C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Radulov wasn't even drafted yet by Quebec when he got drafted in the NHL, how could he have said the same thing?

Reading random people talking about something that didn't happen to prove a point is one thing... but from a global moderator?

Last edited:

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Radulov wasn't even drafted yet by Quebec when he got drafted in the NHL, how could he have said the same thing?

If the last 15 pages weren't indication enough, this thread has a pretty tenuous connection with reality. Things like facts and the truth just don't apply here.

You enter this thread with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of ice, a dimension of puck, a dimension of myth. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Grigorenko Zone.

A bit back on topic: I read an article today (I believe it might have been the Sportsnet one) that said one of the main things that could help Grigorenko's draft stock is if Roy starts speaking out on his behalf. The thought process is that Roy is pretty respected around the league and that teams will likely be speaking to him (and have spoke to him). His input could change a lot of minds or at least settle some nervous worries.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
If the last 15 pages weren't indication enough, this thread has a pretty tenuous connection with reality. Things like facts and the truth just don't apply here.

You enter this thread with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of ice, a dimension of puck, a dimension of myth. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Grigorenko Zone.

A bit back on topic: I read an article today (I believe it might have been the Sportsnet one) that said one of the main things that could help Grigorenko's draft stock is if Roy starts speaking out on his behalf. The thought process is that Roy is pretty respected around the league and that teams will likely be speaking to him (and have spoke to him). His input could change a lot of minds or at least settle some nervous worries.

I don't know if he'll have an impact but Roy appreciates Grigorenko as a person, which didn't happen with his previous Russians. Teams have seen Grigorenko on ice game but they don't really know about his off-ice work ethic or attitude. That's an aspect where Roy could help because he only had good words about Grigorenko's work off ice and personality.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I don't know if he'll have an impact but Roy appreciates Grigorenko as a person, which didn't happen with his previous Russians. Teams have seen Grigorenko on ice game but they don't really know about his off-ice work ethic or attitude. That's an aspect where Roy could help because he only had good words about Grigorenko's work off ice and personality.

Agreed and not just Roy.
I spoke with Martin Laperriere earlier in the year about him and he also had only positive things to say about Grigorenko when it came to coaching and wanting to improve.
Specifically, he acknowledged that Grigorenko needs a lot of work when it comes to playing in his own zone, but also made sure to note that he's improved tremendously over the course of the season.

I'm sure people will just say that this is a smoke show and that the coaching staff will speak positive about their players regardless of the truth, but in my time covering the Q, I've never known Roy or Laperriere to mince words. I've always felt that I've gotten an honest opinion from them and an accurate portrayal of both sides of the coin.

laika86

Apr 22, 2012
Washington, DC
I really don't get where this Grigorenko hate comes from. He has the highest upside in the draft by far. People don't realize that he hasn't grown into his frame yet. 18 or 20, he has the potential to improve significantly over the next few years. He would be my #1 pick.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Agreed and not just Roy.
I spoke with Martin Laperriere earlier in the year about him and he also had only positive things to say about Grigorenko when it came to coaching and wanting to improve.
Specifically, he acknowledged that Grigorenko needs a lot of work when it comes to playing in his own zone, but also made sure to note that he's improved tremendously over the course of the season.

I'm sure people will just say that this is a smoke show and that the coaching staff will speak positive about their players regardless of the truth, but in my time covering the Q, I've never known Roy or Laperriere to mince words. I've always felt that I've gotten an honest opinion from them and an accurate portrayal of both sides of the coin.

He's willing to the little things that the coaching staff will ask of him. He had a scoring drought at the end of the season. In an interview, Roy said he told him to just stop in front of the net and opportunities would come. The first goal of the playoffs was scored by Grigorenko while he was standing in front of the net. He also tried to do it more as the playoffs advanced.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
post-draft, obviously.

The point is roy is a blowhard who loves spewing praises about his great successes to the media. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
post-draft, obviously.

The point is roy is a blowhard who loves spewing praises about his great successes to the media. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Obviously, like I said, you're making stuff up to prove a point. As a global mod ... when one of the mods just gave a warning about that kind of thing being prohibited... :help:

If he says something about Grigorenko, that's because he believes it. It's not in his personal interest to see Grigorenko picked high and make the NHL next season... He's in Pittsburgh to make sure he'll come back in the Q next season.

Sakicfan

Oct 30, 2006
post-draft, obviously.

Any link/quote on this ?

Roy has bashed a lot of players in the past. He had no problems calling out the lazyness of some players like Stefanovich, Kugryshev or Domingue.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I thought Grigorenko was top 3 material. When did he drop off so far. NHL network has him going at #17 in their mock draft now?

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Not sure if posted already:

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks

On #TSN990 this morning, Francois Gagnon said there are teams in Pittsburgh who believe Grigorenko could slip into the 2nd round #NHLDraft

I haven't heard the segment, so I can't confirm he said that. Maybe someone else listened?

I really can't see it happening, but if - oh boy lol

Jahodac

Feb 12, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Grigorenko won't slip past round 1, I guarantee that. I still think he'll go top 10. If he slips to Pens/Flyers/Caps, they will probably him.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Sweet. Grigorenko falling to 2nd round? ok.

Oilers take Yakupov at #1 and Grigorenko at #32. not bad. :shakehead

Some silly **** has been tweeted today.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Grigs will be the best player in this draft class when all is said and done. It's been crazy reading some of these comments with no proof to back them up. I wonder why people dislike him so much?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This guy if he slips too far is going to make some GMs / scouts look really silly.

I really hope Leafs pick this kid up, he has too much potential not to.

Fulcrum

To me - Grigorenko, Yakupov and Forsberg have superstar potential.

That is the kind of player every team needs, but especially the Leafs. Since Sundin and maybe Mogilny, they haven't had a real superstar franchise player. Obviously they won't be able to get Yakupov, but the other 2 are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad