C Henrik Borgström - HIFK, Liiga (2016, 23rd, FLA; traded to CHI)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I feel like Borgstrom isn't getting enough hype. His numbers are impressive.
I also think he is underrated as a prospect.. it's not just his numbers that r impressive.. his offensive skill set and toolbox are elite.. needs a bit of work on picking up his pace away from puck and in defensive zone and needs to engage himself more in those areas but he knows what to do and where to go and when he does engage he is very effective... sky high potential and very high floor as well imo

Reactions: Ippenator

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Thank god he is drafted in Florida, wouldn't want him in the Pacific division.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
That’s a silly thing to say
Why is that? He has one of the best set of hands I've seen, is elusive and agile and he relies on those skills to play the game. Sounds a bit like Gaudreau. Borgström is also 6'3, so I fail to see the silliness. He is strictly a finesse player despite his size.

I find the 6'3 Gaudreau to be a fine stylistic comparison. Borgström is perhaps a more of a goal scorer and he likely won't be a Gaudreau level star in the NHL, but nobody has claimed that. I believe the coach was a giving a stylistic comparison.

Karhuvaari

Dec 4, 2016
Damn, it might be exciting year next season for the Finnish hockey fans. Borgström, Heiskanen, Heponiemi, Tolvanen... Sounds like a good rookie class.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
This kid looks like Patrick Kane out there with those hands. Very exciting prospect, I really hope his game will translate well to the NHL.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

The best thing about him is that on top of being an insanely skilled guy he has the size and strength on top of it. You don't always see 6'3" kids who can deke themselves through three or four defenders and just bulldoze themselves to gain possession with strength like that in the next shift.

Reactions: 1OApick

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Has he been playing C throughout his entire college career thus far, and if so, does he still project as a C in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad