C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015, 2nd, BUF) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
This seems to have become a Canadian over an American thing. We have the best Canadian player going to a Canadian team and the best American player going to an American team. A lot of trash talking between Canadians and Americans.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
What Eickel did as a fresh far surpassed what Parise, Toews, Kessel and comapny did just on a numbers basis. The NCAA is a totally different league than Kariya.

Johnny Hockey goes for 44 in 44 a year after his draft to 64 in 80 in the NHL this year. If that line of thinking was to hold true.

Eickel will hit,

44/44 = 64/80 JD

71/44 = x/80 JE

Eichel hits 129 points.

Would you have traded Malkin + for AO?

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
What Eickel did as a fresh far surpassed what Parise, Toews, Kessel and comapny did just on a numbers basis. The NCAA is a totally different league than Kariya.

Johnny Hockey goes for 44 in 44 a year after his draft to 64 in 80 in the NHL this year. If that line of thinking was to hold true.

Eickel will hit,

44/44 = 64/80 JD

71/44 = x/80 JE

Eichel hits 129 points.

Would you have traded Malkin + for AO?

JG has a better supporting cast though. Eichel won't have a Hudler/Monahan linemates or the defensive puck movement from the back end either.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Jack Eichel Media Scrum (6/26/15) - 7:19 Mins

[NHL]830964[/NHL]
Jack Eichel speaks with the media in Florida after being selected 2nd overall
in the 2015 NHL Draft.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hudler and Monahan are no better than Kane, O'Reilly, Ennis.

To be fair ROR wasn't in the picture when he made that comment. I was going to respond to it earlier saying it's too early to tell, though. Our supporting cast isn't as bad as last season made it seem. Ennis, Evander Kane, Girgensons... those guys are players. Moulson could produce with someone like Eichel. If Reinhart is ready, that's another player in the picture. Then we add ROR. Not saying we have a good team next year but Eichel may have pieces around him to produce very well.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Jack Eichel 1-on-1 (6/26/15) - 2:50 Mins

[NHL]830967[/NHL]
Jack Eichel chats with Brian Duff after being selected 2nd overall in the 2015 NHL Draft.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Eichel shift video from USA game #6 vs. Slovenia. Non-English broadcast because the available TSN copy was terrible quality. I also have a playlist that I'll keep adding to as I do the rest of the games.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres Select Jack Eichel - 1:52 Mins

[NHL]830806[/NHL]
The Buffalo Sabres select Boston University forward Jack Eichel
with the 2nd overall selection in the 2015 Entry Draft.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So what exactly did he say that got everyone in a tizzy?

Probably this.

“Even though I hadn’t been selected until today, it seems like I’ve been a part of the Buffalo Sabres for a while now,†he told a throng of cameras and reporters. “To finally put this jersey on, it’s a tremendous feeling.â€

Why wouldn’t Eichel say anything? He didn’t want to get ahead of himself.

“You don’t want to assume anything before it’s happened,†he said. “So until it was set in stone I didn’t want to publicly even speak about my feeling for the Sabres organization. I wanted to be a part of this. Now that it’s finally set in stone I can say this is where I wanted to be and it’s a dream come true.â€

It ruins what they've been thinking for awhile.

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
Personally I think it was smart. Here, a far fetched example:

- Buffalo gets the 2nd slot in April. Murray comes out and says "We're thrilled to be able to pick a prospect like Eichel!"
- Jack has an interview, says "It's always been my dream to play for the sabres, and I can't imagine wanting to play for anyone else." (Animated hearts are shown above his head, and he gets big anime eyes)

Flash forward to June - Drunk promgoers hit McDavid's car, and shatter his leg. He'll never play again. (I told you this was far-fetched)

Edmonton has to select Eichel as 1st overall. Internet goes nuts replaying his "OMG I LOVE THE SABRES" video over and over again.

See what I mean? He played it cool, until he WAS a Sabre. Can't see any offense taken.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Personally I think it was smart. Here, a far fetched example:

- Buffalo gets the 2nd slot in April. Murray comes out and says "We're thrilled to be able to pick a prospect like Eichel!"
- Jack has an interview, says "It's always been my dream to play for the sabres, and I can't imagine wanting to play for anyone else." (Animated hearts are shown above his head, and he gets big anime eyes)

Flash forward to June - Drunk promgoers hit McDavid's car, and shatter his leg. He'll never play again. (I told you this was far-fetched)

Edmonton has to select Eichel as 1st overall. Internet goes nuts replaying his "OMG I LOVE THE SABRES" video over and over again.

See what I mean? He played it cool, until he WAS a Sabre. Can't see any offense taken.

It's the same thing with not announcing he's going pro yet. He's simply waiting for the appropriate time. No sense acting like he's a Sabre until he is, though if you read between the lines in his interviews previously it seemed like he really liked the idea of Buffalo. Any amount of annoyance he showed seemed to be a reaction to the constant, repetitive questions, which are either about McDavid, roundabout ways to talk about how he's going to be a Sabre, or asking if he's going to go pro. The way he's been talking the past few days about having made a decision sure seems like a big ol' wink that he's going pro, but he won't announce that until the ink is dry on a contract after a discussion of his future (read: "you will be 100% be in the NHL all season"). There's simply no good reason for him to do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad