C Jack Eichel - Boston University, NCAA (2015, 2nd, BUF) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

I think he is going to be great. But I think that's a little bit hyberbole there. lol
So he's going to play second line C on Pittsburgh??? I don't even think he could play 2C for us. I guess maybe if someone gets injured then he is saying he would be able to step in and handle the 2C position in NHL, I guess that's what he meant.

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
There are indeed 2Cs better than Eichel (basically the 2Cs who are really 1Cs behind an even better 1C), but I still agree that he'd play in the top 6 of (more or less) any team in the league. Whether Eichel moved to the wing, or one of the current top 2 Cs moved to the wing, teams would find a way to squeeze him in there, he's just that good. I see him being the best player on Buffalo by a good margin next year.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
[NHL]830713[/NHL]
Jack Eichel meets with the media in Florida one day before the 2015 NHL Draft.

Kid is a beauty. I feel like Eichel is going to have some of the best sound bits in the NHL, as he said he likes being sarcastic and I feel like he is going to use that when reporters ask stupid questions.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Kid is a beauty. I feel like Eichel is going to have some of the best sound bits in the NHL, as he said he likes being sarcastic and I feel like he is going to use that when reporters ask stupid questions.

He'll get plenty of practice where he's going to be drafted.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Today is the day!

Animated_santa_reindeer_flying.gif

Hotel-Transylvania-2-copy.jpg

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I honestly think that the whole school thing is just him making it clear as possible that he has no desire to be picked by the Oilers or for the Oilers to get cute and trade back a spot for him if the Sabres offer him and the moon to get McDavid. Especially the whole "I have the answer for the team that picks me."

Sabres and Sabres fans should be happy to get Eichel but at the time of the draft lottery everyone including Tim Murray was absolutely crushed. The whole plan, the whole expectation was picking first. I wouldnt be surprised if Murray made some crazy last ditch effort to get the 1st pick still.

As an Oilers fan, Eichel just strikes me as a guy that wouldnt be into coming here.

McDavid will come here and just be a pro about it even though Im sure hed have rather have gone to Toronto or Buffalo. Eichel on the other hand, I think would raise a real stink about coming to Edmonton.

Last edited:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I honestly think that the whole school thing is just him making it clear as possible that he has no desire to be picked by the Oilers or for the Oilers to get cute and trade back a spot for him if the Sabres offer him and the moon to get McDavid. Especially the whole "I have the answer for the team that picks me."

Sabres and Sabres fans should be happy to get Eichel but at the time of the draft lottery everyone including Tim Murray was absolutely crushed. The whole plan, the whole expectation was picking first. I wouldnt be surprised if Murray made some crazy last ditch effort to get the 1st pick still.

As an Oilers fan, Eichel just strikes me as a guy that wouldnt be into coming here.

McDavid will come here and just be a pro about it even though Im sure hed have rather have gone to Toronto or Buffalo. Eichel on the other hand, I think would raise a real stink about coming to Edmonton.

Nonsense. Eichel is very professional, if he was drafted by the Oilers, he would probably just go back to school. But kick up a stink? I don't think so.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY

Everyone just loves making this **** up, don't they? The whole plan was to finish last and guarantee a top 2 pick, ensuring that the worst case scenario is picking Jack Eichel.

And that's exactly what happened. I'll take our worst case over 27 other teams in the league.

Secondly, you're completely off base about Eichel's intentions. He's stated publicly that if he is going to leave his college program, he better damn well NOT get sent down to major junior. He might as well stay at BU and address some unfinished business with teammates that he loves playing with if that's going to be the case.

Way to hype up McDavid's character while giving Eichel a backhanded remark though.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Everyone just loves making this **** up, don't they?

Tape don't lie. How about you go watch the draft lottery and the ball selection process again. I bet you Murray goes hard one last time at McDavid tomorrow.

If Murray got McDavid tomorrow none of you would care what it took and would be all like "Eichel who?"

Youre kidding yourselves if youre not. Sabres fans would be crying tears of joy while Oilers fans would be doing the opposite. Some Oilers fans would lose their minds if a deal happened regardless of the return.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Tape don't lie. How about you go watch the draft lottery and the ball selection process again. I bet you Murray goes hard one last time at McDavid tomorrow.

If Murray got McDavid tomorrow none of you would care what it took and would be all like "Eichel who?"

Youre kidding yourselves if youre not. Sabres fans would be crying tears of joy while Oilers fans would be doing the opposite. Some Oilers fans would lose their minds if a deal happened regardless of the return.
How about you do the same and watch McDavid's reaction to the Oilers lottery win. I'm just glad that they weren't on top of a tall bridge when they revealed the winner :laugh: But oh, you just get this "feeling" that Eichel with throw a hissy.

Cool story, bro.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Of course McDavid was disappointed. We werent his first choice. Im sure he would rather have gone to Toronto or Buffalo. Im just saying he'll deal with being an Oiler better and living in Edmonton better than Eichel would.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Of course McDavid was disappointed. We werent his first choice. Im just saying he'll deal with being an Oiler better and living in Edmonton better than Eichel would.
Haha how can you even make such a claim? McDavid just has to be better than Eichel at everything to you guys, I guess. I bet McBuddha is better at wii bowling AND making origami crucifixes than Jack. He probably also never got sent to timeout and he took out the garbage every week even though he didn't have to. His neighbor's, too.

I love McDavid. I think he's the most electrifying prospect I've seen in my entire life. Quit flaunting him to the point where everyone except for Edmonton fans hate him.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It's really odd that a portion of vocal Oiler fans who are about to draft a future hall of famer that will be the leagues best player in 4-5 years cannot stand when Eichel gets praised and just has to tell you how much better he will be then Eichel. Be happy with getting the future best player as we are happy getting the future 2nd best player. And not a single rational Sabre fan ever expected to get McDavid. We knew since day 1 that we were always getting Jack Eichel.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012

No, it wasn't. As Sabres fans had said the entire year. People hear what they want to hear

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

How can there be a "plan" to win a lottery? It makes no sense. Sabres fans who weren't idiots understood from day one that finishing last meant securing Eichel, not McDavid. If finishing last was the plan, the plan was therefore to get Eichel with a small chance at McDavid. There was no upsetting of the plan. The Sabres are drafting a franchise player. Like I said in the other thread, Murray said some time ago that he will not even call Chiarelli about trading up.

ceky

Dec 1, 2009
Vienna
The whole plan, the whole expectation was picking first.

I really think that people that make this argument do not understand basic math.

"The whole plan, the whole expectation was to go into the Bellagio in Vegas, betting on the first column and win the money. He was shattered. 30% chance, how could he have missed?"

great Eichel day, btw :)

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I really think that people that make this argument do not understand basic math.

"The whole plan, the whole expectation was to go into the Bellagio in Vegas, betting on the first column and win the money. He was shattered. 30% chance, how could he have missed?"

great Eichel day, btw :)

Haha to be fair I also make similar plans :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad