C Luca Del Bel Belluz, Mississauga Steeheads, OHL (2022, 44th, CBJ)

CorporateVrabs

Sep 23, 2022
Apparently he was real impressive for the Jackets in the pre season from what I’ve read. Anyone know how far away he is?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Apparently he was real impressive for the Jackets in the pre season from what I’ve read. Anyone know how far away he is?

He was much more impressive vs junior kids this summer, in the rookie tournament and in the WJC selection camp. Like most 18 year olds, in pre-season he was not able to do anything. Probably a couple years away from making a roster push.

Reactions: CorporateVrabs

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Any Steelheads fans able to speak on his game?

I see mock WJC with Owen Beck as a lock for the WJC, but looking at stats, I’m not sure why DBB wouldn’t get a decent chance as well?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

I see mock WJC with Owen Beck as a lock for the WJC, but looking at stats, I’m not sure why DBB wouldn’t get a decent chance as well?
I'd say he has a serious chance of making the team. He was one of the standout players from the summer camp and has had a very good start to the season.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Isnt DBB more of a top 6 or bust kind of guy where Beck is the slot anywhere type of guy? Canada has no shortage of offensive guys to choose from, its about getting the mix right. Hell there are still people that arent even slotting in Dumais yet.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I saw him play over the weekend. I sat ice level behind the net.

The positives for me were excellent passing and good offensive IQ. He had a few beautiful passes.

The negative was I didn't notice him down low very often (or at all) and didn't really remember him engaging in or winning puck battles around the boards.

I think that's where Beck looked different to me - constantly engaging in puck battles/working down low/etc. And winning lots of those puck battles.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
I saw him play over the weekend. I sat ice level behind the net.

The positives for me were excellent passing and good offensive IQ. He had a few beautiful passes.

The negative was I didn't notice him down low very often (or at all) and didn't really remember him engaging in or winning puck battles around the boards.

I think that's where Beck looked different to me - constantly engaging in puck battles/working down low/etc. And winning lots of those puck battles.

Beck is a very complete player - great skater, strong motor, willing and able to engage in battles with bigger, stronger players. Has good vision and plays a fast 200 foot game. Very versatile. Has shown upside to his offense to start the season.

Del Bel can run hot and cold. Very creative and plays a strong possession - playmaking game. Very good shot (wrister/snap) with great release. Skating has improved, but still needs work. Tends to shy away from physical play and probably wins less than half his battles. Lots of upside to his game - good ceiling, but his floor is much lower than Beck’s.

Beck will have a career in the NHL.

Reactions: badfish

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
rights traded in the OHL. That means there is a chance he could be returned at some point for an overageseason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad