Prospect Info: C/LW Colton Dach - 2021 NHL Draft, 62nd Overall

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Surprised I did not see a prospect thread about Colton. Literally scrolled 5 pages and nothing (a rarity for our prospects). Anyways wanted to post this interview from about a month ago.

Starts at about the 19:40 mark. Pretty good in depth interview with him. He pretty much admitted he wasn't 100% for Seattle still from the shoulder injury (rehabbing that in the off season along with working on his lower half). There's other stuff he mentioned that was interesting. One thing I'll say/spoil... he said St. Louis actually interviewed him the most before the draft and he thought he was going there. Also someone spoiled the surprise for him and knew he was picked by the Hawks before it was announced.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Seems like he gets hurt every five minutes. Hard to get excited about him when he has shown no ability to stay healthy.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm not drawing a comparable to Shaw because they are quite different - but Dach has a bit of that Tasmanian Devil in him where it seems like he's a little out of control and you're not sure what he is going to do but you're pretty sure it's going to be impactful - good, bad or indifferent. He's got a wild abandon element to his game that I really like. And, he has enough offensive chops to not be useless in the o-zone.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'm not drawing a comparable to Shaw because they are quite different - but Dach has a bit of that Tasmanian Devil in him where it seems like he's a little out of control and you're not sure what he is going to do but you're pretty sure it's going to be impactful - good, bad or indifferent. He's got a wild abandon element to his game that I really like. And, he has enough offensive chops to not be useless in the o-zone.

I'm hoping for him and Savoie to anchor our 4th line going forward. Would be fun to have a reckless physical beast line for once.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm hoping for him and Savoie to anchor our 4th line going forward. Would be fun to have a reckless physical beast line for once.

Hopefully he can stay healthy. I'm no expert - that's for sure - but it seems some players physiology predispose them to injury more than others and I hope that isn't the case with Dach. I enjoyed watching him play for Seattle last season - when he wasn't injured. I think a future 4th line with Dach and Savoie could be a fun one.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Not saying he's exactly like Tuomo Ruutu----but everyone knew that Ruutu couldn't maintain that style of play and not have a short career. Hopefully, Dach can pick his spots a little bit more and focus on that nice shot of his.

Reactions: Sinbad and BobbyJet

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Not saying he's exactly like Tuomo Ruutu----but everyone knew that Ruutu couldn't maintain that style of play and not have a short career. Hopefully, Dach can pick his spots a little bit more and focus on that nice shot of his.
It’s funny how some players can’t stay healthy but a guy like Jocelyn Lemieux back in the day was able to run around like a wrecking ball for years.

Reactions: giza

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Apparently (Kirby) ruptured his acl and mcl when Tinordi sent him into the Hawk bench

Last edited:

hawksrule

May 18, 2014

Almost forgot about Dach. Looks like alot of the injured horses are coming back. It'll be interesting to see if Dach gets a game up here soon or if they send him down once he's cleared.

I’d like him to get a shot with Bedard. Our forward group as a whole is terrible.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I’d like him to get a shot with Bedard. Our forward group as a whole is terrible.
Well it is year one of the rebuild (or year two depending on how you want to count). Don't know what you really expect.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Well it is year one of the rebuild (or year two depending on how you want to count). Don't know what you really expect.
That’s a weird reply. Dach was good in preseason, and there’s plenty of room in our forward group to give him a shot. Whatever you’re crowbarring in about expectations is responsive to nothing I posted.

Reactions: TLEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad