C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
For those who have watched him in Grand Rapids this year is there any reason why he isn’t producing? Is he not getting any PP time? No chemistry with linemates?
- Bad team, bad linemates especially at the start
- Lacks confidence/swagger offensively
- Seems focused on defensive assignments
- Speed/conditioning looks worse than last year (likely due to offseason injury)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I am expecting more production from him too given his play in the SHL. And I think he'd be producing more if the team didn't look lost most of the time. I was hoping he'd put up 35ish points this season. He's not an offensive play driver so that's on the vets that he plays with.

And lets not forget, its a quarter of the way through the season. He still very well could put up more than those 35 points you were hoping for. He had a bad 10 games to start the season offensively and now the last 5 hes been productive. I dont think hes gonna stay at the pace of his last 5 but I'll also bet a lot of money that his first 10 will be his worst of the season

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Surprising lack of discussion on the Prospects Board about Kasper. Tough year in the A coming off of surgery. Still plenty of time. It does beg the question; is there an issue with the development in Grand Rapids? A lot of prospects underachieving there. Or maybe Draper and scouts just overvalue certain guys too much and they aren't as good as Wings fans would like to believe.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Is Grand Rapids just ass at development for the most part, is Kasper taking awhile to get up to speed post surgery, or is this just what he is: a middle-bottom 6 C?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Is Grand Rapids just ass at development for the most part, is Kasper taking awhile to get up to speed post surgery, or is this just what he is: a middle-bottom 6 C?
- entire new coaching staff
- kaspers only 19
- entire rosters young
- teams low on talent , ecspecially at dmen and centers that generate offense
- kasper plays sort of a power game which is difficult as a 19 year old against the big rugged ahl dmen

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Surprising lack of discussion on the Prospects Board about Kasper. Tough year in the A coming off of surgery. Still plenty of time. It does beg the question; is there an issue with the development in Grand Rapids? A lot of prospects underachieving there. Or maybe Draper and scouts just overvalue certain guys too much and they aren't as good as Wings fans would like to believe.
Mazur’s doing very well. Edvinsson, Berggren too. Cossa really coming along. Johansson & Wallinder better than numbers indicate. Lombardi a bit up and down but promising as a first year pro.

Kasper’s been underwhelming but also following a typical euro-coming-into-NA pattern of improving as the season goes along. He’s still just 19 so give it time.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
- entire new coaching staff
- kaspers only 19
- entire rosters young
- teams low on talent , ecspecially at dmen and centers that generate offense
- kasper plays sort of a power game which is difficult as a 19 year old against the big rugged ahl dmen
Is it that young? It’s a middle of the pack roster by age, that excuse could be used for guys in Columbus’s pool. Hes just flat out not playing well. The roster construction I do agree is pretty awful, another miss in the “Yzerplan”

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He is right about where he was expected to be. Getting better and better every night on the smaller ice, and here come the points.

Detroit was banking on Grand Rapids taking their lumps the first half of the season, and getting better as the season went. Very rare for an AHL team, to be this loaded with 22 and unders, playing every key position. Also didnt help that Luff and Czarnik haven’t been there very much, to help ease the pressure.

They sure are coming on though. Edvinsson, Johansson, Tuomisto and Wallinder playing every night. Mazur, Kasper, Soderblom, Cossa, also taking big steps. Lombardi and Hanas competing every night too.

The big jumps coming from Kasper and Tuomisto recently. If Tuomisto isn’t injured Game 2, missing about 20 games, this GR turn likely happens sooner. He’s much closer to the NHL than people ever would’ve thought 12 months ago. Probably time some folks start preparing to eat a lot of crow on that one.

Fun group to watch and more high-end kids coming. Savage having a great year at MSU, might just skip the entire league.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yep hes heating up after a slow start. 1 point first third of the season basically, solid middle portion, and now the last third hes AHL player of the week and over a point per game. Idont expect it to stay that high but its all about how you finish as a young guy in a new league and if he keeps it going, the wings are laughing.

Saying the development in GR is bad is so premature when it looks like a bunch of solid, young NHL players have come out of their is ridiculous. Maybe Yzerman doesnt want his young guys playing pond hockey out there to rack up points?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Yep hes heating up after a slow start. 1 point first third of the season basically, solid middle portion, and now the last third hes AHL player of the week and over a point per game. Idont expect it to stay that high but its all about how you finish as a young guy in a new league and if he keeps it going, the wings are laughing.

Saying the development in GR is bad is so premature when it looks like a bunch of solid, young NHL players have come out of their is ridiculous. Maybe Yzerman doesnt want his young guys playing pond hockey out there to rack up points?
I think it's moreso that Kasper is coming off a significant injury. GR hasn't been a model organization in terms of development. They've been fine at times, underwhelming at others.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think it's moreso that Kasper is coming off a significant injury. GR hasn't been a model organization in terms of development. They've been fine at times, underwhelming at others.
I think theres a lot to it. The injury definitely didnt help, but hes also still only 19, adjusting to a new culture and adjusting to North American sized ice. The team itself was missing a lot of its vets as well to start the year.

I think theres ~27 games left this season. If he puts up 18 points ill consider it a successful year offensively

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Didn't get a point but he is playing so much better now. 6 shots on goal and a huge play on the empty netter:
Perfect example of when scoreboard watching doesnt work. I'm surprised he didnt get a stick on that puck somewhere and get an assist on that, but thats the type of play thats going to make him and Larkin very tough for top centers to play against, even if they arent scoring 50 goals a year

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad