us Sabre fans? We wanted to tank for this guy at one point way earlier in the year and he slips to us. Didn't think he'd fall out of the top 5 with Montreal and Toronto.

He should be ready to step right in as he's 22 years old...:laugh:

Not a lot of insight regarding his freefall from #2 to #12, general feeling was he fell due to russian factor and perhaps an unwillingness to compete. A lot feel he's the most talented guy in the draft.

Certainly a moderate risk-high reward pick. Best of luck, glad you guys got him out of anyone else.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
He should be ready to step right in as he's 22 years old...:laugh:

Not a lot of insight regarding his freefall from #2 to #12, general feeling was he fell due to russian factor and perhaps an unwillingness to compete. A lot feel he's the most talented guy in the draft.

Certainly a moderate risk-high reward pick. Best of luck, glad you guys got him out of anyone else.

Thanks you guys got a stud in Galchenyuk

RussCourtnallsGhost

Jul 10, 2006
Montreal
I really think this guy is gonna be a beast. He sees the ice so well, and I like his release quite a bit. A lot of teams are gonna regret not taking him. Glad he went to a team I don't hate! :P

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I haven't been this happy for a draft since we got Myers in 2008...I cannot believe he fell this far! I don't understand how someone with these stats:

It was a bit of a fall for Grigorenko, who some had predicted would be selected in the top five after scoring 85 points (40+45) in just 59 games during an injury-riddled 2011-12 campaign.

Falls to 12th...I do not care if hes Russian absolutely incredible steal IMO. He has already said he has no plans to go to KHL next year.

Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL

Mikhail Grigorenko: "I think I will be ready to play in the NHL next year." #Sabres

Can't wait to finally see a potential number one center develop! =)

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Is buffalo in same division as Toronto? If so, and Grig turns out to be a sick center, and Leafs still dont end up having a 1C, they will be kicking themselves every time they play buffalo.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Congrats to Buffalo :handclap: I bet all the teams that took so-so Defenseman ahead of him will be regretting passing Grigorenko's high-upside up in a few years time.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I really think this guy is gonna be a beast. He sees the ice so well, and I like his release quite a bit. A lot of teams are gonna regret not taking him. Glad he went to a team I don't hate! :P

If beasts wear skirts and dream of unicorns jumping over rainbows.....then yes, he can be a beast.

He fell because he is extremely soft and timid. I like the Girgensons pick but they should have taken Faksa over Grigorenko.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If beasts wear skirts and dream of unicorns jumping over rainbows.....then yes, he can be a beast.

He fell because he is extremely soft and timid. I like the Girgensons pick but they should have taken Faksa over Grigorenko.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Consensus number one or two for nearly the entire year falls rapidly right before the draft because of teams scared that hes "Russian" and had Mono for the combine...He has made many statements already about how hes not even thinking of going to the KHL and is going to make the team next year. 6'3'' 200+ lbs center that could be our franchise player in the near future. Could not be more happy. Faksa is no where near the talent Grigs possesses on the offensive side of the puck. Your lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Consensus number one or two for nearly the entire year falls rapidly right before the draft because of teams scared that hes "Russian" and had Mono for the combine...He has made many statements already about how hes not even thinking of going to the KHL and is going to make the team next year. 6'3'' 200+ lbs center that could be our franchise player in the near future. Could not be more happy. Faksa is no where near the talent Grigs possesses on the offensive side of the puck. Your lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

I personally think Grigorenko will be a player that your fanbase might learn to despise but I hope I am wrong as he is just a kid and I don't wish him to fail (unless he was drafted by Boston or Toronto).

IMO Faksa will have a better career and fits into a contending teams philosophy whereas Grigorenko types tend to populate bottom dwellers.

Anyways, congrats on Girgensons as he is a beast.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I haven't been this happy for a draft since we got Myers in 2008...I cannot believe he fell this far! I don't understand how someone with these stats:

It was a bit of a fall for Grigorenko, who some had predicted would be selected in the top five after scoring 85 points (40+45) in just 59 games during an injury-riddled 2011-12 campaign.

Falls to 12th...I do not care if hes Russian absolutely incredible steal IMO. He has already said he has no plans to go to KHL next year.

Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL

Mikhail Grigorenko: "I think I will be ready to play in the NHL next year." #Sabres

Can't wait to finally see a potential number one center develop! =)

He'll be with the sabres next season.
He's a prima-donna though, we'll see what he does off the ice

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The Toronto-centric, media-spearheaded 'spin' machine to have a shot at Grigorenko at the number 5 slot.*

I reckon Brian Burke wishes to re-'Matt Sundin-ize' the Toronto franchise, ...at the expense of a very possible Montreal 'Béliveau-like' renewal era. He's counting on the Habs neophyte GM's naivety and edginess to wrest the big prize away, and as supplementary benefits go, steamroll the Habs' future with a 'grand-theft' larceny.

You push the classic Russian narrative with the massive help of friendly media (the TSN Maple Leaf cohort in particular) , ...in the realistic expectations that people's prejudices will take over and in due time, hand over...at the number five slot... the generational, the prize Hockey player that is a healthy Michaïl Grigorenko.

We're witnessing completely made-up, make-believe character assassination here, a cynical operation worthy of the worst Hack the murky world of Politics has been capable of successfully bringing to fruition. Brian Burke doesn't believe a word of what's being spewed on Grigorenko. He'll amply prove it when he rides Grigorenko's coattails, and 'laughs' it all off when a Habs' fan suggests in retrospect that the hate fest had been Burke-engineered to steer the Habs' glorious legacy to a richly deserved ...Toranna rest area.
nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad