C Luca Del Bel Belluz, Mississauga Steeheads, OHL (2022, 44th, CBJ)

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
I did a top 10 of draft eligible OHL players since January 1st. Remember they’ve missed a whole year with Covid.

Wright 10+21=31 pts
Goyette 16+14=30 pts
DelBelBelluz 11+17= 28 pts
Delic. 5+19= 24 pts
Haight 14+6= 20 pts
Jelsma 11+9= 20 pts
Konyen 7+12= 19 pts
Beck. 5+12= 17 pts
Buchinger 4+13= 17 pts
Mintyukov 4+12= 16 pts

Reactions: Dominance

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
An assist against Peterborough for the kid who has a name that would be right at home on the Sopranos.

He also looks like one of Tony's "zips".

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
An assist against Peterborough for the kid who has a name that would be right at home on the Sopranos.

He also looks like one of Tony's "zips".

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW
To think that he's suppose to be considered a defensive prospect. I'm hoping Ottawa can snag him or Chesley with our 2nd.

Reactions: ORRFForever

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being drafted in the first round in June

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
I've been a pretty big supporter of LDBB and a staunch defender of his skating but a guy has to admit when he is wrong. Just finished watching the Kubota Top Prospects game and he looked mighty slow out there in what was obviously a very fast paced game with a lot of good skaters. I think he still had a solid showing (puck skills were definitely on display) but his skating is a much bigger red flag than I originally thought. Apologies to the posters I disagreed with on that point earlier in the thread.

Reactions: JohnJim

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I've been a pretty big supporter of LDBB and a staunch defender of his skating but a guy has to admit when he is wrong. Just finished watching the Kubota Top Prospects game and he looked mighty slow out there in what was obviously a very fast paced game with a lot of good skaters. I think he still had a solid showing (puck skills were definitely on display) but his skating is a much bigger red flag than I originally thought. Apologies to the posters I disagreed with on that point earlier in the thread.
I was disappointed, too.

Reactions: JMac13

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Very interesting stats for the top OHL draft eligible players since January 1st. He’s keeping a good rythm after a strong first half.

Wright 21 goals 42 assists 63 points
Goyette 28 goals 26 assists 54 points
Kyrou 13 goals 26 assists 39 points
DelBelBelluz 15 goals 23 assists 38 points
Guindon 21 goals 17 assists 38 points
Jelsma 19 goals 14 assists 33 points

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
What happened to Luca? At one point in the season he was rising as one of the best centers in the entire draft and was trending as one of the most productive, wasn't too long ago he was on pace for +80 points... that bumped him all the way up to #8 on NHLs final NA rankings. Poor end to the season, 4 points in 10 games and an underwhelming playoffs. Wasn't long ago rankings had him all the way up in the top 15.. and probably rightfully so, fast foward a bit and just about any ranking around has him outside the first round. Can anyone around who regularly watched paint a clearer picture? Did he get hurt? Just a bad cold streak?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What happened to Luca? At one point in the season he was rising as one of the best centers in the entire draft and was trending as one of the most productive, wasn't too long ago he was on pace for +80 points... that bumped him all the way up to #8 on NHLs final NA rankings. Poor end to the season, 4 points in 10 games and an underwhelming playoffs. Wasn't long ago rankings had him all the way up in the top 15.. and probably rightfully so, fast foward a bit and just about any ranking around has him outside the first round. Can anyone around who regularly watched paint a clearer picture? Did he get hurt? Just a bad cold streak?
I don’t think there was ever a consensus that he’d be a top 15 pick. He’s a riser. Some risers vault all the way into the top 15, and others hit a ceiling of their draft stock. He’ll be a late first round pick or early second most likely.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The Mississauga Steelheads had a much better season than most experts expected. One of the key reasons for that was an unexpected breakout performance from Luca Del Bel Belluz. A third-round pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection Draft (51st overall), he scored just one goal and five assists for six points in his rookie season in 2019-20. This was followed by him missing the entire 2020-21 season with the OHL campaign being cancelled due to COVID-19. Del Bel Belluz came into his draft season as a relative unknown in scouting circles.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Per the Athletic:

Luca Del Bel Belluz, C, Columbus: Del Bel Belluz was highly impressive in his two games as Canada White’s best player. That performance was good to see after DBB was underwhelming in the OHL playoffs, leading several NHL scouts to ponder if he had run out of gas. DBB was making a lot of plays, running the power play effectively and creating at even strength too, even though he’s not the fastest player.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad