C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Me 3 hours ago: "This tournament is only a handful of games it doesn't tell you much about any of the players."

Me now: "Lias Andersson is absolutely going to win a Conn Smythe some day."

Because he threw a f***ing medal??? :laugh: oh my god

He’s an amazing prospect but this is absolute nonsense

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The talks of"sportsmanship" and "class" are amusing.

Get real. We need this kind of passion and intensity in the sport.

You lose to get silver. You win to get bronze.

There is nothing pretty about coming in second.

What Lias did was fine (and is actually very common in European sports)

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Three thoughts:

1) this shows a total lack of humility and respect for your teammates
2) Even a 21 year old PK would say that this deserved a rating of 5/5 classless subbans
3) If he was a leaf prospect, this thread would be on page 79 by now and this event would be a huge character flaw and major controversy.

grow up kid.

Reactions: RayB

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
At least he was arguably Sweden's best forward to go along with it
I am not even sure there is an argument for somebody else.

Three thoughts:

2) Even a 21 year old PK would say that this deserved a rating of 5/5 classless subbans
3) If he was a leaf prospect, this thread would be on page 79 by now and this event would be a huge character flaw and major controversy.

grow up kid.
1) Lack of humility? Possibly. Disrespecting teammates? Don't see it. If anyone can understand his frustration, it's definitely his teammates.
2) Arguable. Subban would be the first to tell you not to judge a book by it's cover.
3) This is true.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Three thoughts:

grow up kid.
You'd be defending this if it was Liljergen instead of Andersson

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Three thoughts:

grow up kid.
Yeah you just said it he's a kid, cut him some slack, he just lost the gold medal game, good on him i like that kid, he was pissed at the refs, he said you can take your silver medal and shove it up your *****!!!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Three thoughts:

grow up kid.

1) no

2) no

3) probably because some Leaf fans here are obnoxious

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't care whether he threw a medal or not, I'm not sure why people are making such a big deal out of it. I thought he had a great tournament and should be proud of his performance. Hope he succeeds in the NHL.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The talks of"sportsmanship" and "class" are amusing.

Get real. We need this kind of passion and intensity in the sport.

You lose to get silver. You win to get bronze.

There is nothing pretty about coming in second.

What Lias did was fine (and is actually very common in European sports)
Common in European sports? What on earth are you on about.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I get that he was probably frustrated and that he’s just a kid but tossing the medal away just seems a bit disrespectful to your teammates and the opponent. Sweden got beat fair amd square. Win like a champion, lose like a champ.

He is a great player, but after all is still a kid. He will mature and be fine. Not a big deal

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
What impressed me is that I've never seen this done before. Although, I thought Canada was going to lose and Sweden was winning gold.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't understand the deal here, sportsmanship? He's free to do whatever he wants with his medal, jeez. Don't think anyone on the team was particularly excited to receive a silver medal. Throwing the 2nd place silver plate into the stands would be more problematic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad