C Matthew Rempe - NY Rangers (2020, 165th, NYR)

Rockman74

Feb 10, 2024
I looked up the “too big” player and found out, as I thought to myself “he might be like 6’8 or something”. lol

He’s actually 6’8” 240 as of hockeydb.

Anyway, it hurts just to see the impact on the play.

When you thought Trouba could roll you over, here comes Rempe!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I looked up the “too big” player and found out, as I thought to myself “he might be like 6’8 or something”. lol

He’s actually 6’8” 240 as of hockeydb.

Anyway, it hurts just to see the impact on the play.

When you thought Trouba could roll you over, here comes Rempe!
He says he’s 6’8 1/2, and you know how it is in the NHL. They round up.

Reactions: Rockman74

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Would be awesome to see him carve out a career as a bottom 6 guy that wreaks havoc and chips in with points.

For a big mean kid he actually has skill. Hopefully he can become a huge power forward with a decent amount of offensive points

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

GHIwPLhWMAAO2Cr

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
For a kid drafted in the 6th round only because he's tall, he's made it this far he deserves a bit of hype while it lasts. No one is expecting him to be a long time fixture contributing offensively.
Maybe, we’ll see how good he actually is when the hype dies down. He’s in his honeymoon period right now.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I really hope he’s able to develop his game and carve out a career as a bottom 6 bruiser. He’s certainly a throwback player and you just gotta love those types of guys, especially when they’re 21 years old. The game needs more of this.
It definitely does, todays nhl during the regular season is glorified beer league most nights and needs to be woken up by these types. Love the Rangers style of hockey. You can't help not pull for this kid as went undrafted in the WHL then played a year in the AJHL where got noticed by Seattle. Had a solid but not exceptional Junior career but got a chance by NYR and is making the most of it so far

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maybe, we’ll see how good he actually is when the hype dies down. He’s in his honeymoon period right now.
He’s getting talked about a lot, but it’s not hyping his game. I think everyone realizes that he’ll do good to carve out a career as a fourth line enforcer. He’s talked about a lot because of how quickly he’s become a feared player in the NHL.

Who is expecting him to be a good NHL’er?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad