C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
It was a clean face off loss that Farabee jumped and then he fed Wahlstrom through the neutral zone who scored. I am a big Hughes fan but that is not an assist IMO.

JLFGoNicsGo11

Apr 21, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
It was a clean face off loss that Farabee jumped and then he fed Wahlstrom through the neutral zone who scored. I am a big Hughes fan but that is not an assist IMO.
Hughes won it forward from what I saw , but alright

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
well he ended at 115. 2 back thats disappointing. He had a shot off the crossbar, and would be assists on two more shots off the iron from Farabee and Wahlstrom, and then perfectly set up Wahsltrom with a wide open net to tie the game was missed. Massively snake bitten today. Maybe it's not fair to the current U17 team but i wanna see the promotions go back and finish the USHL playoffs

Reactions: Frannel

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Understand as of now, looking more and more like Hughes will suit up for the University of Michigan next year - and would not be shocked to see Oliver Wahlstrom join him there. As Wahlstrom seems to be decommitting from Harvard.

In a way shows what many in NCAA hockey have been complaining about for years - that Michigan as unfair advantage in recruiting the US NTDP players because of the location of the program being so close to the University.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Understand as of now, looking more and more like Hughes will suit up for the University of Michigan next year - and would not be shocked to see Oliver Wahlstrom join him there. As Wahlstrom seems to be decommitting from Harvard.

In a way shows what many in NCAA hockey have been complaining about for years - that Michigan as unfair advantage in recruiting the US NTDP players because of the location of the program being so close to the University.
It was cool to hear on the broadcast today that last year when Oliver Wahsltrom was an underager he roomed with Quinn Hughes, and now this year when Jack is an underager he is rooming with Oliver. I would't be suprised if they both end up there next year, assuming the scholarships and schooling all gets figured out.

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin
I'm a bit confused: Hughes was namend best forward of the whole tournament, yet he was not among the top three players of the US team, but Wahlstrom and Farabee were... that's a bit odd, no?

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I'm a bit confused: Hughes was namend best forward of the whole tournament, yet he was not among the top three players of the US team, but Wahlstrom and Farabee were... that's a bit odd, no?

nominations are like that, there was also player who won the goal scoring title (with eight) and made the tournament winning goal, wasn't named anything anywhere

Monaakko

Oct 8, 2011
Finland
nominations are like that, there was also player who won the goal scoring title (with eight) and made the tournament winning goal, wasn't named anything anywhere

Nordgren was named to the all-star team.

Source: Hughes named MVP

As to the 3 best of each team, afaik that is awarded by the coaching staff and they can do it for whatever reason like awarding players for putting in effort or showing leadership or something.

Edit: One oddity, however, was Malyshev over Boqvist on the all star team, I guess as a bone to the Russian fans.

Reactions: Frannel

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
well he ended at 115. 2 back thats disappointing. He had a shot off the crossbar, and would be assists on two more shots off the iron from Farabee and Wahlstrom, and then perfectly set up Wahsltrom with a wide open net to tie the game was missed. Massively snake bitten today. Maybe it's not fair to the current U17 team but i wanna see the promotions go back and finish the USHL playoffs

I am hoping for that, too. Team USA is in uncharted territory in the USHL playoffs -- this is the first time they have ever won a series -- so it would be nice to set them up for their best chance to advance another round. Putting the five promoted players back on the team for the weekend games in Youngstown would give them a chance in the series -- they will probably be too jet lagged for the Tuesday and Wednesday games in Plymouth.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nordgren was named to the all-star team.

Source: Hughes named MVP

As to the 3 best of each team, afaik that is awarded by the coaching staff and they can do it for whatever reason like awarding players for putting in effort or showing leadership or something.

Edit: One oddity, however, was Malyshev over Boqvist on the all star team, I guess as a bone to the Russian fans.

York over Samuelsson. :laugh:

Did these people watch our games or just look at the box score?

JLFGoNicsGo11

Apr 21, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
FABB7A88-F001-4727-A66C-EC489CD3E61C.png
According to the USNTDP he finished with 116

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
I am hoping for that, too. Team USA is in uncharted territory in the USHL playoffs -- this is the first time they have ever won a series -- so it would be nice to set them up for their best chance to advance another round. Putting the five promoted players back on the team for the weekend games in Youngstown would give them a chance in the series -- they will probably be too jet lagged for the Tuesday and Wednesday games in Plymouth.

They rostered York and Hughes for the playoffs so they will probably play at some point. They are only allowed to roster 25 players though so they only had two open spots.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Samuelson had 2 points and was a plus 2. York had 6 points and was plus 6. Don't understand your logic here.

So you explained to me what the box score says and you are wondering why I might not think the box score is an accurate reflection? Did you happen to watch our games?

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
So you explained to me what the box score says and you are wondering why I might not think the box score is an accurate reflection? Did you happen to watch our games?

So points don't matter now huh. What did Samuelsson do that would have him as the top defender. Defend? He was plus 2 and York was plus 6. So what did he do that was so impressive? Coming from the same guy who had Hughes over Turcotte I wouldn't expect a good explanation.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad