C Henrik Borgström - HIFK, Liiga (2016, 23rd, FLA; traded to CHI)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
put up 22g and 43pt his freshman year and helped lead them to a nation championship.
is on pace for 23+ g and 53pt in the same amount of games this year.

has a fantastic wrist shot with what seems to be incredible accuracy. hes great at picking his spots. fantastic hands and skills. and what surprises me with his highlight reel goals is not only the fact he'll slice a d or something, that alone was impressive, its the fact that he always seems to finish it off. he constantly gets incredible praise from his coaches, has looked incredible at our camps, and for a recent ncaa comparison he put up that same amount of g and pt as gaudreau did in his freshman year (in 7 less games). and is tracking for almost identical numbers as his sophomore year. jg stayed a 3rd year but i think borgstrom makes the jump for us next season either centering line 3 or playing wing in the top-6.

you can more size/muscle, we watched huberdeau make huge strides in his game through his training. its the skills that he posses is whats important. you cant teach that.

Reactions: Hokinaittii

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I haven't been following, but I feel like I'm out of the loop

He's gone from a "project" draft pick, to a top 10 prospect outside the NHL? What happened?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I haven't been following, but I feel like I'm out of the loop

He's gone from a "project" draft pick, to a top 10 prospect outside the NHL? What happened?

*last season's highlights.

*this year's development camp.

*goal from this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAINEC

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Should probably be signed within the next few days.

Saw him play a bunch this year, and he was dominant. Definitely done with the NCAA.

The Pioneers are getting Gutted.
borgstrom
Try terry
Dylan Gambrell

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Top prospect Henrik Borgstrom to sign with Panthers in coming days, report says

He's joining the Panthers! Forget Tolvanen, this is the premier Finnish stud forward prospect.
Interesting that the article also has a comment from Tallon saying they will take the 2020 expansion draft into account too. My bet is that the Panthers keep him out of the NHL this season even if he's signed now. No reason to burn a yr off the ELC and force them to use a protection slot on him when he could be exempt instead.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Interesting that the article also has a comment from Tallon saying they will take the 2020 expansion draft into account too. My bet is that the Panthers keep him out of the NHL this season even if he's signed now. No reason to burn a yr off the ELC and force them to use a protection slot on him when he could be exempt instead.

If it's the same rules, wouldn't he be exempt in 2020 regardless? He'd be on an expiring ELC which was exempt last summer.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
If it's the same rules, wouldn't he be exempt in 2020 regardless? He'd be on an expiring ELC which was exempt last summer.
If he plays this yr, he burns a yr of his ELC. I think that would mean that he's not exempt because by then but I'm not sure the exact way the NHL determined who was exempt or not. It could be based on the 40-game limit to count as an accrued season and then yes he would still be exempt or it could be that they just say if they've played on their ELC at least 2 seasons worth, then they are not exempt. Maybe someone who knows the exact way the expansion draft rules are worded can clarify that.

Here's the associated article that talks more about the expansion draft and Borgstrom:

Panthers, Dale Tallon open to Henrik Borgstrom joining the team this season

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Top prospect Henrik Borgstrom to sign with Panthers in coming days, report says

He's joining the Panthers! Forget Tolvanen, this is the premier Finnish stud forward prospect.
I don’t honestly think that either of them is physically ready enough yet. I’m not that happy about especially Tolvanen already playing this season in the NHL, as he has been obviously very tired of his tough amount of games so far this season. I would like to see him start with some good rest before training very hard his strength and stamina for a long off season. And I honestly think that Borgström is still that much of a beanpole that he sure would benefit from doing the same. I know that he did gain pretty well strength last off season, but I don’t believe that he did it enough to do well in the NHL yet. He was that skinny before that he needs to really gain even more strength to hold his ground in the NHL. Needs also still more explosiveness to his legs and also better stamina like Tolvanen.

I know that they both have amazing skills, but still this rushing is pretty much stupid, when they both are not physically ready yet.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Tolvanen is physically ready and his stamina is fine. Easily. Wouldn't know shit about Borg because i have never seen him play a game.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Borg is skinny. Really skinny. He's built like mark jankowski.

6'3, 190lbs. Should get up around 196-198 this off season. Settle in around 205-210 when he fills out. He'll figure out what optimal weight he needs to take the 82 game grind and still keep his speed up his first 2 years.

Absolutely pumped for this kid to play whether it's this year or next.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
6'3, 190lbs. Should get up around 196-198 this off season. Settle in around 205-210 when he fills out. He'll figure out what optimal weight he needs to take the 82 game grind and still keep his speed up his first 2 years.

Absolutely pumped for this kid to play whether it's this year or next.
Last time I saw him he was 185 lbs, and that wasn’t too long ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad