C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The negatives on him is that he is very light and weak when playing with men. But my goodness the skill on this kid. First of all, he's blazing fast. His stride could use a bit more explosive power, I mean he's 15. But when he gets off a couple crossovers he blows by anyone. His stickhandling is ridiculously sharp, great with the moves. His decision making is off the charts. Easily the best decision maker on their Alps team. His shot is good, it's powerful and pretty accurate, but it's not his calling card.

Away from the puck he is kinda invisible at the Alps level, which is to be expected of a 15 year old I suppose, but even for high end prospects of his age he appears to have lower scores in the weight room. But he's mesmerizing to watch with the puck. I've never been as amazed watching an Austrian kid his age play with the puck as I am when I watch him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Rogle has been a pretty bold and unconventional team from top to bottom, starting with giving Chris Abbott GM job immediately after he retired as a player, then him signing his brother and Cory Murphy as coaches even though they had next to no previous job experience, then getting Seider as one of the first NHL loanees in Europe for an entire season, having 2nd youngest roster and leading the league with it.. Yeah, these guys just go for it if they believe they see something. Hopefully, they aren't wrong with Kasper either although this is probably just a cup of tea for further motivation.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Rogle has been a pretty bold and unconventional team from top to bottom, starting with giving Chris Abbott GM job immediately after he retired as a player, then him signing his brother and Cory Murphy as coaches even though they had next to no previous job experience, then getting Seider as one of the first NHL loanees in Europe for an entire season, having 2nd youngest roster and leading the league with it.. Yeah, these guys just go for it if they believe they see something. Hopefully, they aren't wrong with Kasper either although this is probably just a cup of tea for further motivation.

Hakan Anderson sung the praises on Rogle recently (in an article on the Athletic) and in particular their development systems. Said they were as comfortable with it as they were with Frolunda. It was a big reason they loaned Seider there, you could tell there was a lot of confidence and admiration for the leadership at Rogle.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Hakan Anderson sung the praises on Rogle recently (in an article on the Athletic) and in particular their development systems. Said they were as comfortable with it as they were with Frolunda. It was a big reason they loaned Seider there, you could tell there was a lot of confidence and admiration for the leadership at Rogle.
Do you have a link to the article, or remember the title? Having trouble finding it, and I'd like to read his thoughts on how they develop players

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Hyllar Rögle för backlöftets utveckling: "Abbotts vet vad som krävs" - Hockeysverige

Could be what is being referred to. Andersson says "There's a lot of talk about Frölunda having the best environment for players in Sweden, but I don't know if Rögle's very far behind."

Also talks about how he likes the Abbott brothers. It is funny though that two years ago you could make the case that Cam Abbott(the coach Abbott) makes for a bad environment for young players. How perceptions change quickly. I think a lot of that change could be due to Mattias Sjögren taking over the C.

Reactions: canucklax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad