Prospect Info: C/LW Colton Dach - 2021 NHL Draft, 62nd Overall

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
It's not at all. It's why they brought in Hall for nothing. They spent eight million on two bottom six guys in Foligno and Perry. Tatar took League minimum.
Foligno and Perry, both in the twilight of their careers, were brought in to help the kids get into the grind of the NHL and leadership. Tatar took league minimum to play for a Stanley Cup contender. It's not the same situation. In a couple of years hopefully the Hawks can sign the Tatar of the day for league minimum when they are in the hunt for the Cup.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Foligno and Perry, both in the twilight of their careers, were brought in to help the kids get into the grind of the NHL and leadership. Tatar took league minimum to play for a Stanley Cup contender. It's not the same situation. In a couple of years hopefully the Hawks can sign the Tatar of the day for league minimum when they are in the hunt for the Cup.
Tatar is a f***ing mercenary. He took that contract because that's what the market dictated. Hockey is stupid. For 2.5 I firmly believe he's a Blackhawk.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
That’s a weird reply. Dach was good in preseason, and there’s plenty of room in our forward group to give him a shot. Whatever you’re crowbarring in about expectations is responsive to nothing I posted.
I don't have any issue with your comment about Dach. I thought you were complaining about the quality of the forwards overall. If that was not the case, I apologize.

Reactions: hawksrule

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Are you sad that the Blackhawks didn't bring in some guys that could help compete for 11th in the conference? This isn't the Vancouver Canucks, the Hawks recognize they're going to need more top-end talent, that means another year of tanking.
An offensively competent middle six winger isn't buying you ten points in the standings. Been posting here since 04. I know all about bad hockey teams.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Tatar signed a one year deal for 1.5 million. That really would have been a problem moving forward?
Was there any mutual interest?

They brought in Hall, were saving a top 6 spot for Reichel, wanted to give Raddysh opportunity to boost his stats for trade value, probably similar for T. Johnson, probably similar for A. Athanasiou, probably similar for R. Donato. What good does throwing a blank check at a mediocre talent like Tatar do?

In addition to being brutally bad last postseason, anything remotely close and he's signing with a contender ahead of a rebuilding team.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You've changed your argument three posts in a row.
What argument? You've just said it's "stupid" the Hawks didn't sign Tatar based on some fictional scenario you've created that a million extra dollars brings him in, and you haven't even shown that's a good idea or not... Bring in Tatar, give him 60 % offensive zone faceoff time and then what? Clap that he puts up 50 points? May as well just try and re-sign Max Domi.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What argument? You've just said it's "stupid" the Hawks didn't sign Tatar based on some fictional scenario you've created that a million extra dollars brings him in, and you haven't even shown that's a good idea or not... Bring in Tatar, give him 60 % offensive zone faceoff time and then what? Clap that he puts up 50 points? May as well just try and re-sign Max Domi.
You're quoting me and not even doing that right.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
The huge issue with the Hawks right now is that they don't have a lot of size+skill in their forward prospect pool and trying to get size+skill forwards on the FA market usually doesn't go well.

I can't think of anyone other than Dach that fits the bill.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have been a Blackhawks fan for many years but I have always admired the Bruins organization for consistently icing a solid no-nonsense team on the ice and off. This year, In the off season they lost 2 solid vets in Bergeron and Krejci and still start the season with 6 wins in succession, a franchise record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad